This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A guide to fixing/troubleshooting some common plasma TV problems

hy everyone my name is muniru from ghana and an electronics tech,am here to learn more and share what i have learnt in electronics for 17 years in the field and still counting, i hope am welcome

Comment

My plasma tv is having issues. So first of all, it powers on, the little red light next to the power luminates. The issue is no picture, meaning the screen will flicker and the back light luminates, that's it. I can not select inputs, change settings ect. Another thing to note is the tv will not remain powered off longer than about 3 seconds. Does this sound familiar to you?

My armature diagnosis is power supply issues
      Thank you,
      -Jacob

Comment

Make? Model #?
        Please start a new thread.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

LG Plasma 60PC1D

When powering up, large pink horizontal 'line' (occupies top 2/3's of screen) flashes on & off (about 1 second intervals).

No other picture or sound, and no control buttons (Menu, Input) have any effect.

Can you advise if this is likely to be merely a 'board' (control/sustain) issue, or beyond economic repair?

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by amlez View Post
            LG Plasma 60PC1D

When powering up, large pink horizontal 'line' (occupies top 2/3's of screen) flashes on & off (about 1 second intervals).

No other picture or sound, and no control buttons (Menu, Input) have any effect.

Can you advise if this is likely to be merely a 'board' (control/sustain) issue, or beyond economic repair?

Cheers!
            Y-SUS ER IPM + Y-buffer
            This would be economical but expensive (around $250 US.)
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Samsung PN51F5300 51" 1080p 600Hz Class Plasma HDTV

Since I first got my TV a little over a month ago when I power on the TV after it's been off for 8 hours or more the pixels can take up to 5 seconds to completely populate before the image is viewable in its entirety. This includes the Samsung logo at start-up. Some of the pixels are missing from it and then after 5 seconds everything is normal. If I turn off the set right away and turn it back on, no pixels are missing and it runs just fine. The issue only occurs after the TV has been off for some time. I'm wondering if this is going to turn into a bigger issue down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Pingers View Post
                Samsung PN51F5300 51" 1080p 600Hz Class Plasma HDTV

Since I first got my TV a little over a month ago when I power on the TV after it's been off for 8 hours or more the pixels can take up to 5 seconds to completely populate before the image is viewable in its entirety. This includes the Samsung logo at start-up. Some of the pixels are missing from it and then after 5 seconds everything is normal. If I turn off the set right away and turn it back on, no pixels are missing and it runs just fine. The issue only occurs after the TV has been off for some time. I'm wondering if this is going to turn into a bigger issue down the line.
                Return it. Likely already has an X-main fault. I would avoid Samsung in future.

Comment

Hi.

I hope somebody can help me.

I have a PHILIPS 50PFP5532D Plasma TV.

It works fine for about 20 minutes then the picture breaks into pixelated colours with moving vertical lines sometimes...but if you have a dark image the picture is fine until you get a bright image....turn it off and on and it works for another 20 minutes then does the same again

ive attached some pictures of the TV

Thank you for your help

Kind regards

Mark
                  Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a Y-main fault, probably due to a problem with the -Vsc or Vsch voltage. You will need a multimeter to diagnose the fault.

Comment

Hi.

I hope somebody can help me.

I have a PHILIPS 50PFP5532D Plasma TV.

It works fine for about 20 minutes then the picture breaks into pixelated colours with moving vertical lines sometimes...but if you have a dark image the picture is fine until you get a bright image....turn it off and on and it works for another 20 minutes then does the same again

ive attached some pictures of the TV

Thank you for your help

Kind regards

Mark

Comment

Hi Tom

Thank you so much for your advice

I have a digital multimetre, so what do i need to check next?

Would I be better off buying another Y-Main board? Im ok with checking voltages and changing components though

I have downloaded the service manual for the TV

Once again i would like to thank you for your help.

Best wishes

Mark

Comment

Best to start a new thread. Supply pictures of the boards in it, and one of the voltage sticker on the metal plate (e.x. SAMSUNG Vs/Va...)

Comment

Thanks Tom. will do that tomorrow and get back to you and will supply new pictures....I know that the Y-Main board is the one connected to the two buffer boards (hope that is correct)

If the Y-Main board is faulty? would it be likely to be a bad cap or faulty mosfet transisters?

Thank you again Tom

Kind regards

Mark

Comment

That fault is most likely due to bad capacitor.

Comment

Cheers Tom,

Cant believe that a bad capacitor can cause that fault.

I hope that the two buffer boards connected to the Y-Main board are OK?

Will post new pictures of the boards and sticker tomorrow.

All the best Tom and thanks

Regards,

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by munirutech View Post
                                  hy everyone my name is muniru from ghana and an electronics tech,am here to learn more and share what i have learnt in electronics for 17 years in the field and still counting, i hope am welcome
                                  Maybe you could help me with my plasma , there's no sound or picture. The only thing that seems to work is the backlight.

Comment

Hey Tom, great threads, I have a toshiba 42" plasma 42hp16, I've done a little troubleshooting from your threads already, yet I don't know. I have sound, and my picture has a blanket if you will of black over the top of it, I have replace a fuse that was bad on the y- sustain right side top, of course did not fix it, so my question to you good sir is what do I check next?
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Z-sustain fault.

Comment

Can I replace it with a similar board or exact board replacement ?

Comment

Check fuse on it, usually you have to replace with same board.

Comment

Working...
                                          X