Toshiba LED tv 46SL417U What does 3 blinking green lites mean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba LED tv 46SL417U What does 3 blinking green lites mean

What does blinking lites mean Toshiba LED tv 46SL417U,no picture , no audio, 3 blinking lites pause then same thing again. power supply looks ok, no visible problems,any ideas,Fuses are ok, caps ck ok.I would like to find what component is bad, rather then changing out all the boards, not cost effective
    Sorry about posting wrong model number in another post, give me another chanceThanks
    Mark

75022759 Power Supply Board
    Brand: TOSHIBA
    Part number 1: PA-3201-01TS-LF
    Part number 2: V71A00021700
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mark090; 05-18-2013, 09:07 AM.

Re: Toshiba LED tv 46SL417U What does 3 blinking green lites mean

did you see this regarding the seine board? not sure how to test maybe a more experienced member will chime in
    http://www.justanswer.com/tv-repair/...rida-part.html

Comment

Yes I have seen this tread, hoping someone would know what part might been bad on that board or what voltages to look for. I have check all the caps and they are ok,checked diodes ok on power supply. Would like to isolate. Thanks

Comment

voltage regulators on main board?
        good pic of your main board here so we can see all parts etc
        http://www.shopjimmy.com/toshiba-750...main-board.htm
        Last edited by vinceroger69; 05-18-2013, 09:45 AM.

Comment

I will ck that board, power off with ohm meter to look for an obvious open or short

Comment

i have just looked on toms site cant see a manual listed pitty we cant find what the 3 blink code means.

Comment

Intimidating board, I have read in another post maybe flashing the card, ram gets corrupted but no sure it was for this unit. Enjoy troubleshooting so not a burden, rather fix it rather than just changing boards. But this board is complicated and I might be fooling myself to repair but would like to isolate to this board only and then purchase it. Don't won't to end up purchasing alot of boards. Thanks for working with me

Comment

I did find this, but might need to see screen

Toshiba 46SL417U LED TV Firmware Update 1.1.5
                Date Added: Jun 2011, OS: Mac OS/Windows
                File Size: 57.53 MB, Publisher:Toshiba
                Publisher's description of Toshiba 46SL417U LED TV Firmware Update 1.1.5
                Release Notes:
                * Corrects random audio level fluctuation as related to the dynamic volume and the dynamic range control.
                * Provides overall picture quality improvements.
                * Improves network stability with content service provider applications

Driver download link
                http://www.userdrivers.com/BIOS/Tosh...-1-5/download/
                Attached Files
                Last edited by mark090; 05-18-2013, 12:44 PM.

Comment

i have never worked on a led and only a few lcds maybe budm may have some ideas on how to isolate/test voltages on this problem a manual would help but i cant see one online?

Comment

I tried flashing the firmwave with a thumbdrive, no luck
                    42SL417U
                    46SL417U
                    55SL417U
                    These units seem to have the same boards, google them all, no luck, getting the proper voltage 12,24 and 5 v from the power supply.Sounds like the processor on the main board controls everything. Sound like a common problem but no cures out there on the web,other than replacing the whole board, I wonder what's taking these boards out of service.
                    Last edited by mark090; 05-18-2013, 05:18 PM.

Comment

I talked to a tech he suggested removing the 24v feeding the main/seine board and seeing if the blinkling lights sequence changes.

Comment

removing the 24v made no different, removing the 5v the tv would not come on, any one have any suggestions

Comment

Toshiba 75022781 Main Board-seine is the part number
                          Brand: Toshiba
                          Product Code: PE0953A
                          SKU Code: OBC4175
                          Last edited by mark090; 05-24-2013, 02:48 PM.

Comment

I found a main/seine board on line and hopefully it will work. Then I can compare values

Comment

Did the new board fix your TV?????

Comment

I finally found this board on ebay about a month. Difficult to find. It is working ok now. I have a UPS on it as I read that the EPROM can get corrupted if the power blips. Have not compare values yet but I'm looking to see if I could reload the software but afraid of damaging my new replaced board. No one seems to be able to get this board. Only if you are lucky to find one on off a cracked tv.

Comment

Hmm, i have the same tv ,and it had the 3 blinking lights, now i don't have the blinking lights anymore and i here 1 click like it turns on and that's all!

No audio or video , i try the firmware and still nothing!
                                  I also purchased a video board from ebay and still no go ! Hmm Now i am not sure
                                  if the board from ebay maybe bad/defective also! Confused.

Any ideas?

Thanks
                                  Usefull Tv Parts Store : www.alltvparts.com

Comment

I have this same model of TV and the power supply board just clicks on and off when you plug in the TV. I assume it is a main board issue because it only starts when I have the main board plugged in any ideas. I can't seem to find a replacement board for under$200.

Comment

Firstly In would like to introduce myself seeing this is my first post. I am experiencing a problem with my 55tl515u which uses the same power supply. It does not power on. I have 5 volt standby on the ps, I need to know if 5 volt ac detect is also supposed to be present with the ps disconnected from the main board. Any info will be appreciated.
                                      Thanks

Comment

Can anyone tell me if the ac detect voltage is always present when the power supply is not connected to the mainboard.
                                        Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                        X