Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: samsung un50h6203af no picture but has sound

Originally posted by neilc6 View Post
    Got another one of these in with same symptoms. Model UN50H6400AF.

Backlights working and no picture and 2 leds lit on tcon. Removed left side tcon connector and tv powered up right side with 3 leds on tcon. Covered about 4-5 pins on leftmost connector with scotch tape and tv powered up both sides.
    Question: Hi ! I did same method to mine. Coveres 5 pins of the FLEX CABLE and worked ! ( But with thin lines , like if resolution was somekind of incomplete ) Did yours have the same result or picture was perfect ? Thanks

Best Regards

Richard !

Comment

You can try varying the number of pins blocked or try using better insulating tape like electrical tape.

Comment

You can try varying the number of pins blocked or try using better insulating tape like electrical tape.
        May I ask for clarification? Are you talking about covering pins on the t-con output ribbon that corresponds with the blank half of the picture display?
        Attached Files

Comment

Yes. you are blocking the pins of the tcon ribbon cable at the outer edge on the bad side.

Edit add: See this thread as well https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=71885
          Last edited by neilc6; 08-24-2019, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Yes. you are blocking the pins of the tcon ribbon cable at the outer edge on the bad side.

Edit add: See this thread as well https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=71885
            Thank you sir.Someone gave us one of these rather expensive TV's because it has all the symptoms mentioned above.They thought maybe I could save it with hard headed tinkering and research.Before I did some intense forum reading, I replaced the t-con with no improvement, finding the same symptoms, only two LEDS lit on the t-con with both output ribbons hooked up and no picture, half screen picture with one ribbon. I have the main board on the way but after reading this and other similar posts, it just seems to me a manufacturers defect .I don't hold out a lot of hope for the main board.However,I am seeing low input voltages from the current main board to the t-con.That being said, maybe between this work around and the main board, I will get lucky.

Comment

Replacement main board isnt going to fix this. You confirmed the main board is good when you connected half the panel and got a good picture. Only 2 out 3 leds lit on the tcon and good half screen confirms a panel fault.

Comment

Replacement main board isnt going to fix this. You confirmed the main board is good when you connected half the panel and got a good picture. Only 2 out 3 leds lit on the tcon and good half screen confirms a panel fault.
                You were correct sir.I had ordered the main board before finding this work around.The main board did not solve it.I am pleased to say however that the tape remedy worked.I may have more connectors than needed covered but I have a good picture, so leaving it alone.

Comment

I guess my case is more difficult.
                  The 3rd AVDD LED blinks when either side is connected. And it's On when both sides are disconnected.
                  Probing AVDD to ground on panel boards in diode mode shows 1.1-1.3V on each side, everything disconnected.
                  Used LED tester to inject some current thinking that it will generate some heat in shorted component. Tried up to 10V/100mA, Eventually current drops to 20mA, does the same thing on each side, but it doesn't really solve anything, it then goes back to the original state. No signs of heat anywhere, feels like the panel is shorted,

Comment

Saved another one with electric tape on most outer contacts on the t-con to panel flex on the bad 1/2 of the panel.

- Covered line 1-2, 1-3, 1-4 resulted in horizontal line ~ 2/3 cross on top along with few lines of flickering brightness depending on content.
                    - Covered pin 2-6 (I think 5 pins total) make it work perfect. Skipped 1 as it seems to be not connected on t-con on the top side anyways.
                    - Adding electrical tape makes it hard to push and seat flex cable completely and can slide the tape back exposing the contacts if not careful. Mine was just tiny bit outwards but secured fine with connector closed.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by howardc64; 05-01-2022, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X