• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell G5 15 5500 bios needed

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
    Write your Device Service Tag.
    Originally posted by Alaa El den View Post
    4vym563
    I wrote this Quote for "dariusgc", why you give me your Service Tag! what's your device problem and where is your Backup Bios?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
    all donations are welcome,
    see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
    >>>>>
    click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
    Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

write your device service tag.
      1hltc63

Comment

Originally posted by dariusgc View Post
        1hltc63
        Here are you New Bios, try it and give me results.
        Attached Files
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
        >>>>>

Comment

Here are you New Bios, try it and give me results.
          Nope, it doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by dariusgc View Post
            Nope, it doesn't work.
            Doesn't work means No Power, No Image or what?
            Also what was your main problem?
            >>>>>

Comment

Doesn't work means No Power, No Image or what?
              Also what was your main problem?
              Thanks for your files, but i think there is power issues on the motherboard. Cause there is only few blinks on led near power jack.

Comment

Perhaps someone can verify that I am having bad BIOS issues. Currently, the BIOS is password protected by 8FC8 password. I have the password for it. However, on every boot, the keyboard starts flashing different colors (I think that's normal), the screen that is supposed to be prompting me to enter the password gets distorted. I get a window with its message cut off at different times. May be on my 10th attempt I get the 8FC8 window with full message and the box to enter the password in but the keyboard gets disabled, no keys work. External keyboard also does not work. However, I can do Ctrl-Alt-Del to reboot no problem. My thinking is if BIOS is bad, then you get random results like I am getting now.

Can someone confirm it's the BIOS?

Also, does the motherboard have a single or two BIOS chips? I am yet to take out the motherboard from the case.

Comment

Originally posted by trepachka View Post
                  Perhaps someone can verify that I am having bad BIOS issues. Currently, the BIOS is password protected by 8FC8 password. I have the password for it. However, on every boot, the keyboard starts flashing different colors (I think that's normal), the screen that is supposed to be prompting me to enter the password gets distorted. I get a window with its message cut off at different times. May be on my 10th attempt I get the 8FC8 window with full message and the box to enter the password in but the keyboard gets disabled, no keys work. External keyboard also does not work. However, I can do Ctrl-Alt-Del to reboot no problem. My thinking is if BIOS is bad, then you get random results like I am getting now.

Can someone confirm it's the BIOS?

Also, does the motherboard have a single or two BIOS chips? I am yet to take out the motherboard from the case.
                  All speculation is conjecture.
                  If your device has 2 bios chips, they will be located near each other (on Dell computers).
                  Solution: post your bios file here we will rebuild it so you can rule out the cause of the error caused by bios (since you already have the password, you don't need to delete the password in the new file)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                  Become a Badcaps supporter
                  >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                  Thanks to all supporters.
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ā€‹

Comment

I have attached the BIOS I extracted from both chips. I would appreciate if someone fixed it for me. It does have 8fc8 password lock on it and I do have the password for it. But if you can remove the password while at it, that would help me avoid doing this extra step. Thank you.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Can you guys, please rebuild the bios files I submitted in my previous response?

Comment

dell g5 5500 bios clean please

Hi there, I ave a Dell g5 5500 that I would appreciate if you guys could clean for me.

Kind regards

Paul

Comment

Re: dell g5 5500 bios clean please

attached
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by paulyboy View Post
                            attached
                            First thing don't choose (OTP), this will add some extra length to the file.
                            Second, we need your 16MB file also, in order to merge both files and Clean the ME Region.
                            >>>>>

Comment

First thing don't choose (OTP), this will add some extra length to the file.
                              Second, we need your 16MB file also, in order to merge both files and Clean the ME Region.
                              thankyou for your time, unfortuantely i have 3 backups only with the OTP and have since flashed a couple roms on here in hopes of fixing the issue.

I have added the 2 bios files if you can assist in anyway it would be awesome
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by paulyboy View Post
                                thankyou for your time, unfortuantely i have 3 backups only with the OTP and have since flashed a couple roms on here in hopes of fixing the issue.

I have added the 2 bios files if you can assist in anyway it would be awesome
                                Here's your New BIOS, try it and let me know.
                                Attached Files
                                >>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                                  g5 15 5500
                                  This file Work For me, But Bios its too slow i canĀ“t enter to edit and no boot freeze on del logo

ST:7YM6003

Comment

Hello,

I would be grateful if you could send me the bios files for this machine.
                                    I tried all of the above and none of them worked.
                                    S/N: HW2XF63

I attach the old bios.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

I can post my old bios but I bricked it pretty bad. So, can someone post a generic BIOS for both chips (8Mb and 16Mb) I can use to flash the machine? Thanks.

Service Tag# C3L7D63

Comment

Dell G5 15 5500 Bios bricked after update

Model P89F
                                        P89F003
                                        S/N HW2XF63

Laptop was bricked after latest bios update. It has dual bios. I flashed many other files from another thread with no luck.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Re: Dell G5 15 5500 Bios bricked after update

Originally posted by Radio Operator View Post
                                          Model P89F
                                          P89F003
                                          S/N HW2XF63

Laptop was bricked after latest bios update. It has dual bios. I flashed many other files from another thread with no luck.
                                          Any update?

Comment

Working...
                                          X