Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung QN75Q60TAF Boot Loop fixed but no picture

Originally posted by lotas View Post
    This is the schematic that I posted the motherboard pinouts, not the panel strips.
    Panel bar 1pin - goes to the motherboard on 96 pin, and 96pin goes to 1 pin (mirror).
    Aaahhhh, Ok. 61/62 at panel end is 36/35 at MB end. So the signals are CLK and HOLD.

Im glad we got that confirmed!

Comment

I've been proving this for a long time!

Comment

Proving what exactly? what is the test and what is the solution?
        Last edited by nomoresonys; 04-17-2023, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Remove these protective diode assemblies and check again, it doesn’t help, put a clean Spi Flash, check with it, if that doesn’t help, then you will need to look for a dump on it under your panel.

Comment

Ok, well that makes 3 of us that have suggested remove both of them and try it, your move Nick, I Have also seen the tech get a good display by removing several of those resistors in the same area of the panel driver board. Can not recall if any were faulty or not, video was not in English.
            Last edited by nomoresonys; 04-17-2023, 02:27 PM.

Comment

I'm trying to do everything you all are saying. I did a whole bunch of checks of the diode packs like @diah asked for in post #113. I can also remove the packs, but just so i'm clear, it is possible to get a picture with the spi flash and diode packs removed?

Comment

These diodes are not needed here at all, they cause more problems and they can leak and plant signal lines, remove them, everything will work without them, you need to experiment with spi flash.

Comment

These diodes are not needed here at all, they cause more problems and they can leak and plant signal lines, remove them, everything will work without them, you need to experiment with spi flash.
                  The SPI Flash is currently removed. Do i need to re-install it for the panel to "potentially" work?

Comment

She's short circuited.

Comment

She's short circuited.
                      If the TV will work without SPI Flash, why buy a new one? What is the SPI Flash for?

Comment

Ok, so looks like your spi flash is junk, so you need a new one, spi flash might hold firmware, so probably no sense trying to get tv going til you get new spi flash, did anyone look up the datasheet, will probably tell you if you need to program it or not, then with fixed spi try tv, if still problem then by all means remove both those diode assemblies on panel driver board.

Comment

why you are hurry by judgments... troubleshooting need steps one by one..
                          my suggest don't remove any further parts and i did write this.

where are the result of my asking in POST #66 ???
                          where are the Value list of my asking post #113 ???

do you understand why i wrote this #POST ...???

Comment

Agreed step by step is best, he can't do 66, no programmer yet, and 113 he said will do in post 114 but must have forgot??
                            Last edited by nomoresonys; 04-18-2023, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Both you and Lotus said the spi flash looked suspicious, so well if it walks like a duck it's prolly a duck, there seemed to be some difference of opinion about if the programmer would handle the job of telling if the spi is ok or not. So there we are, you 2 pro techs with completely opposite thoughts on it, I know both of you are completely competent, so WHO is right???
                              Last edited by nomoresonys; 04-18-2023, 06:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                                why you are hurry by judgments... troubleshooting need steps one by one..
                                my suggest don't remove any further parts and i did write this.

where are the result of my asking in POST #66 ???
                                where are the Value list of my asking post #113 ???

do you understand why i wrote this #POST ...???
                                See photo for response to post #113. Don't have the programmer yet, but I can't find the SPI Flash that I removed.....my family might've played with and lost it. I ordered a new one.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                                  Ok, so looks like your spi flash is junk, so you need a new one, spi flash might hold firmware, so probably no sense trying to get tv going til you get new spi flash, did anyone look up the datasheet, will probably tell you if you need to program it or not, then with fixed spi try tv, if still problem then by all means remove both those diode assemblies on panel driver board.
                                  SPI datasheet
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Nicktronic View Post
                                    See photo for response to post #113. Don't have the programmer yet, but I can't find the SPI Flash that I removed.....my family might've played with and lost it. I ordered a new one.
                                    are this reading while LVDS disconnected !!!!

about the spi. if you don't find it or it damaged during talking it out... the new one will written by MB when there are correct boot / Operation.

but you need to measure it pin the 8 & 4 in reserve way to compare with yours first check

Comment

are this reading while LVDS disconnected !!!!

about the spi. if you don't find it or it damaged during talking it out... the new one will written by MB when there are correct boot / Operation.

but you need to measure it pin the 8 & 4 in reserve way to compare with yours first check
                                      LVDS was connected. You didn't specify in post #113, or I missed it somewhere else. You want me to take new readings with LVDS disconnected?

Comment

Originally posted by Nicktronic View Post
                                        LVDS was connected. You didn't specify in post #113, or I missed it somewhere else. You want me to take new readings with LVDS disconnected?
                                        i think i write before.. ""right now MB after remove IC601 boot correct BL okay...Sound OK and we should not back consider right now on MB""... it logic talk that after this test point our focus will be on Panel but as SOLO because this is measurements of Diode mode and R so we don't need MB interface with any reading.

Comment

i think i write before.. ""right now MB after remove IC601 boot correct BL okay...Sound OK and we should not back consider right now on MB""... it logic talk that after this test point our focus will be on Panel but as SOLO because this is measurements of Diode mode and R so we don't need MB interface with any reading.
                                          See attached....
                                          Attached Files
                                          Last edited by Nicktronic; 04-18-2023, 01:36 PM. Reason: Got the readings

Comment

Working...
                                          X