This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A guide to fixing/troubleshooting some common plasma TV problems

I have a 50 inch Panasonic Plasma TV (TC-P50GT25) that has thin horizontal lines going across the entire screen from top to bottom. It happens with all inputs and varies in intensity. Sometimes I can turn it on and watch for 30 minutes or so with no lines but they always reappear. The lines flicker a lot and sometimes they are different colors but most of the time they are black.

I would appreciate any help in diagnosing the issue so that I can try and replace the defective part. The TV is only 2 years old. Thanks.
    Attached Files

Comment

I would be considering a bad A board or bad SU/SD but more likely to be A as it affects both halves.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hi I have a Samsung 42 inch which has gone dim whilst watching and the colour is a bit faded please help

Comment

I have changed the x main but no difference. Please help Tom

Comment

Best to start a new thread for help.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hi hoping somebody can please help me
              I have a lg plasma 50pq6000 tv faulty lines vertical
              white and cover full screen.
              Had people telling me dry joints and control board total noob when comes to these things but good with fixing things
              still have sound and picture but picture is covered with white lines going down vertically.
              is it time to replace or is there a way to fix any help greatfully appreciated
              Attached Files

Comment

I would say 95% control board and 5% main board. You can see if the control board is bad by running a test on it. Start a new thread and I or others will try to help.

Comment

Cheers for speedy reply have posted new topic in relevant forum thank u

Comment

Thank you for all the great information you've been posting and helping so many people resolve issues with their televisions. I'm hoping you can do the same for me. I've searched this topic and found similar issues but nothing has been able to resolve it. I have a SAMSUNG PN50A450P1D that has a thick vertical line a little bit to the right from top to bottom. I've disconnected and reconnected the ribbon cable from the board on the bottom around the area I'm having the issue, with no joy on fixing it. Any other suggestions? Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by storm79 View Post
                      Thank you for all the great information you've been posting and helping so many people resolve issues with their televisions. I'm hoping you can do the same for me. I've searched this topic and found similar issues but nothing has been able to resolve it. I have a SAMSUNG PN50A450P1D that has a thick vertical line a little bit to the right from top to bottom. I've disconnected and reconnected the ribbon cable from the board on the bottom around the area I'm having the issue, with no joy on fixing it. Any other suggestions? Thank you.
                      It is probably a bad plasma panel, not economically repaired (needs a new screen.) Shockingly common on these TVs.

Comment

Looking for an opinion on my 2.5 year old LG Plasma TV (60PK550). Not sure how to best describe the picture issue so I've attached an image. Any ideas as to what component would be the culprit? Prior to this, we would periodically see a white vertical line (about an inch wide) on the right side of the screen.

Thanks,
                        G
                        Attached Files

Comment

I'm going to say main or control board. Please start a thread for further advice.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                            I would be considering a bad A board or bad SU/SD but more likely to be A as it affects both halves.
                            I got a new A board for $30 on eBay with a 30 day warranty and installed it into the TV. I had no lines for about 5 minutes and then they returned so it seems that it is not the A board. If it is both the SU/SD boards then that would seem unlikely that both of them went bad at the exact same time because it has always been the whole TV screen. Any other possibilities?

Comment

Did the original board show these lines after some time, or immediately?

If you leave the TV to cool down and then turn it on again, the lines come back?

If so, can you try heating up some parts and see if the problem returns quickly when a certain part is heated?

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                                Did the original board show these lines after some time, or immediately?

If you leave the TV to cool down and then turn it on again, the lines come back?

If so, can you try heating up some parts and see if the problem returns quickly when a certain part is heated?
                                Yeah, the original board did the same thing. I timed it twice and it runs without lines for 15 - 20 minutes before the lines start appearing again. If I leave the TV to cool down then the lines will go away but it takes a while to cool down enough for the lines to not appear right away.

How would I heat a part up? Blow a hot hair dryer on it?

Comment

Hairdryers work well.

Comment

New member of the forum...Tom, great work here, hoping you can help me. I have read through the entire thread and didn't see anything that quite matched the issue I am having.

I have a Pioneer 60" plasma (KRP600M) that for the last several months has had an issue pop up intermittently. Basically, I get vertical distortion in the top middle section of the screen. Always in the same place (if you divided the screen up into eight square segments, it would be the third from the left at the top). See the pics attached.

Like I said, it comes and goes. It can disappear for weeks at a time, or linger for weeks. It seems to be around more often than not these days though.

Any thoughts?
                                    Attached Files

Comment

I would suggest the connector to that part of the screen's driver boards is loose. I recommend you start a new thread.

Comment

I will document my connector tightening expedition in a new thread.

Comment

Tom, you are vary patient man, but I've got to ask a non tv question. Does your head want to explode after you tell people to "start a new thread" 20-25 times in the same thread

Comment

Working...
                                          X