• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

samsung, ln55b650t1f, gamma ic? burnt!

55 inch. biggest I've owned.
    T-con board has FRC_TCON_CMO_80PIN
    and a barcode sticker, M$35-D032351-L$UP390520052R

need help to identify ic so i can order some.
    also any suggestions on flux pens, solder paste, and a hot air station will be welcomed. i will be practicing on junk boards first but wanna order the parts with the caps i need for others.
    thank you all!
    Attached Files

Re: samsung, ln55b650t1f, gamma ic? burnt!

got manual from electro. tons of info but still not finding it.
    from the board appears to be C_U7. there is other C_U#'s on the board but none on the manual.

this is above my head but if i dont keep trying i wont learn.
    Attached Files

Comment

think i found it. 178h68a. takes forever to get. and if i do get one soldered in is it just going to blow again. or do i need to check and replace other parts?

Comment

update. bought a china rework station, pen flux, and solder paste. got five chips in from hong kong. practiced removing a few chips, clean up, and soldering them. soldering in wash a bit scetchy, but felt i was ready to just take out the samsung chip. turns out the ones that i got off easily were in fact easy ones. the samsung chip had a gob of solder under neath it. not knowing this. i over heated the pads before i got it to come off. pulling five pads. they say an education is expensive, so i still feel having the tool and flux and solder worth it. the 20 in chips o well. a positive note i did sweat my own pipes on my new water heater yesterday. time to order a working board.

Comment

Working...
        X