Weird display problem on Philips 50PFP5332d/37

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird display problem on Philips 50PFP5332d/37

Got this free TV from a friend. It is a 50" inch plasma. When first turned on from cold, the picture is overly bright and grainy. After 10-15 minutes that stops and then most of the picture is normal. Main problem is redish/brown pixels on the left side of the screen that never go away. As the scene changes so does the pixels, but slowly. In the top and bottom corners on the left is solid brown/black areas. They dont move. I have included some photos. If put on a pause or menu display, the red will slowly improve to a degree. Any thought on if it is fixable?

Attached Files

Re: Weird display problem on Philips 50PFP5332d/37

No one is going to bother to respond? I thought I had found a good forum!

Comment

Wow really? Dont tell me your all stumpped. Why you ignoring me?

Comment

Your images are taking up the entire page - any chance you can re-do them as attachments only? (remove them from the post content.) I have fast 70Mbit internet, and yet it took about a minute for my browser to load them.

Regarding the fault, it looks like the reset ramp on Y-main is poorly set.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
        X