Trouble shooting a Samsung PN58B650S1F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble shooting a Samsung PN58B650S1F

Hello everyone. looking to get some help on a bit of troubleshooting on a dead Samsung. It has the infamous no turn on just clicking going for it.

TV is apart and I have started to trouble shoot. 1st thing was I verified all the fuses are good.

The next thing I did was tried to disconnect the x and y boards individually to see if the tv turned on. No luck there either. Unplugged the y board, clicky clicky, no turn on. reconnected the y board, discoed the X board and same thing, click click click... no turn on.

At this point, with all the boards connected I checked voltages out of the power supply. Output to the X, Y, Logic and A/V contrl Boards were all constant at 15.14, 15.13, 5.15, 5.4 volts DC no mater how bad the relays were clicking. The voltages that were way off were the Va and Vs. Va should have been at 55. I was only able to measure 32. Vs was suppose to measure 202, i was only getting 92. The other strange thing was that the power supply was clicking in a set pattern of 5 cycles then it would take an 8 sec break and start over. each time it clicked in the 5 part cycle the voltage grew a little with the Va and Vs, but never reaching what it should be.

Va would be 29, 30, 31, 31, 32 while Vs would be 80, 87, 90, 91, 92 then the cycle would stop for about 8 seconds and repeat all over again.

My question is, is this enough trouble shooting to say it's a bad power supply or are there other things that need to be done to draw that conclusion? I'd like to fix the TV without throwing money at parts it doesn't need.

Thank you in advance for any and all help you can provide me.

HC
    I cant break it anymore than it already is!

Re: Trouble shooting a Samsung PN58B650S1F

Find pin VS-ON on power supply,what does it measure? steady or fluctuating with the clicking.
    Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

There are four output connectors on the PS. The output connectors to the Logic Board and A/V Controller have labels for VS-ON pins. The X and Y Connectors only say VS.

The Logic and Controller outputs are 3.23DC and 3.23DC. These voltage outputs do NOT fluctuate with the clicking of the PS. The X and Y outputs on the other hand DO fluctuate with readings starting at 36DC down to 26DC with the clicking of the PS.

Comment

resubmitting pics in the appropriate format
        Attached Files

Comment

So commands to powersupply to switch on are steady. Safe to say the problem is on the power supply.
          Are you looking to repair on component level or plan to replace the board?
          Seen a few on fleebay in the 60 buck range

Comment

I know my limitations, and at this level in the game I'm just a board jockey. I wouldn't mind taking a stab at it but I'd probably have more to loose then gain. I did pull the board just to make sure there were no broken or loose solder joints though. All was good there.

I know going used parts is a crap shoot as well, but if $75usd gets me another year or two out of the TV I'll be happy.

So I should feel confident getting a replacement PS then?

Thank you very much for your help, it is greatly appreciated!!!

Comment

Budm is lurking around atm,let's see what he thinks (He's a master in this stuff) but I'm pretty sure we got all covered to blame the powersupply.

Comment

10-4,

standing by

Comment

Working...
                X