Toshiba 55TL515U vertical smudge bars (sometimes) pics included

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba 55TL515U vertical smudge bars (sometimes) pics included

When the screen has darker video playing or even a darker menu screen up, there are no vertical bars. When there is bright white (text for example) in the area of the two bars, the bars show up.
    I've had the back off and the T-con ribbons are on the bottom, so liquid damage possible. It's going to be a PITA to get a close look at the ribbons but am preparing to go there.
    Any opinions before I get in that deep on bad-T-con or bad-panel?
    Attached Files

Re: Toshiba 55TL515U vertical smudge bars (sometimes) pics included

Follow-up
    I took the front off and got to the panel ribbons. They look good. I stood it on its side, powered up, brought up the network page in the first image, tapped on the ribbons to see if any change, and no change. I removed, cleaned both ends of the T-con ribbon for that half of the screen, and reinstalled, no change.
    Any opinions?

Comment

If you flip around the ribbons for the t-con, does the symptom change?

note: do NOT attempt to connect left t-con out to right side of panel. High chance you could fry panel instantly. Pin out is mirrored between the sides in most cases.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Follow-up 2
        I swapped the cables and no picture at all???
        Put them back and same issue.
        I got out the contact cleaner and a jeweler's loop and sure enough there was corrosion inside the PCB under the ribbon that fed those two sections.
        Enough to make a grown man cry!
        Beautiful set with so many great features destroyed by really poor engineering and a dumbass with a spray bottle. (Good engineering factors in dumbasses.)
        Scratch Toshiba from my future purchases list.
        Thanks for the reply/assist Tom.

Comment

Working...
        X