X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Hi awesome badcaps community,

I've also tried to patch the file.

Unfortunately, it complains about my file. I've made a backup 3 times, compared all files and also verified the backups with:
    Code:
    flashrom --verify
    Is someone else able to patch it?

Best
    syscall
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-26-2023, 12:32 PM.
    Behind every successful Coder there an even more successful DeCoder to understand that code - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by syscall View Post
      Hi awesome badcaps community,

I've also tried to patch the file.

Unfortunately, it complains about my file. I've made a backup 3 times, compared all files and also verified the backups with:
      Code:
      flashrom --verify
      Is someone else able to patch it?

Best
      syscall
      Try this file ...
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Markus1741 View Post
        Try this file ...
        Hi @Markus1741,

thank you very much for your support. I'll try out the file.
        Did I something wrong or have you patched it manually?
        Behind every successful Coder there an even more successful DeCoder to understand that code - Anonymous

Comment

Hi @Markus1741,

thank you very much for your support. I'll try out the file.
          Did I something wrong or have you patched it manually?
          Hello, I can't say that because I don't use Microsoft to create patches.

Greetings to Switzerland.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Markus1741; 12-05-2022, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Hello, I can't say that because I don't use Microsoft to create patches.

Greetings to Switzerland.
            Strange, I also used a debian machine. But good to know that the script is working with my binary. I will investigate what might went wrong. Maybe will also apply your nice German translations. :-)

BTW: The patch worked like a charm. Thanks again!

Greetings to Bavaria

Comment

Strange, I also used a debian machine. But good to know that the script is working with my binary. I will investigate what might went wrong. Maybe will also apply your nice German translations. :-)

BTW: The patch worked like a charm. Thanks again!

Greetings to Bavaria
              Me be that helps in Debian GNU-Linux ...

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...&postcount=358

Comment

Hello, nice that it works. I know the resistor is type 0201 and is very difficult to solder without a microscope.

This happens very often in this forum that the resistances are broken off, and then suddenly nothing works.
                I guess it comes with experience – you see the symptom and immediately know the common cause

In such a case it is often better to solder fine wires to pin 1,2,4,5,6,8 it is much safer.
                I will (or use a clip)… if I ever have to do it again (which I doubt, but who knows)

Greetings to Poland
                Thanks Markus, and greetings to Germany!

Comment

Me be that helps in Debian GNU-Linux ...

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...&postcount=358
                  Unfortunately, I'd already the permissions set.

The issue was caused by some files I forgot to remove from the DXE folder after experimenting. Shame on me.

As I've read in this thread that I was not the only one who ran into this issue.

To give something back to this awesome community and thread, I've adjusted the script a little bit:
                  * Added support for MacOS.
                  * Added a README.md with the content of the TO's first post.
                  * Added some additional information to the user when he runs in a similar issue.

Hope it helps someone to prevent future (layer 8 ) issues.
                  Attached Files

Comment

The issue was caused by some files I forgot to remove from the DXE folder after experimenting. Shame on me.

As I've read in this thread that I was not the only one who ran into this issue.

To give something back to this awesome community and thread, I've adjusted the script a little bit:
                    * Added some additional information to the user when he runs in a similar issue.

Zip file error.
                    Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                    Become a Badcaps supporter
                    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                    Thanks to all supporters.
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Hello, thank you for your work.
                      The following happened to me too, apparently no one cares.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...postcount=2073

IMPORTANT: Before applying the patch make sure you verify that your original image is not corrupted by dumping 1 or 2 additional images from your bios chip and comparing them. The original dump is THE ONLY WAY to recover your machine if something goes wrong!

It is not uncommon for users to accidentally delete or otherwise lose their original backup. And then what ...

Comment

IMPORTANT: Before applying the patch make sure you verify that your original image is not corrupted by dumping 1 or 2 additional images from your bios chip and comparing them. The original dump is THE ONLY WAY to recover your machine if something goes wrong!

It is not uncommon for users to accidentally delete or otherwise lose their original backup. And then what ...
                        Look ...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                          Zip file error.
                          Sorry, I zipped it again. Can you try it again please?
                          Unfortunately, I couldn't find a way to edit my previous post.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Do you mean we should show a warning before patching the file or just adjusting the message of the --howto flag and in the README?

Comment

can this work on 9th gen lenovo?

Comment

Originally posted by paulyboy View Post
                                can this work on 9th gen lenovo?
                                I don't think so (if you mean with gen9 the X1 Carbon). Because it has also the 11th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 and Markus1741 mentioned that only 4th to 8th gen of Intel CPUs are supported:

Hello,
                                Unfortunately this is not possible the Autopatcher only works from the 4th Gen to 8th Gen
                                You have.
                                11th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-1185G7 vPro®

Comment

Originally posted by lapfix View Post
                                  Maybe someone give me help !
                                  I try this patch with Lenovo thinkpad x390 yoga , when first try the patched file the lap is on for 10 seconds ( black screen) than off, than on whith a continious beep ( always black screen ).
                                  this my main dump
                                  i have same problem any help..?

here my original file

Comment

Originally posted by artani View Post
                                    i have same problem any help..?

here my original file
                                    Hi artani,

Have you tried to flash it again? Did you hold (or taped) down the temper switches and removed the hard disk for the whole patch process?

Comment

Hi,
                                      I've patched many and never had any problems, bu now I have T550 adn I have a problem with patching my file. I got:

Using UEFIReplace to inject 2 DXE drivers...
                                      [1/2] BootOption (GUID e0746c42-d3f9-4f8b-b211-1410957b9ff5)
                                      [2/2] LenovoTranslateService (GUID 826bcf56-bac4-43f4-8ea1-8cdf0a121abd)

Looking for volumes to patch...
                                      [1/1] NVRAM_EfiSystemNvDataFvGuid (checksum 2609h):
                                      Not found... Skipping.

Done.

PATCH FILE: T550_oryginal_PATCHED.bin

Good luck.

Using autopatcher_0.3
                                      Tried drag and drop inot the "Autopatch.py".

Laptop stops on "ThinkPad To interrupt normal startup, press Enter", but when I press Enter nothing happens. Any solutions?

Comment

Originally posted by zerbatin View Post
                                        Hi,
                                        I've patched many and never had any problems, bu now I have T550 adn I have a problem with patching my file. I got:

Using UEFIReplace to inject 2 DXE drivers...
                                        [1/2] BootOption (GUID e0746c42-d3f9-4f8b-b211-1410957b9ff5)
                                        [2/2] LenovoTranslateService (GUID 826bcf56-bac4-43f4-8ea1-8cdf0a121abd)

Looking for volumes to patch...
                                        [1/1] NVRAM_EfiSystemNvDataFvGuid (checksum 2609h):
                                        Not found... Skipping.

Done.

PATCH FILE: T550_oryginal_PATCHED.bin

Good luck.

Using autopatcher_0.3
                                        Tried drag and drop inot the "Autopatch.py".

Laptop stops on "ThinkPad To interrupt normal startup, press Enter", but when I press Enter nothing happens. Any solutions?

Hello, I had the exact same problem with the same model.

I think it is due to a corrupted ME region in the original BIOS file.

At that time nobody wanted to help me either, I'll try it once.

Greetings to Poland.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...postcount=1278
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Hello, I had the exact same problem with the same model.

I think it is due to a corrupted ME region in the original BIOS file.

At that time nobody wanted to help me either, I'll try it once.

Greetings to Poland.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...postcount=1278
                                          Unfortunately it didn't change anything, it's still hanging on a black screen.

Anyway, thank you very much for your efforts/time and greetings to you my German neighbor.

Comment

Working...
                                          X