No announcement yet.

HP BIOS unlock tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi hope someone may help me as i have a hp 840 g5 and have copied the dump of the 32mb bios chip but hpunlocker returns error "try 16mb file"

Comment

• Vesko356
      Vesko356 commented
      Editing a comment
      It's HP EliteBook 840 G5 not "hp 840 g5"
      Secondly post your request in a related thread and give full laptop details as per the rules.

Read the rules before posting
      RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*
      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...before-posting

You MUST:
      • Read BIOS guides, methods, resources and tools
      • Try the method at BIOS guides, methods, resources and tools before requesting help
      • Explain you were not able to succeed with the methods at BIOS guides, methods, resources and tools
      • Use search function in case someone already answered your request
      • Post under a related thread if it exists
      • Provide the full machine model number, serial number (or Service tag, SNID) and the board model number (see https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88758 ) ,The serial number, make, full model number, motherboard model and revision (except QR codes) must be written/typed at your request as per the rules. Not as a picture, part of the file name and so on.
      • Name your thread with make, full model numbers and request
      • Provide a BIOS/EC dump if possible
      • Attach files directly to your post instead of linking to external websites
      • Post what the problem is, be specific - black screen, no boot, running slow, password. Do NOT post "clean me", "clear bios", "clean bios", "fix bios", "bios need" or other such terms

RC INLOCKER NOT RUN...THE ERROR IS COMMING... THE APPLICATION UNABLE TO START CORRECTLY...PLS FIX THIS PROBLEM

Comment

Originally posted by MANISH SAWDEKAR View Post
      RC INLOCKER NOT RUN...THE ERROR IS COMMING... THE APPLICATION UNABLE TO START CORRECTLY...PLS FIX THIS PROBLEM
      Please use some forum etiquette and don`t post in CAPITAL LETTERS .This topic is for HP Unlocker,not RCUnlocker.

Read the rules before posting any bios request - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...before-posting

The RCUnlocker topic is here -> RCUnlocker https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...locker?t=98539

Quote from post 1:

Usage: Drag and drop .bin file to .exe file.

In case there are problems with unlocking your laptop, write a short description of the issue, upload original file and if possible, _unlocked.bin file aswell. Just crying for help is useless. Keep the topic as clean as possible.

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

A few questions (please, don't forward me to the particular model topic, nobody answers there)

I have a dump of a working password-protected BIOS. I see that the tool has cleared PowerOnPW and AdminPW, also many symbols spread out in this and one other place. Is there any way to read the password without cleaning? Just to keep the original bios. Because after cleaning it doesn't POST anymore. Or what may help to open it?

Comment

• SMDFlea
          SMDFlea commented
          Editing a comment
          " Is there any way to read the password without cleaning?" No

Hp unlocker.exe not working, fatal error, what are the method to use it, am using window 8.1 pc

Comment

• SMDFlea
          SMDFlea commented
          Editing a comment
          Drag the bios onto the exe .Post the error message

Originally posted by Steve Jones Nwafor View Post
        Hp unlocker.exe not working, fatal error, what are the method to use it, am using window 8.1 pc
        I switch to window 10, and it worked, please is this unlocker for hp laptops alone?, can I use it on other computers like, acer, dell, Asus, or herobook?

Comment

I switch to window 10, and it worked, please is this unlocker for hp laptops alone?, can I use it on other computers like, acer, dell, Asus, or herobook?
          read post#1...
          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post

read post#1...
            I want to know whether this unlocker is for only hp computers, or can it be used to unlock other computer manufacturer computer, just to be sure before I damage my computer, I have Asus laptop, it was imported from overseas, just want to unlock it myself.

Comment

I want to know whether this unlocker is for only hp computers, or can it be used to unlock other computer manufacturer computer, just to be sure before I damage my computer, I have Asus laptop, it was imported from overseas, just want to unlock it myself.
              Write clearly in post#1, what kind of models it unlocks..
              Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post

Write clearly in post#1, what kind of models it unlocks..
                Does RCunlocker, unlock all models of laptops?, I mean, Hp, acer, Asus dell, chromebook, etc

Comment

Does RCunlocker, unlock all models of laptops?, I mean, Hp, acer, Asus dell, chromebook, etc
                  Nooooo!!!!!...only those models that are written in post #1, of this thread.....read post #1..

Comment

Thank you man !!! It worked perfectly with my HP elitebook 725 g3.... I have flashed the bios( 25Q128BV not the one near ram slots which is 25Q64BV) with the generated bin file after using HP Unlocker v_1. And here is the file if it cloud be helpful for someone.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Titonic2020 View Post
                      Thank you man!!! It worked perfectly with my HP elitebook 725 g3... I have flashed the bios( 25Q128BV not the one near ram slots which is 25Q64BV) with the generated bin file after using HP Unlocker v_1. And here is the file if it cloud be helpful for someone.
                      And here is the other bin file for the other winbond chip W25Q64BV
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi all,

I cannot unlock the Bios of an HP EliteBook 840 G1 :
                        - With RCunlocker I got the error message "missing unlockable content" (However, I operated correctly on the 16 Mb Bios chip - Winbond 25Q16DVSIG - I can also read the serial number of the computer on it).
                        - With HP-unlocker, I have no error message, but the output _.unlocked.bin file is identical to the original file (same checksum).
                        I add that I started again several times.

Thanks.

Attached Files

Comment

The laptop serial number of my HP EliteBook 840 G1 is "5CG5072KBY"
                        Thanks

Comment

Hi all,

I answer myself: I had simply chosen the wrong chip; for an EliteBook 840 G1, you must operate on the “Micron N25Q128A” chip.
                          I was able to unlock the computer with RCunlocker.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                            First check this site to see if your HP is supported for the great tool Mazzif has made.

http://mazzifsoftware.blogspot.com/p...os-unlock.html

If your model is newer and not in that list, you need to dump your bios, remove password from dump and reprogram bios with modified dump.

For that you need an SPI programmer like CH341A or Raspberry Pi with Flashrom or any other similar programmer. A soic8 clip is also useful so there wouldn't be a need to unsolder bios IC.

When you have your dump, just drag and drop your file on my HPUnlocker tool and it will create a new file. It will add "_unlocked" to the name of your locked file.

Just program the new file on your bios IC.

This unlocker should work on all Elite, EliteBook, ProBook and maybe some other series HP laptops.

For those of you who need to unlock large amounts of laptops, I recommend adding a registry entry:
                            Code:
                            Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\HPUnlocker\command
                            Then modify that string adding
                            Code:
                            "C:\*location-of-exe*\HPUnlocker.exe" "%1"
                            This way you just need to right click your locked file and select HPUnlocker.

If there are any issues, please do let me know so I can improve this tool.

All Elitebooks, Probooks and zbooks which are up to ninth generation which should be up to year 2018, like 840 G5, are supported. Newer models are not supported (yet atleast).

No Pavilions or other trash is supported

-----------------------------------------------------------------
                            NEW multitool and unlocker added .

Unlocking
                            HP - ProBook, EliteBook, ZBook (including 32MB models)
                            Chromebooks from all various manufacturers
                            Apple - everything older than T2
                            More to come...

RCUnlocker https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=98539
                            Can someone walk me through how to use this tool?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Kouda View Post

Thank you
                              Make a bios backup
                              copy that backup in RCUnlocker folder
                              drag & drop backup file to RCUnlocker.exe

Comment

Originally posted by qayyum786 View Post

Make a bios backup
                                You are not making these solution clearly, I want you to show me which string in the bios file contains the password, and I want to know how to used updated bios file and the dump locked file to compare and remove the password, just want to know how to do it in all laptop models, thanks, am waiting for your response great engineers.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Kouda View Post

Thank you

Originally posted by qayyum786 View Post

Make a bios backup

You are not making these solution clearly, I want you to show me which string in the bios file contains the password, and I want to know how to used updated bios file and the dump locked file to compare and remove the password, just want to know how to do it in all laptop models, thanks, am waiting for your response great engineers.
                                  It was a step by step perfect answer asked by @Adam Kouda how to use a RCUnlocker Tool

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...59#post1859659

Comment

Working...
                                  X