Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic CF53 MK4 CF-532S74RMG

Originally posted by Maxpower3 View Post
    yes but written many times in several ways and I don't know if any checksum to verify.

My original patched file is working fine?

So better to start from an original file and modify it my way if you have other pc to do. You keep the original file like that
    The serial is stored in the ME region in one of the partitions.
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
      The serial is stored in the ME region in one of the partitions.
      yes but search and look just with text 5KTCA or 5JTCA

there are lots of little bits of serial everywhere

the last digits are coded on 16bits little-endian to ascii
      look at the number of times found serial on my picture
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Maxpower3; 07-18-2021, 01:32 PM.

Comment

hello,

one question: is it possible to flash the bios with AFUWIN or any other tool without external programer? Or if not, is there any tutorial? I have the skills for bonding and using MC's but here I'am newbee

My problem: I have a CF-532S74RMG with bios inside where the WLAN and WWAN function isn't enabled and no option inside the bios to change that.

Maybe you know where I can enable this funktion in the hex-dump?

with kind regards

Mike

Comment

hello,

I read and learned a lot here. Many Thanks for that!

Now I'am at the point, that the book is working fine, wireless switch is activated and WWAN detected. WLAN I will change soon, I think it is defect.

I flash with CH341a and clip without any soldering an other bios from here, what in description was free of PW, BUT:

----- just 4 info -----------

I had an PW in the old bios set and I think that was reading out from somewhere in the book, so If I try to enter the BIOS I was not able to go in, because the "data" in bios was clear and the "data" from somewhere not, both missmatch...

I read out my backup from original bios and set the same values inside the new bios and that it works..easy for you but for me something learnd

----------------------------

Now I enable all menu with the "magic string" and have working book..so far so good, BUT:

Question: is it possible to enable ME? I have only "n/a" as info in BIOS and no skills to understand for what is ME usefull, is it problem to work without?

with kind regards

Mike

Comment

Now I try new WLAN Card and still no option/function/Finding

Is it maybe problem with the base (532S74RMG) or the option "2.LAN" that WLAn is not possible?

best regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by noumenon View Post
              Now I try new WLAN Card and still no option/function/Finding

Is it maybe problem with the base (532S74RMG) or the option "2.LAN" that WLAn is not possible?

best regards Mike
              Post your original backup, the one before you made any changes to it .
              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

The last file I used is now here. ME is working, WWAN is working, still no WLAN but I buy two other Types and will test next time...

with kind regards

Mike
                Attached Files

Comment

hello,

I'am back from holiday. I tested 6235, 7260 and 7265Intel unbranded cards and nothing is regonized, still no WLAN

Any hints?

With kind regards

Mike

Comment

hello,

I'am back from holiday. I tested 6235, 7260 and 7265Intel unbranded cards and nothing is regonized, still no WLAN

Any hints?

With kind regards

Mike
                    i assume you`ve turned the wireless switch on

Comment

hello,

yes, the mechanical switch at side of book is on and also the LED is working. With switch I can enable WWAN on/off or like it called "flightmode on/off". So it seems to be ok.

Still the WLAn card's will not regonize in any way, not bios, not windows. In BIOS I have menu for WWAN (enable/disable) but nothing for WLAN, thats curiouse

with kind regards

Mike

Comment

hello,

yes, the mechanical switch at side of book is on and also the LED is working. With switch I can enable WWAN on/off or like it called "flightmode on/off". So it seems to be ok.

Still the WLAn card's will not regonize in any way, not bios, not windows. In BIOS I have menu for WWAN (enable/disable) but nothing for WLAN, thats curiouse

with kind regards

Mike
                        Are you sure youve got the exact same model as in the thread title. Do you have a copy of the Original backup .

Comment

hello,

at the book are label: CF-532S74RMG with serial: 5JTCA29901

as I buy it there was in BIOS (V4.00L18 M91 the Serial: 5KTCA37037

so I think there was some mod before me and the WWAN and WLAN does not work. Wireless switch was disabled and not working (also LED still off).

I search a lot of ROM here and test...a lot of them enables the wireless switch but only WWAN comes on

here the original backup ROM from book at first day (with PW and wireless switch disabled!).

with kind regards

Mike
                          Attached Files

Comment

hello,

do you have any hints? Maybe a BIOS Rom for this book with guarantee WLAN option in BIOS?

with kind regards

Mike

Comment

hello,

do you have any hints? Maybe a BIOS Rom for this book with guarantee WLAN option in BIOS?

with kind regards

Mike
                              The wireless card will be whitelisted in the bios.Use a genuine card and it should be ok, or request a modified bios to remove the whitelist over at bios-mods.com

Comment

hmm,

all cards I tested are original Panasonic genuide and the 7260NGW was original sell with the book. Thats why I'am a little bit confused and think there is something missing in my bios.

Thats why it may be possible to get a dumb from a working MK4 BIOS with wlan working for testing. But all dumb I found were without info about working wlan or for other MK's

with kind regards

Mike

Comment

Good morning,

has anybody a WLAN testet BIOS ROM for CF-53 MK4? I think model number is not a reason for the hardware.

thanks

Mike

Comment

hi guys, here is my bios file (from CF-53 MK-4). is it possible to remove the bios password? many thanks in advance.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ponchik123 View Post
                                      hi guys, here is my bios file (from CF-53 MK-4). is it possible to remove the bios password? many thanks in advance.
                                      try..
                                      Attached Files
                                      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                                        try..
                                        Everything worked 100%. I am very happy and very grateful.

Comment

Hi guys, I have a CF-53 mk4 identical to that of ponchik123 (post 77), with PW. Can I use the mod released by peste also for mine?
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X