Samsung UA55NU7100 2 blinks then reboots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UA55NU7100 2 blinks then reboots

Hi please some assistance with my Samsung UA55NU7100 that is stuck in reboot.
    I've read the post by Itelite on a Samsung UA65NU6900 with the same problem but this main board is different and doesn't have the 25v VGH voltage which was the problem that he had.

There is no legend indicating voltages on the socket/ cable going to the main board just a link marked 11.80 volts. This voltage reads 12.71v. Pins 3 to 9 also 12.71v. Pins 2,6,8,10,11 & 12 all 0.0v. Pin 1 fluctuates 3.01 to 0.0 volts and pin 4 fluctuates 3.25 to 0.0 volts.

The cpu gets very hot after 10 minutes but doesn't het so hot if you unplug the ribbon cables to the panel.

on a previous post with a same/ similar model (NU) Ioutas had responded saying thd NU's had panel problems.

please some assistance
    (ps I've tried to upload photos but can't see any when I review the post?)
    Last edited by Grunder; 01-26-2024, 08:04 AM.

Hi, after reading various posts on the NU series of the Samsung I see its not a good design, the edgelit arrangement overheats and destroys the refractor and back reflector, that coupled with the 2 blinks and reboot problem has made me decide to return this TV as NWR not worth repair. It will cost half the price of the TV to replace the Main board, about a quarter of the price to replace the Backlight which with the TV at 6 years old will most probably fail shortly. Thanks, Mike

Comment

Just to add on, it's not only the NU series, I've repaired about 4 samsung TV's replacing the edgelit backlight. Not a good arrangement you always have to file and sandpaper the distorted refractor which has melted due to the heat given off by the leds. One repair returned after two months with panel failure which I put down to the heat generated by the failing/ overheating leds

Comment

Working...
      X