Samsung LE40F86BD noisy tiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LE40F86BD noisy tiles

My now rather old Samsung TV has two noisy blocks that have appeared lately. The tiles seem to be from pixels x=768,768 to y=1023,1023 and then a tile on the righmost border pixels x=1792,768 to y=1919,1023. The error seem to occur no matter the input (or with no input at all, e.g. looking at the menu). It occurs as vertical line noise within this tile it can be very visible in some backgrounds.
    I am curious what could reasonably cause this, it doesn't fit well with my understanding of how the display should be controlled.
    Any guesses what this could be?
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung LE40F86BD noisy tiles

it seems a problem of the pc you connect

Comment

The image in this case was just for demonstration (and I just it to confirm at what pixels it does occur). It happen no matter the input and also without input (e.g. by just selecting the menu when an input is not connected it is visible). The effect is constant but intensity varies by which content is shown in the area.

Comment

Here is the example from the DTV input channel with only power connected to the TV. The effect is not very visible on this background but clearly apparent.
        Attached Files

Comment

sorry, read it bad.. it is maybe a tcon problem, maybe a slight defect on the ram soldering, or silicon oil under main chip ( wash it with boiling water maybe??)..

Comment

Ok, thanks for the reply. Ok, i guess I can try poking that a bit. I am just surprised the timing controller would affect a tile like that, I thought the signal at that would be raster scan over the panel.

Comment

those old tcon were different than today's one in the fact them had dram so probably the image was stored there before sent to the panel

Comment

Working...
              X