X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP BIOS unlock tool

Originally posted by ferypepa View Post
    Thanks SMDFlea,
    I will give a try tomorrow to these softwares.
    I have the green version of the CH341A, but will double check the voltage it gaves as well.

Read also about, trying to dump with the CMOS battery connected. So, another test.
    Ive got the green and blue PCB versions,they didn`t need modding but 2 of them arrived DOA.Resoldering all the pins got them working.
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
      Random issue. Sometimes bios update gets rid of it.

OK

and sorry for my noob question but I have an other hp 840 g1 which i unlock without any problems. can I upload its bios to the previous laptop (same model)

there is a risk to brick the bios ?

Comment

Oh, my bad. I mixed up me state in recovery mode and the not committed error. Bios update might get rid of me state issue. Not committed needs biosconfigutility.

Ofni, don't use same file on another machine. You would need to clean ME region and set up VSS region according to your serial number etc.

Comment

THANK YOU everybody in this forum and thread, specially to @RetoricalCheese, @Vesko356 and @SMDFlea.

I did it !

This afernoon, I give a try to the three other softwares (NeoProgrammer,Colibri or ASProgrammer), basically same results of no detecting the chip ( this time with the clip, as I removed the wire solder yesterday), but surprisingly, in one of the attemtps adjusting the clip. Voilà. Colibri programmer detected.

Then with Colibri, I read the chip, verify it ( no discrepancies), saved it to bin file and drag&dropped it to RCUnlocker with a successful message. Afterthat, I erased the chip, loaded the unlocked bin file and wrote to chip. The surprise was when I verified what was written, Colibri told me about 7687 discrepancies ... did process again, with same results. 7687 discrepancies.

Well, I said...let's turn it on and see what happens.

The company logo was removed ( blanked,... no logo), but the bios admin password was still there, and computer could turn it on.
          Logo removed was a little progress, but a progress.
          So I decided to repeat process, what encourage me was that I could do it with the clip.

Then after 5-10 minutes of tuning and adjusting the clip, I manage to detect the clip.
          This time I decided to use CH341 v1.34, just because the menus were more familiar to me. Same process: read, verify, save bin file, drag&drop it to RCUnlocker, erase chip, load unlocked bin, write and verify file.

This time.... zero discrepancies.
          And voilà !
          Full access to BIOS, standard HP logo when booting and reset security bios to defaults in the first bios access.

Perfect.

I think that I had problems with the Colibri program in the erase phase, as it completed in just 1-2 seconds, while this phase took around one minute when I repeated it with CH341A programmer.

My summary:
          -. Main problem was the clip connections. Don't discourage if it takes you some extra time.
          -. RCUnlocker program is badass !
          -. People in this forum is fantastic to newcomers, even if we ask the basics.
          -.Add HP Elitebook 745 G2 to the list of tested models for the tool.

@RetoricalCheese ... you should have a beer flying to Tartu. Enjoy it !

Comment

Hello, just wanted to give a big thanks to RethoricalCheese the HPUnlocker tool.
            I had a HP 705 mini G4 with dual MX25L12873F and a BIOS passwords.
            With a Raspberry Pi, flashrom and the HPUnlocker I was able to get it removed.

Comment

need to unlock my hp840 g5
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by leggat2000 View Post
                need to unlock my hp840 g5
                For you
                Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                Become a Badcaps supporter
                >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                Thanks to all supporters.
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

hi can you help me to remove the password on the bios of the hp 455 g7 ?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by poulo76700 View Post
                    hi can you help me to remove the password on the bios of the hp 455 g7 ?
                    Why don't you try to do it yourself first? The first post on the topic describes how it should be done.
                    If you have difficulties just say so, we will help you.
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Thanks to all supporters.​
                    Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

i try but he don't boot. the laptop reinstall the locked bios...i try to flash the bios with a ch341a pro but it say the files is to big for the bios chip .so .. i try with asprogrammer and say same thing...i got the uuid sn sn mother board system board etc if it can help you ...i don't understand how you put these informations in the bios*.bin with a hex program ??

Comment

Did you desolder the chip for reading / writing or use a clip? Desolder better.. Which chip did you do, just 1 or both? I'm looking at a DA0X9MMB8F0 board with a Winbond 25Q128JVSQ 16M chip nearest the "BIOS" legend on the board (primary BIOS?), but also with a GigaDevice 25B127DSIG 16M chip very close

https://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datash...5B127DSIG.html
                        https://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datash...Q128JVSIQ.html

If these are the chips you have, they are 3V chips, Is your ch341a working 5V or 3V? There is a mod for ch341a if not,

https://www.chucknemeth.com/usb-devi.../3v-ch341a-mod
                        Last edited by dualtrace; 01-11-2022, 11:37 AM.

Comment

it's a winbond w25q1128BV chip. i use a clip with cha141a and i did it on the chip winbond cause it write bios just in down of it. for the 3v or 5v i don't know i will test it to know ! thank for your advices

Comment

Not quite sure what the difference is between B and J versions of the chip but they're both 16M 3V. Maybe B is just newer.

https://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datash...W25Q128BV.html

Maybe if you did both chips, even if it did try to reload from the second chip, you'd have de-passworded that one too..

I'm no expert. Probably best to wait until someone more knowledgeable than I comes along & suggests what's safe to do.

Clips do seem to have a reputation for causing problems though. I'm waiting to do my own best machine until my solderings practised enough.

Some manuals for your machine in case they help:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product...780046/manuals

Comment

help me to remove bios password
                              HP ELITEBOOK 830 G7
                              INVENTEC CAMELLIA
                              6050A3136201
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by vujchoto View Post
                                help me to remove bios password
                                HP ELITEBOOK 830 G7
                                INVENTEC CAMELLIA
                                6050A3136201
                                Here you are ( zapoviadaj Vujche )
                                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                                  Here you are ( zapoviadaj Vujche )
                                  No more password with this dump
                                  THANK YOU

Comment

Originally posted by vujchoto View Post
                                    No more password with this dump
                                    THANK YOU
                                    You're welcome gradski.
                                    Enjoy

Comment

not working give error code execution cannot proceed MSCR100.DLL was not found reinstalling this program may fix this problem

Comment

who's can rebuild 840g5 bios
                                        this bios have error
                                        Attached Files

Comment

is this working for hp probook 640 g1 unlock bios password user

Comment

Working...
                                          X