Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Works.
    When I write works, that mean that works. It is true, when you use that soft must to be very concentrated.
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-18-2023, 05:03 AM. Reason: removed full OP quote

Comment

Hi, new to the forum here. I have a T470s with unknown supervisor password. I'm not all that tech savvy. Can someone please explain to me how to do this like I'm a 5 year old? Do I need to back up my original bios first? How do I do that? I'm running Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS. Thanks in advance for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by jabovav959 View Post
        Hi, new to the forum here. I have a T470s with unknown supervisor password. I'm not all that tech savvy. Can someone please explain to me how to do this like I'm a 5 year old? Do I need to back up my original bios first? How do I do that? I'm running Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS. Thanks in advance for your help.
        You must backup your bios and make sure the backup is successful.
        Drag and drop your backup file into the Autopatch file.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
        Become a Badcaps supporter
        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
        Thanks to all supporters.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by jabovav959 View Post
          Two things are very important.

1. After downloading the script, it is important in Linux that autopatch.py can be executed.
          chmod +x autopatch.py

2. Also very important is a good backup from the original BIOS as haoca388 says.

You should be particularly careful that no resistor or capacitor is damaged during reading.

See image 4 as an example

This happens more and more often with newer models due to their compact design.

It is better to de solder the chip and not use a clip.
          Attached Files

Comment

After a month I was success.
            Thank you so much

Comment

Originally posted by wuyaping View Post
              Can you share it with me? thank you
              Hello i found this in the Internet ...

Lenovo Golden Key - U1 Tool V1.18

https://github.com/HackerajOfficial/Lenovo-U1-Tool
              Attached Files

Comment

had this work beautifully on a x380 yoga (20LJS1AJ00). thanks for this tool!

Comment

Hi all,
                  Bought a second hand T470s but surprise it came with a password.
                  Came across the forum and did my research. Bought a CH241a and installed the respective softwares (AS Programmer v1.41 and latest)
                  Been reading this thread and trying many different things but coming across two issues:
                  1) how to verify that the BIOS backup is successful? See attached my dump
                  2) the .cmd file does not seem to run. have python and all installed but no luck
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by krizzy123 View Post
                    Hi all,
                    Bought a second hand T470s but surprise it came with a password.
                    Came across the forum and did my research. Bought a CH241a and installed the respective softwares (AS Programmer v1.41 and latest)
                    Been reading this thread and trying many different things but coming across two issues:
                    1) how to verify that the BIOS backup is successful? See attached my dump
                    2) the .cmd file does not seem to run. have python and all installed but no luck
                    1.Backup at least 3 times then compare them with each other using HxD editor (the file you posted is corrupted).
                    2. Install Python 3.8.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

I would like to say "Thank You" to the author of these piece of software. I used ezp2019+ (modded) + clip cable on Yoga 370 with supervisor password in place. Around 1h and done.
                      Great work!

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                        1.Backup at least 3 times then compare them with each other using HxD editor (the file you posted is corrupted).
                        2. Install Python 3.8.

1. Extracted and compared the 4 versions.
                        Think is not corrupted now
                        2. have python 3.11 installed, managed to run it by dragging the .bin through the .py file

Thanks !
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by krizzy123; 09-21-2023, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by krizzy123 View Post
                          1. Extracted and compared the 4 versions.
                          Think is not corrupted now
                          2. Have python 3.11 installed, managed to run it by dragging the .bin through the .py file

thanks !
                          ccc
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi, I tried this yesterday with the ch431a, followed everything to the letter and everything worked up until reprogramming the bios with the original bin file. It programmed and verified ok but my laptop won't turn on now. Not sure why this is. I am a noob at this stuff so I don't want to do anything else without some advice. I have a Lenovo Thinkpad t480 if anyone can help I would be eternally greatfull. Many thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Kugaman2021 View Post
                              Hi, I tried this yesterday with the ch431a, followed everything to the letter and everything worked up until reprogramming the bios with the original bin file. It programmed and verified ok but my laptop won't turn on now. Not sure why this is. I am a noob at this stuff so I don't want to do anything else without some advice. I have a Lenovo Thinkpad t480 if anyone can help I would be eternally greatfull. Many thanks in advance.
                              Hello make a picture from your BIOS chip ....

Comment

Originally posted by Markus1741 View Post
                                Hello make a picture from your BIOS chip ....
                                Image is available here as I don't know how to upload sorry. https://*******/pQ0QfgH

Attached Files
                                Last edited by Vesko356; 09-23-2023, 09:44 AM. Reason: External url removed. Image attached to the post.

Comment

Image is available here as I don't know how to upload sorry. https://*******/pQ0QfgH

Attached Files
                                  Thanks to all supporters.​
                                  Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Thank you for that, I had not even noticed I’m not sure how that happened unless I was a little to rough with the chip clamp, I will need to find out what they are and how to source them if I can’t find a donor board online. Thank you for your help Vesko356.
                                    Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-23-2023, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Thank you for that, I had not even noticed I'm not sure how that happened unless I was a little to rough with the chip clamp, I will need to find out what they are and how to source them if I can't find a donor board online. Thank you for your help Vesko356.
                                      You're welcome.
                                      No need to buy a donor board for that, according to the schematic the capacitor is 33P_0201_25V and the resistor is 33_0201_5%, you can source both easily.

Thanks to all supporters.​
                                      Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                                        You're welcome.
                                        No need to buy a donor board for that, according to the schematic the capacitor is 33P_0201_25V and the resistor is 33_0201_5%, you can source both easily.

I will look into them this evening, thank you again your a fountain of information. Again I really appreciate your help.

Comment

Hello, My Lenovo Yoga Type 80X8 computer does not allow me to enter the BIOS.
                                          Does this auto patch help to solve it?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                                          X