Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp Aquos LC-70LE732U bad panel issue

Hey everyone.

I'm extremely new to TV repair but have worked in computer repair for quite some time. I recently acquired a 70" Sharp Aquos LC-70LE732U screen that was said to have a bad front panel. I brought the screen home and am able to get the screen to power on by holding the power button when plugging it in. This works for about 1-2 minutes before the screen turns off and shows the bad panel error (1 long blink, 1 short blink).

If I hold the Channel down and Volume up buttons on the side, I get the screen to come on for around 1-2 minutes again. But this time, only the LED back-light goes out and you can continue to see the image on the screen if you hold a flashlight to it. The image will stay until I power the TV off, but the back-light never returns unless I hold the buttons again. I've called around to multiple shops and everyone just tells me to throw the TV out. Any help or guidance you can give would be much appreciated!!! I'd feel terrible tossing this screen if a fix is out there.

Thanks,
    Richard

Re: Sharp Aquos LC-70LE732U bad panel issue

The panel is bad !!!!
    We frequently disassemble the panel and T/S to the defective LED. The first panel you do is like brain surgery ,after you do a few it gets easy

Comment

I've read in various places here that it could be related to the power supply board, but I've also heard that replacing it doesn't fix it. I've also read that it could be bad inverters (?) on the power supply board that give power to the LED array. Something about testing and replacing some mosfets (?) on that power supply board. Again, other than using a multimeter to test a small battery voltage is the height of my knowledge when it comes to this type of stuff. Should I pull the power supply board out and take it to an electrician to test?

Comment

Its the panel and most Sharp authorized service centers that have experience fixing the panel can do the job for much less than that TV cost. You should not attempt it unless you are willing to destroy the panel and just part out the boards. I never attempt this fix without telling the owner that its a 50% chance the patient will die.
        Believe me its the panel and you shouldn't attempt to disassemble without prior experience. Why do you supposed you got it for free and why is the code telling you its the panel. Because it is the panel!

Comment

I'll attempt to find a Sharp Service center near me and call to ask. Most repair shops have turned me away so far. Hopefully the Authorized centers won't. Is it something that is fixable in a way other than a full panel replacement? If the screen dies completely, I'm fine with that. Even by my own hand. Again, the LCD panel looks to be in great shape, only the LED back-light panel appears to be having the issue. Is that usually just a bad or a few bad LED's in the string?

Comment

Its behind the panel, The LED array has two long horizontal and two smaller vertical boards that are edge mounted. That's all I can do for you is again tell you it takes a bit of skill to disassemble and remove and replace the defective LED array. Good Luck....

Comment

This screen has a full array.

Comment

You are correct it has a matte screen . We have never had that type fail. I will update this thread when our techs get to operate on this model. For now under warranty Sharp replaces the TV or Panel

Comment

This set has 4 Different types of LED arrays. There are Qty 7 of each array in the set. Alternating on the left side is RUNTK4867TPZZ & RUNTKA4868TPZZ. Alternating on the right side of the set is RUNTKA4869TPZZ & RUNTKA4870TPZZ

Good luck.

Comment

Hi i have the same tv 70le732u and get the bad panel code but all leds are nice and bright with no difference in color or otherwise with volume - and input it lasts abbout 2 seconds
                    from dimm to bright and stops ??? any help would be appreciated thanks.

Comment

I have a LC70-LE632u that has a screen problem too. It plays a picture or every input that it just fine. The problem is there are vertical columns of light and dark areas and 4 inches from the left hand side of the screen there are 3 or 4 columns of dots, red, green, and blue and from the right hand side of the screen to the exact middle there is some horizontal rows that flutter almost exactly to the middle of the screen horizontally. There is no blinking error code. To me it seems that it has something to do with the display, the channel select and everything else seems to be working fine. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X