PLASMA LG 32PG6000 - No picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLASMA LG 32PG6000 - No picture

I haven't seen this with my own eyes yet (parent's TV) but these are the details I have.

This is a 5 year old LG 32pg6000 Plasma TV.

TV was on and top right corner of the image started to round off (i.e. no longer a square corner), bottom left did the same, and over the course of an hour the picture shrank until it was a 'half-moon' on one side with some areas of changing colours.

When the TV was turned off and back on, there is no picture. Sound is OK.

I'd like to know if I'm likely to be able to fix this by replacing boards, or if the display itself is broken.

I'll have a picture to add soon.

Many thanks

Re: PLASMA LG 32PG6000 - No picture

To be honest to really help you need the TV there with you and some basic diagnostics equipment and tools.

If its common to a certain plasma fault I am sure will chime in soon

Comment

Update:

Picture below:

Attached Files

Comment

I would say most likely panel gas leakage - not repairable. Can happen to some plasmas, especially after an impact or bump. Can also happen spontaneously, but much rarer. Most likely set will make a buzzing sound with no picture now.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

OK, thanks Tom.

That's a shame, I found other pics on-line suggesting the same. Might stash it away in the garage in the hope of finding another with a different fault and using as parts donor, although that might be unlikely given this model is very rare.

Was an excellent TV, disappointed they only got 5 years out of it.

Comment

Working...
          X