Sceptre X322BV-HD*WXC100 no picture and no sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sceptre X322BV-HD*WXC100 no picture and no sound

i have a sceprete tv with the tp rsc8 p71 board ant have the same issue..i changed the 2 main capcitors and still the same result...red led turns blue when press power button...no picture no sound...i heated the ic chip with a heat gun and nothing changed...anyone that can lead to a nother direction on this???
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by desertrat View Post
      i apologize for not getting back to this sooner. I got sidetracked by my wife's car, needing a head gasket and timing belt. Needless to say the tv got put on the back burner, but i would read, and check things in the evenings when it was too cold or dark to work on the car. Here's what i found:

I checked all the voltages on the ps and it had the voltages it was supposed to have. Either 24 volts, 12 or 5, and the big cap read 384 volts (within the range it should be, perhaps a little high, but still within specs).

I opened it up completely examining the ccfl's and making sure there were no burned out bulbs. I couldn't find anything wrong, that is, until i went back to the main board. I discovered i had no voltage to the t-con board at the main board connector. I also found that i had miniscule voltage (0.05v) on the blo or (bl_on) connection on the main board. I tried everything i could think of or that may have been suggested, and no joy. Still no voltages enough to make things work. I even tried a couple jumper wires temporarily to see if that would work. Still no joy.

I ordered a new main board "t.rsc8.10b 12305" and hooked it up, the problem still existed. No voltages on the blo pin, and the t_con connection on the board. It's a good thing this was on the back burner and gave me time to think about it. In the op i list two different boards, the one for this tv and the one for a working tv of the same model, just a different design inside. But it got me to thinking about the two and i decided to take a chance and order another main board, but this time the "trsc8.10a 11153" to see if it would work. I thought if all else fails, i've got a second main board for the second tv listed.

I got the new main board today (the trsc8.10a 11153) so i checked all the pins to make sure everything matched where voltages and grounds were concerned. They are identical in the pinouts, yes, they've moved them around a bit on the board, but they are a match. So i hooked up the new board to the tv leaving the two wire inverter connector off and unplugged from the t_con board so i could check for voltages on the main board. There was voltage on the blo pin 3.3v and 12 volts on the 3 red wires on the t_con connection. Wooohooo! So i hit the power button to turn it off to finish hooking it up, (and another wooohooo it turned off)! I connected those two connections and stood it up on edge and turned it back on, anticipation, anticipation, anticipation, and there it was the sceptre logo across the screen.

If you are experiencing this same problem check your voltages on the blo and the t_con connections on the board. The blo should be 3.3v, and the three red wires on the end of the connection should be 12 volts, or 11.?? Up near 12 volts. Without the 12 volts on the t_con connection, there are no voltages on the other connections that have lower voltages as well. I've added a couple of pix to show where the connections are that i'm talking about.

If your voltages are more like mine, then i'd recommend replacing the main board with the trsc8.10a 11153 not the 10b 12305. I'm sitting here watching a beautiful picture on this once dead tv. It is quite possible i got a bad or dead 10b 12305 board on ebay. But i also got the 10a 11153 on ebay, and it works like a charm. I'm just posting this to help others with the same problem, to save them some time and money.

Solved
      крт замикания

Comment

Read several post on this thread, I had the same problem with this t.v. and from the posts I've read the mainboard seems to be the problem especially with U16, anyway since the t.v. already wasn't working I just went ahead and resoldered all 8 pins on the chip (U16) and reconnected everything back up and the t.v. now plays, so the chip either got heated up from the soldering or a pin or pins were loose, either case the set works that all that counts. It only took about 30 seconds to resolder the chip back to the board and maybe 10 minutes to open the set remove the main board and reinstall the main board and close the set back up. Thanks badcaps for the tip on the U16 chip.

Comment

chiram .... just wondering what method you used to lift the u16? heat gun? or iron with solder to loosen both sides?

Comment

I just want to chime in that I did the same thing DesertRat did with the TRSC8.10A 11153 board, and I'm currently back in business. We'll see for how long!

Comment

Working...
            X