Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
    Here.
    thank's but after flash this dump no power

Comment

model Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Yoga Gen 1, MB: LBB-2 19733-1

I ask for help! patch bios please!
      Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-25-2023, 11:57 AM.

Comment

ec dump old

Comment

Hello guys !

I've buy a second hand T480 .. like many peoples here the computer has a Supervisor Password set. And the seller ignore what could be the password.

I've read carefully the instructions and ordered a CH341A. Now i'm studying the answers on the forum after the main post.

[ HOW TO USE THE PATCH ]
          STEP 1: Flash and replace current BIOS with the generated patch file
          STEP 2: Boot the machine
          STEP 3: Press ENTER/F1/etc. to enter BIOS settings
          STEP 4: Enter any character when asked for Supervisor Password
          STEP 5: Press enter when it shows Hardware ID
          STEP 6: Press space bar 2x when asked
          STEP 7: Turn off machine
          STEP 8: Restore original BIOS
          STEP 9: Reset BIOS settings to factory default
          I would like to clarify, if the Step 8 "Restore original BIOS" mean restore the binary dumped in Step 1 ?

Thank's you !

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenTTY View Post
            Hello guys !

I've buy a second hand T480 .. like many peoples here the computer has a Supervisor Password set. And the seller ignore what could be the password.

I've read carefully the instructions and ordered a CH341A. Now i'm studying the answers on the forum after the main post.

I would like to clarify, if the Step 8 "Restore original BIOS" mean restore the binary dumped in Step 1 ?

Thank's you !
            Yes, it is referring to the dump created in Step 1.
            As a precautionary move, create AT LEAST 2 GOOD IDENTICAL DUMPS.. you can use Beyond Compare software to open 2 dumps side-by-side for comparison that is what i used aside from HxD. Any small differences in the file is highlighted right away..

This is crucial because there are others who unfortunately had problems in restoring the laptop to its working state after a failed patch despite using the dump they made in Step 1.

Comment

Good Day .
              Please Can any one help me to pah Lenovo L14 bios .
              using autopatcher i'm having problems

Thank you

Comment

Please help me make a patch for this dump. I don't want to run autopatch.cmd

Comment

Originally posted by orik View Post
                  Please help me make a patch for this dump. I don't want to run autopatch.cmd
                  do not work*

Comment

Originally posted by orik View Post
                    do not work*
                    Try this .....
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by fr0stbit3 View Post
                      Yes, it is referring to the dump created in Step 1.
                      As a precautionary move, create AT LEAST 2 GOOD IDENTICAL DUMPS.. you can use Beyond Compare software to open 2 dumps side-by-side for comparison that is what i used aside from HxD. Any small differences in the file is highlighted right away..

This is crucial because there are others who unfortunately had problems in restoring the laptop to its working state after a failed patch despite using the dump they made in Step 1.
                      Thank's you for the precision, yes i have well undertood the important place take that dump, i will do at least 3 to be safe and check them carrefully !

I've done the 3.3v mod on my CH341A received this morning.

A did some test with flashrom on my spare hackintosh but got some errors, look due to the software ecosystem, so i will retry from ubuntu on liveusb..

➜ ~ flashrom -p ch341a_spi -r test.img
                      flashrom v1.2 on Darwin 19.6.0 (x86_64)
                      flashrom is free software, get the source code at https://flashrom.org

Calibrating delay loop... OK.
                      Couldn't open device 1a86:5512.
                      Error: Programmer initialization failed.
                      So i booted on a LiveUSB of Ubuntu 22 and installed Flashrom 1.2 from repo.
                      the CH341A is well recognized in the output of lsusb.

but i got this result when i type this command :
                      flashrom -p ch341a_spi -r test.img

cb_in: error: LIBUSB_TRANSFER_TIMED_OUT
                      ch341a_spi_spi_send_command: Failed to write 37 bytes

cb_out: error: LIBUSB_TRANSFER_TIMED_OUT
                      Also sometime the CH341A does not appear in lsusb output when clamped to the BIOS chip.

Does someone knew why ?
                      Last edited by HiddenTTY; 08-30-2022, 06:40 AM.

Comment

hello please patch this bios for me

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenTTY View Post
                          Also sometime the CH341A does not appear in lsusb output when clamped to the BIOS chip.

Does someone knew why ?
                          Desolder the chip if you can, or try using the CH341A with a powered USB hub
                          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                            Desolder the chip if you can, or try using the CH341A with a powered USB hub
                            I've resolved the issue, the 3.3v fix made the whole module not work properly.. after i undo the mod all worked well !

So i would like to thank's all the people behind this pretty work !

Comment

Hi, i'm trying to patch Lenovo ThinkPad T490 20N3-S2KS03 with i7 8th gen vpro but i get this error. Is there any way to patch? Attached is the dump. Thanks

Code:
                              Using UEFIReplace to inject 2 DXE drivers...
                              [1/2] BootOption (GUID e0746c42-d3f9-4f8b-b211-1410957b9ff5)
                              [2/2] LenovoTranslateService (GUID 826bcf56-bac4-43f4-8ea1-8cdf0a121abd)

Looking for volumes to patch...
                              [1/1] NVRAM_EfiSystemNvDataFvGuid (checksum 2609h):
                                 Not found... Skipping.

Done.

Comment

I'm not sure if anyone is following this Thread. But I'm stuck like many. The autopatcher isn't working on my computer. It starts then crashes. I've attached my bios dump for a P53s. If someone could patch i would be very greatful.

Comment

You are stuck like many for the exact same reason - failed to read the dump properly.

But doesnt matter too much because autopatcher is unable to unlock P53s anyway. You need svod3, rt809 or vertyanov to read/write MEC chip instead.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                                    You are stuck like many for the exact same reason - failed to read the dump properly.

But doesnt matter too much because autopatcher is unable to unlock P53s anyway. You need svod3, rt809 or vertyanov to read/write MEC chip instead.
                                    Do you have a list of others, up to 8th gen that can`t be patched.It would be handy to add the list to the first post
                                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by MMbacon View Post
                                      I'm not sure if anyone is following this Thread. But I'm stuck like many. The autopatcher isn't working on my computer. It starts then crashes. I've attached my bios dump for a P53s. If someone could patch i would be very greatful.
                                      Your dump file seems to be invalid.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DanqeR View Post
                                        Hi, i'm trying to patch Lenovo ThinkPad T490 20N3-S2KS03 with i7 8th gen vpro but i get this error. Is there any way to patch? Attached is the dump. Thanks

Code:

Not found... Skipping.

Done.
                                        I had similar result but a patched bin is created anyway.
                                        Code:
                                        C:\Users\Lenovo\Downloads\lenovo_autopatcher_0.2\lenovo_autopatcher>autopatch T490.bin

Not found... Skipping.

Done.

PATCH FILE: T490_PATCHED.bin

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by N0f3ar View Post
                                          hi , can somebody help with bios pass lenovo ideapad 3
                                          hello master, I have uploaded your bios to my computer, but there is a password. Can you share the password for this bios?

Comment

Working...
                                          X