Originally posted by aymanabodkika View Post
    CAN HELP ME REMOVE BIOS PASSOWERD ANTHER 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
    Model: Dell Precision 7740
    MB PartNumber: LA-H281p
    Encryption type: 8FC8
    Service Tag: 83FQF13
    AAA
    Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post

AAA
      Thanks Pro 🌹

Comment

Hello. Can anybody help me fix my bios for a Dell Precision 7740, LA-H281P, service tag BKLWL13. It turns on to a black screen. Thank you
        Attached Files

Comment

Try this file ....
          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you! I'll let you know how it goes

Comment

I am unable to write to the chip even though I can read and erase it. The software hangs up as soon as I try to program using both Neo and AS Programmer and on two different computers. Do you have any idea what could be happening?

The chip is GD25B256DYIGR, and I have the black Ch341 board with the 3.3 V Mod.

Thank you

Comment

Nvm got it to write. The Bios file worked... Thank you very much!

Comment

My Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000 GPU isn't being detected in the bios or Windows. Could it have something to do with that bios file? I don't see any bios settings to enable it.

Comment

Hello, if I were you I would try to update the last known BIOS from Dell, it should be version 1.31.0.
                    I seem to remember that your BIOS was very old with 1.6.0. By the way, Dell doesn't officially have this at all.
                    There is 1.3.2 and 1.8.2 but no 1.6.0
                    That might solve your problems.
                    It's difficult to evaluate from a distance.​
                    Attached Files

Comment

I did update it to 1.31.0 last night, along with all the other updates from Windows updates and the Dell support site for this device. I just can't install the Nvidia driver. That's weird about the old bios. I can't explain that.

Comment

I think my employee that pulled this chip might have smoked it. The device was not 8FC8 locked, but windows entra MDM. I can't find anything to remove in hexedit and tbh the file does not look normal. After successfully reinstalling the chip the laptop no longer boots. Is this dump garbage? Full disclosure: this is the first Xeon bios that I've dumped so It may just be completely different. Is there a super generic image available? Up thread there are some semi-clean files, but they might have licensing issues I think.

Dell Precision 7740 Xeon
                        ST:6HP12R2
                        MB:LA-H281P
                        Attached Files

Comment

I think your Bios is corrupt .....

Comment

Originally posted by Markus1741 View Post
                            I think your Bios is corrupt .....
                            Yeah, I'm afraid so. What's the least bad way to get the device going again. I have plenty of spare chips that will work, but no file. Is there some kind of a "best practices" guide to building an image from scratch with no good dump? I haven't had any success in getting a file from a dell bios update. sadly

Comment

Hello try this me clean unlocked file ....
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Markus1741 View Post
                                Hello try this me clean unlocked file ....
                                Just got back around to this one today and your file worked. Big thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X