Clear All

Re: Samsung LNT5271FX/XAA : Weird Solarized Screen Colors

With the tv off enter mute 1 8 2 power.
    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Similar model. See here. Not my video.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-aXKCTiU6I
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I agree with freakaftr8 gamma ic . Look like ic 18 is on the board

If after you change main board tv has solarized picture you can adjust in setup service.
        Last edited by hienton2; 11-20-2013, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the advice. I think I will order a T-Con and cross my fingers. Is the part number I am looking for, S2097J7I05T2, from the white sticker on my board correct?

Comment

Look for this # 40/46/52HHC6LV3.3

Comment

Originally posted by hienton2 View Post
              Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by hienton2 View Post
                Is it ok to get one that says it was pulled from a Mitsubishi TV even though mine is a Samsung? It is part# 40/46/52HHC6LV3.3. Will it need to be reprogrammed?

Comment

It will be fine. The Mits TV will have used a Samsung panel, and that's all that matters.
                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                    It will be fine. The Mits TV will have used a Samsung panel, and that's all that matters.
                    Thanks tom66!

Comment

Before you order did you try the repair in
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-aXKCTiU6I
                      ?

Comment

No, I didn't try that but I assumed it pertained to after having changed a main board. I haven't done anything to my TV except I previously replaced the capacitors that caused the clicking on/off.

Comment

Just an update...I ordered a replacement T-con and got a chance to install it this afternoon . It works! Everything is looking back to normal. I've had the set running for a few hours now to see if it will stay that way I want to thank everyone that helped diagnosis my problem and get me towards a solution. I hope my thread can help someone else in the future.

Comment

Hello to all,
                            I seem to have the exact same problem with my 37" Samsung LCD TV. Model No. LA37A550P1R.
                            I called the Samsung Service center and their guy merely checked a few voltages on the main board, and so much as peeked at the TCon board before concluding that I'd have to get the entire LCD panel replaced!
                            According to him, they don't replace(nor test, it seems) just the Tcon board but instead only offer to change the whole damn panel(along with the Tcon board) for Rs 20,000($340 approx), which is nearly half the price of the set!
                            So it seems I'll have to look into it myself. I think I could open the thing up and have a look tomorrow. Could you guys help me diagnose the problem if I posted pictures? How can I confirm that its the Tcon board and not the panel or the connectors?

thank you in advance.

Comment

Can you create your own thread and include a picture of the fault?

Comment

Working...
                              X