LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

the backup was done with colibri, all 4 units backup are same size. do you recommend other program? thx

Comment

Hi there

I Have T450 and EZP2023+ programmer

i make bios dump from that programmer and autopatcher make bios_patched.bin file programmer correctly write and verify bios but when i start it just 2 x 5 time beeps and then lenovo bios logo show and when i hit enter nothing happens

Programmer i have:
      https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

I flashed the backup bios via the AUTO button.

BIOS:https://ibb.co/93Jkf0B
      Last edited by elipso; 07-26-2023, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Hi there i have a LENOVO X1 CARBON 5TH GEN WITH AN SVP PASSWORD.
        BOARD NUMBER:NM-B131.
        ANY HELP PATCHING THIS BIOS BIN FILE ATTCHED.
        ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dennis akumu View Post
          Hi there i have a LENOVO X1 CARBON 5TH GEN WITH AN SVP PASSWORD.
          BOARD NUMBER:NM-B131.
          ANY HELP PATCHING THIS BIOS BIN FILE ATTCHED.
          ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED.
          There you go
          Attached Files

Comment

Guys, first of all let me thank OP and the rest of the team for the amazing tools and knowledge you're sharing here for free.
            Now to my issue. So I've been sucessfully using the patcher on multiple machines. And it's been great. But then I got T470p. It's been a long time since I ruined it with my patcher application. So I can't remember the details unfortunately. It either had computrace or bios pass. If there was only computrace I can't say for sure whether I set the pass before patching or not. What happened is that I patched the dump, flashed it back and then it either got stuck on logo for long so that I ran out of patinece and shut it down, or it hasn't even posted at all. Then I flashed the original dump back and it couldn't start ever since. I have a suspicion that my EC firmware got ruined. Could this be true?
            I tried multiple dumps from the forum. With or without cleaning ME. Outcome is always the same - blinks 3 times on charger connect, no power light, no fan spin, no keyboard light. When I clear the chip completely the fan is trying to spin up, then stops then tries again with no power light, no keyboard light and the cooling pipe is cold.
            I have no knowledge to tools to check voltages and no access to SVOD/RT809H to access EC via Jtag. I do have CH341a and some basic skills in cleaning ME and swapping bios regions with UEFI Tool. Is there anything else you guys can help me troubleshooting?
            What happened is related to the autopatcher (not blaming anyone obviously) or should I better say me using it. So I thought I'd have more chances to get help in this thread.

Machine Type Model: 20J7S1RS00, Serial Number: PF0YQKNY
            Original bios attached. Any help is highly appreciated.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
              I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T450 pasword locked bios.
              I cannot boot from usb because of the password.
              How can I unlock it?

I read the first post but I am not sure what should I have to do.
              My cmos is - Winbond 25Q128FVSQ 1536

Is there a video tutorial about that auto-patcher?
              I don't know where can I download my bios image.

Do I need the newest Windows10 ?

Comment

Originally posted by robagp View Post
                Hello,
                I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T450 pasword locked...
                BIOS guides, methods, resources and tools
                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103526

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                Become a Badcaps supporter
                >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                Thanks to all supporters.​
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Hello,
                  First of all thank you for your response.

This is why I wrote here.
                  "3.7.2. DXE password bypass driver injection (2012-2018)"
                  Release 2018 and I have intel i5 5200 series.
                  And 3.7.2 link me here.

But I not understand exactly what should I have to do.
                  Could you help me please?

Comment

Hello,
                    First of all thank you for your response.

This is why I wrote here.
                    "3.7.2. DXE password bypass driver injection (2012-2018)"
                    Release 2018 and I have intel i5 5200 series.
                    And 3.7.2 link me here.

But I not understand exactly what should I have to do.
                    Could you help me please?
                    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...660#post943660

Comment

Firstly a massive thanks to Knucklegrumble to making this available and all the support i see that has been offered.

W541. With only Supervisor Pass.
                      dumped using EZP2019. 2 or 3 files for each
                      Patched and wrote and verified.
                      Booted no cmos bat, tape over tamper switch

Result no screen. Unsure about beeps or music as no speakers are connected.
                      Fan starts up, shuts down and then fan on, Fan stays on but no other signs of life.

I panicked a little in fear that it was a 3x duff dumps. so i re flashed original 32bit 4mb dump to chip. It booted just fine. So i guess its not corrupt or is it?

I read further and thought i would try the ME Clean starting with Me analyzer. However, I tried and get error "file does not contain intel engine/....." I tired to combine the 4 & 8mb but fear i made a mess of that by using notepad++ and copying and pasting.

Too be honest i've go to the point where im a bit stuck. Can anyone suggest some pointers.

Attached are the original 4 +8 mb dumps plus the patched 4mb dump.

What should my next steps be?

Ive noticed fromt he posts that in at least one case the pass, seemed to have been extracted from the dump in plain text. How does one do that? It would save the need to flash.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by champagne_charly View Post
                        Firstly a massive thanks to Knucklegrumble to making this available and all the support i see that has been offered.

W541. With only Supervisor Pass.
                        dumped using EZP2019. 2 or 3 files for each
                        Patched and wrote and verified.
                        Booted no cmos bat, tape over tamper switch

Result no screen. Unsure about beeps or music as no speakers are connected.
                        Fan starts up, shuts down and then fan on, Fan stays on but no other signs of life.

I panicked a little in fear that it was a 3x duff dumps. so i re flashed original 32bit 4mb dump to chip. It booted just fine. So i guess its not corrupt or is it?

I read further and thought i would try the ME Clean starting with Me analyzer. However, I tried and get error "file does not contain intel engine/....." I tired to combine the 4 & 8mb but fear i made a mess of that by using notepad++ and copying and pasting.

Too be honest i've go to the point where im a bit stuck. Can anyone suggest some pointers.

Attached are the original 4 +8 mb dumps plus the patched 4mb dump.

What should my next steps be?

Ive noticed fromt he posts that in at least one case the pass, seemed to have been extracted from the dump in plain text. How does one do that? It would save the need to flash.
                        Try this new file from your orig Backup ....
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Markus1741 View Post
                          Try this new file from your orig Backup ....
                          Thanks Markus,

Am i right that both 4mb files in the zip are identical to both 4mb in my rar? Ie both the original (obviously) and the patched.
                          So i do not need to reflash the 4mb file.

The changes i see are to the 8mb file? And there seem to be quite a lot of changes within.
                          so from what you have given me id only need to flash the 8mb/64bit chip ?

Comment

Hello,
                            You sent me wrong answer.
                            Maybe you would send to someone else.
                            I have Lenovo Thinkpad T450 , not HP.

Comment

Hello,
                              You sent me wrong answer.
                              Maybe you would send to someone else.
                              I have Lenovo Thinkpad T450 , not HP.
                              The way to get a dump from the bios chip is the same regardless of the laptop brand/manufacturer.

Comment

I still don't understand.
                                This topik name is "bios auto patcher"
                                What you sent to me is:
                                Not bios auto patched
                                Not Lenovo
                                And I cannot see how it is answer to my question.

Why you just not write the answer?
                                You send links which confusing more to me.
                                English is not my native language, and I have dialectic.
                                Two together not the best to understand the readed things.
                                to me hard to understand the enigmas.

I read the link what you sent, that links me here.
                                Here I read the first post too.
                                But I have questions, because it is not clear to me.

How I understand:
                                I have to buy a clip programmer, but be carefull to not buy this and that. -- this is the first thing which confused me.
                                Now which one? UK ebay I search but not sure which one.
                                After I have to install python. - easy
                                After run that 1 line code -easy

But where to run? On the laptop which have pasword on the bios?
                                So why I need to buy something if not use?
                                If I have to use how?
                                From another laptop? From raspberry pi?
                                Because on youtube everybody do different.

This is why I asked about tutorial.
                                You know how to, so you know which one is correct.

But you send me link to somewhere, where is a link to somewhere...so confusing.

I bought this laptop to study, because I don't have money for a new one. But I cannot install operating system, because it start only from hdd, and cannot change because of the password.
                                So I have to install an operating system somehow.

So please help me with it.
                                Thank you.

Comment

I still don't understand...
                                  Buy a programmer -> read the bios chip (of the locked laptop) with the programmer -> save the file -> patch the file using "Lenovo auto-patcher -> follow the [ HOW TO USE THE PATCHED FILE ] instructions in post #1 -> done.

Comment

So please help me with it.
                                    Thank you.
                                    Let me try to help you a bit, before you commit to buying anything. If your laptop starts and is trying to boot from HDD, that is a good sign already. You're not locked out completely with power-on password. So your password in only resticting you bios access, right? In this case you will most likely be able to just install OS and use it, no need to buy CH341a with a clip. Just use another PC to create a bootable USB stick with the OS (use Windows Media Creation tool for example). Then connect it your T450. If your boot order hasn't been changed from the default on and your HDD has no OS, you laptop will start the installer from the USB automatically. If not, you can press F12 when you see Lenovo logo with the text underneath. From there you will see available boot options. Choose your USB and proceed with the installation.
                                    If your boot order has been changed or locked - you can use another PC/laptop to start Win installation. Just disconnect all drives from it and proceed until the first reboot. Then you can put your HDD into T450 and finish the process there. On first reboot all files are already on your drive and USB is not needed.
                                    If you ever decide to remove the pass, you will need CH341a with a clip and another machine with Windows or Linux to read dump, apply patch and flash the dump back.
                                    I hope this helps

Comment

First of all thank you so much to everyone for helping.

I tried to boot from usb, but it is locked.
                                      Even if I push F12.
                                      I cannot change hdd or any parts, because the laptop beeping and turn off.

The Windows install with another computer is a good idea.

But I don't know what else locked with the bios.

After Vesko356 I understand how it is working.
                                      And Zalman told what should I have to buy.
                                      So if the install not working, or something blocked I have to try to unlock.

Till than thank you one more fro the help.

Comment

Amazing tool, thank you.

Little info for other users that might be helpful.
                                        I was having really hard time to get laptop working with patched bios, almost lost faith.

IF LAPTOP DOES NOT BOOT WITH PATCHED BIOS, TRY TO ERASE IC EVERY TIME BEFORE WRITING PATCHED OR ORIGINAL DUMP. DO NOT OVERWRITE IT. IT ONLY WORKED FOR ME THIS WAY.

X1 Carbon 3rd gen btw.

Comment

Hello,
                                          I think I try to patch the bios, because not easy to find someone who let it to disassemble his laptop to swap hdd for start Windows install with my hdd.

I ordered the programmer, and try to prepare.
                                          - I cannot found bios.bin file on lenovo site.
                                          Lenovo said I have to use exe file from them site.
                                          But exe is not goid.
                                          How can I found .bin file?

And I don't understand what this means in the how to guide:
                                          "Attention, before continuing with the PART 3, please check the content of the backup file.

You can compare the backup file with the original bios file from manufacturer site, using one hex editor software.

The contents of the files is not the same but it is very similar."
                                          If it is not the same how should I know is it good or not?

How to guide link /you shared with me/:
                                          https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/gu...rammer/32948/2

Comment

Working...
                                          X