Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: hp probook 440 g7 bios password

Originally posted by Amozito View Post
    Hi! I need help with removing password from BIOS. I tried some files I found on this site.. it worked but then I got "Hp endpoint security controller problem" every time I boot.
    Here are the original files.
    Note: the two files you posted in the zip file are the same. It is an EC file. I just wanted to make sure you didn't make a mistake when choosing the file to compress.
    Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

These are the files I got from Gigadevice 25B127DSIG and Winbond 25Q128JVSQ. I used AsProgrammer. Did I miss anything?

Comment

Hi need a little help with removing bios password. In the file it contains both original and unlocked.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
          Can anyone help remove password from the 440-g7 attached locked bios, please.
          Thanks in advance.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by c.o.c.o. View Post
            Hello,
            Can anyone help remove password from the 440-g7 attached locked bios, please.
            Thanks in advance.
            read again your chipset or find 2nd chipset on back of mainboard.
            Last edited by volinakis; 01-16-2023, 03:43 AM.
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
            all donations are welcome,
            see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
            >>>>>
            click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
            Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by chucky465 View Post
              Hi need a little help with removing bios password. In the file it contains both original and unlocked.
              the unlocked file is ok, disconnect battery and cmos battery when you solder back chipset, restore security to factory defaults in "Security" tab (or bios to factory defaults in "Main" tab) and should work.
              Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
              >>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by volinakis View Post
                read again your chipset or find 2nd chipset on back of mainboard.
                Thanks for the reply. I'm new to these stuff, sorry. It seems that I had issues with the CH341A V 1.29 software. The attached files are gathered by asprogrammer. The software asked to choose from multiple chip types. I'm not sure which is which.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by c.o.c.o. View Post
                  Thanks for the reply. I'm new to these stuff, sorry. It seems that I had issues with the CH341A V 1.29 software. The attached files are gathered by asprogrammer. The software asked to choose from multiple chip types. I'm not sure which is which.
                  Leave GD25q128 intact and modify the content of W25Q128 with this one. at 1st boot press F10 and reset security settings to defaults (at bottom of "Security" tab)
                  Attached Files
                  >>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by volinakis View Post
                    Leave GD25q128 intact and modify the content of W25Q128 with this one. at 1st boot press F10 and reset security settings to defaults (at bottom of "Security" tab)
                    I had some errors during programming. finally I was able to write the file but it didn't work; still asking power-on password - either bios administrator or post power-on password.

Anyway, I decided to use "RCUnlocker_v_1_0" and removed password from GD25q128 and it worked like a charm.

Thank you.
                    Last edited by c.o.c.o.; 01-19-2023, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X