Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung LN40A530P

Originally posted by Netcatpr View Post
    I'm really shocked that we both have the same problem and same tcon board(v400H1-C03). I also buy a replacement on the internet with exactly the same results (the tv improve the image but not totally).I did the test and these are the results
    I got the bad new board from seller yutu365 on ebay. But I'm seriously considering using shopjimmy.com. The price is a lot higher but the part should be more reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by SlickClick View Post
      Interesting I had a smasung 32 inch that had this issue and it turned out to be a mainboard and the t-con... but i still have the old t-con... i am curious to know the specs and variances in voltage range as it begins to fail... because the t-con i have works great for about an hour and then begins to slide off into hippytrippy land...

on a side note what i began to do now is throw out the metal shield -it retains heat- add a small heatsink to the t-con processor and add a 12v fan to the case... I also add heat sinks to the HDMI processor chips on the mobo and main cpu(s)
      Could a bad mainboard cause the gamma voltage curve which netcat and I are seeing?

With the metal shield on, I can feel the heat when I touch it after turning the tv off. The heat sink idea is slick, I'll do it once I get the tcon replaced properly.

Comment

Main board cannot cause this fault, gamma chip reference is on t-con only.
        The gamma chips only last about 10~20,000 hours, which is too short.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

After replacing with a board from another Ebay vendor, the TV works perfectly now. Thanks to you. The picture is so clear that I did not even take the voltage readings!

Comment

Nice to hear it's sorted in the end, wish sellers would test their boards more.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
            X