Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 14 blinks TC-P50ST30

Originally posted by nwflight View Post
    Sc board on its way from shop jimmy. 80$ approx includes 30$shipping.
    Too late now, but did you open all those links?, SJ has a price match policy for identical item and wty in which case Rivervalley would fit those terms.

Beat by 10%,maybe ring them back and you may get a price adjustment but you're obviously happy with your choice.

There should be a buffer board test in the training manual.

Also if you're keen, with the short transistors, are they marked 30F131?

Read this post.

http://www.austech.info/electronics/...u30a-help.html
    Last edited by tw2005; 08-07-2013, 02:46 PM.

Comment

TNPA5336AB, TNPA5337AB are the buffers

Comment

Same post as before, http://www.austech.info/electronics/...u30a-help.html

It's 2 guys with similar issues, one got his old board going with 3 new 30F131 IGBTs, the other looks like buffer boards

First one removed 3 dead ones and the one left fired the TV up! Risky move but a stroke of luck I say.

Is there a section in that training manual for buffers tests? Slide 71

Or in that post I give some pins to measure for the second guy, measure those resistances and post up readings.
        Last edited by tw2005; 08-07-2013, 03:02 PM.

Comment

6- 30f131. 3 test to ground 3 look ok.
          also have RFN20 and RFN10 And RF1501
          this is the number on the top legs toward you , there is another number under that number. Is this the number to use when trying to locate another transistor or ic?ounce you gave me the number then I could see it. Have not had luck sourcing these transistors yet. Had to go nap.

Going out to get a magnifying glass for these 61 year old eyes. Ordered soldering iron from Amazon. Thank you for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
            Same post as before, http://www.austech.info/electronics/...u30a-help.html

It's 2 guys with similar issues, one got his old board going with 3 new 30F131 IGBTs, the other looks like buffer boards

First one removed 3 dead ones and the one left fired the TV up! Risky move but a stroke of luck I say.

Is there a section in that training manual for buffers tests? Slide 71

Or in that post I give some pins to measure for the second guy, measure those resistances and post up readings.
            Could not read short circuit as per slide 71.

Comment

unsolder-ed and bent up the legs of Q401 and Q402 and short is gone from Sc2 pin 1-3. Looks like it is both of them , put the first one back and problem returned.
              Is the entire backside of the 30f131 soldered to the board.? IF so How does one get enough heat to get that fet off.? Time for a break.

Comment

unsolder-ed and bent up the legs of Q401 and Q402 and short is gone from Sc2 pin 1-3. Looks like it is both of them , put the first one back and problem returned.
                Is the entire backside of the 30f131 soldered to the board.? IF so How does one get enough heat to get that fet off.? Time for a break.
                I used a 40W iron and good sized tip. Reflow some standard leaded solder first onto the metal tab backing. then heat up , you'll see it starting to heat and buble around the edges but since you've already lifted the other 2 legs that'll make it easy, so a pair of tweezers to grab it and heat until it comes free, don't use force it'll just slide when it's ready.

Plenty of hits in EBAY for 30F131, I've used UTSOURCE in china but very slow delivery with std post.

Could try direct from panasonic but more expensive or maybe a sub but I'd have to have a look and see what it's specs are.

Comment

Have you heard of this company?

http://richtechparts.com/i-4968-30F131.html

$2.49 USD
                  Item #:30F131 SMD
                  Item Name:30F131 SMD TRANSISTOR
                  Transistor SMD

Rich-Tech Electronics Components Ltd.
                  140-3757 Jacombs Road,
                  Richmond, B.C. Canada, V6V 2R3
                  Tel: 604-805-8392 or 604-272-4198 Fax: 604-272-4568
                  Email: sales@richtechparts.com

Comment

6- 30f131. 3 test to ground 3 look ok.
                    also have RFN20 and RFN10 And RF1501
                    this is the number on the top legs toward you , there is another number under that number. Is this the number to use when trying to locate another transistor or ic?ounce you gave me the number then I could see it. Have not had luck sourcing these transistors yet. Had to go nap.

Going out to get a magnifying glass for these 61 year old eyes. Ordered soldering iron from Amazon. Thank you for the help.
                    ROHM RF,RFN are fast recovery high speed switching diodes. The numbers underneath are also part of the part number.

I find it hard to locate those exactly but you have

RFN20NS3W = 350V (Vr)20A single diode
                    RF1501NS3S = 350(Vrm)300v (Vr) 20A single
                    RFN10NS3S = 350V (Vr) 10A single

DG302 = DG3C302 Panasonic IGBT, VCES 330(V), IC 45 (A) , ICP(A) 250A, VCE(sat) 1.3v, tf 240 ns

R5007ANJ N MOSFET

Q661,600 I can't make out with the photo I have
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by tw2005; 08-08-2013, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Remarkable to wake up to this information, thank you.
                      I have fets coming from eBay from In British Columbia but do not know where.
                      8$ each but included shipping express.
                      I will leave the old ones on until parts arrive.

on my board: Q600 = C08N25
                      N
                      Q661 = RJP63G4
                      O M2P

Comment

Well shame already puchased at that price, nevermind. RJP63G4 will be the SMD equivalent from RENESAS. 630V 40A N channel IGBT to the RJP63F3A TO220FN which I have on my boards.

C08N25 will be ROHM , RCD08N25 250V 8A N type MOSFET

So originally you said 3 shorted, was that Q401,402,403?

If you wait until the new board arrives, you could use that as a template to resistance check other areas of your faulty board, may help to repair it just in case other SMD components are also failed.
                        Otherwise when that short is removed the shutdown cct won't trigger straight away and apply power and blow a lot more which will make it very difficult to figure out .
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by tw2005; 08-08-2013, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Q402 and Q403 removed the short from vsus pins. There was nothing at Q401 position. I can read to ground on the other transistors some on both legs so I agree your suggestion to test with new board unless I can educate myself on what I should be getting from these other devices.
                          I removed the Q402 and Q403 without further damage but nervous about putting the new ones back on . Wondering why not one at Q401.
                          I see none at Q401 on the picture posted back a bit so I will put it out of my mind.
                          Last edited by nwflight; 08-08-2013, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Q402 and Q403 removed the short from vsus pins. There was nothing at Q401 position. I can read to ground on the other transistors some on both legs so I agree your suggestion to test with new board unless I can educate myself on what I should be getting from these other devices.
                            I removed the Q402 and Q403 without further damage but nervous about putting the new ones back on . Wondering why not one at Q401.
                            I see none at Q401 on the picture posted back a bit so I will put it out of my mind.
                            Sorry, I opened up the wrong schematic, don't have exact one for the ST30, picture clearly shows No Q401. Trying work out the third transistor shorted when you said 6 30F131, 3 good, 3 short to gnd.

Just trying to get a picture of where in the cct they've shorted.

Comment

I think when I removed the second one the ground on the other one in question went away. I then put back the legs of the first one but it was still grounded.
                              So these two for sure ground the VSUS pins when in the circuit and test shorted out of the circuit.
                              What bothers me is that with my black lead on ground on the board and multimeter on ohms some of the other legs on the FET looking devices read no resistance to ground. I could see one leg but on a couple it is both legs even though the VSUS pins are ok. Unless it is just the circuit design and it will read that way. Sorry for rambling.

Comment

Board is in Chicago IL. On the way.

Is there a recommended power conditioning unit or UPS that one should use to protect one's TV investment.? I am thinking isolation xfer.

Comment

I would think any UPS should help and or a surge board. I had my TV on an UPS when we literally had a lightning strike very close to the house.

Don't know if the UPS helped but I never had the antenna connection protected.

Antenna was connected to TV via the PVR.

It took out the HDMI port on the PVR which also took out the HDMI on the TV main board. Luckily just the port connected blew, the others and Tv survived thank god.

Lost about 3 lights, a fan, TV antenna and booster, and the Earth Leakage protection ELCBs no longer worked either.

scared the hell out of us.

Comment

When my tv went off I was watching it and could hear the static from strikes on an aviation radi0 that I have on most of the time. The storms were 30 miles away and have had closer storms without any trouble. If I get this one going or get another I have to put some kind of protection on. Is putting protection on very common on this forum?
                                    Been in two stores today in Smithers BC. Most tv units are LED , almost all.
                                    Small town however, wondering if this is the trend? They look sharp and bright compared to my plasma that I miss so bad.Kids are still making payments on it.
                                    Hope you don't have any dogs with a lightning strike that close , mine goes nuts. Guy was just hit in Prince George BC watching a baseball game.

Comment

No idea, but when I moved to my current location this year I knew I'd have to look into it.

Basically we have 2 seasons this far north in Australia. Wet & dry, pretty warm year round.

In the wet which would be your winter, storms and lightening are a regular event. It's a real lightning show.

We're on higher ground and volcanic with high iron content, makes for heaps of strikes.

Comment

What is the neon light on the P board bottom left indicate?
                                        Just staring at the back while I wait for parts wondering how a spike could get through the P board to the SC to do damage.

Comment

That is a surge suppressor, it will try to shunt away the high voltage.
                                          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
                                          X