• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This guy has an RCA 42PA30RQ

same test and it didn't even budge..flat line with humming sound
    Attached Files

Comment

So both Y-main and X-main would appear defective. Can you repeat testing on Y-main with X-main unplugged?
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

the replacement y-main i purchased had a diode that the original y-main did not have but the board part number and rev all matched

Comment

with X-Main disconnected
          Attached Files

Comment

So... more or less the same. I would try replacing Y-main first. The one you got appears defective.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Great $40 down the drain!!!

Comment

There's a light bulb on the PSU near the AC input,,,Do you know what that bulb is meant to be?

Comment

It is actually a surge arrestor and shouldn't normally light.

One thing I did not immediately consider was the possibility of the control board being bad.

Can I see a picture of the control board on your TV? I think it's under the main board on this mode.

Comment

OK..coming right up

Comment

k
                      Attached Files

Comment

OK, can you check along this connector on each of the points I mark.
                        Set scope to 100us/div and centre horizontal (press the "HORIZONTAL POS" knob.)

If you see no waveform (more or less straight line), note that.
                        If you see a waveform, please take a picture or screen capture.
                        Attached Files

Comment

ok I copy

Comment

Oh and 2V/div with 1X probe is best scale.

Comment

NO waveform ....and how did you do the drawing on the photo?

Comment

oh cancel let me set the @V/Div and change probe X

Comment

Originally posted by Bling23 View Post
                                  NO waveform ....and how did you do the drawing on the photo?
                                  I used GIMP image editor, it's free software and works great.

Comment

Ok Tom..looks like I only get waveform when I power up and then it goes flat

Comment

I suspect the control board.
                                      Have you tried this test?

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...61&postcount=2

Comment

no i haven't but i think your right

Comment

let me do that test

Comment

Working...
                                          X