serial number ?
    sn pf146rwb

Comment

Re: lenovo IdeaPad S145 bios needed

Originally posted by Subhasish91
      S/n pf146rwb
      S145-15IWL Laptop (ideapad) - Type 81MV
      Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
      Become a Badcaps supporter
      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
      Thanks to all supporters.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
        Still Same issue No Display

Comment

Originally posted by Subhasish91 View Post
          Still Same issue No Display
          Move on to finding hardware problems

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
          Become a Badcaps supporter
          >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
          Thanks to all supporters.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Hello, can someone please help me in this case. I bought replacement board for s145-15iwl but seller from Aliexpress sent me s145-14iwl board.
            Laptop works, but not numeric pad and delete key. (Insert behaves as Delete).
            I understand why, because 14" model has compact keyboard with power button placed on "delete" key location.

Since both models are covered by same BIOS on Lenovo website, I wonder how is differed which one is 14" and which one is 15" model? Is there some fixed part of BIOS where that is set in factory, or that can be hacked/tricked to work? Or you need to enter Product or MTM (because now is empty)

I read about some BIOS advanced menu, but I found no way to access such menu on this board.
            Any help is appreciated, especially from people who have experience with this.

Comment

Originally posted by lokz View Post
              Hello, can someone please help me in this case. I bought replacement board for s145-15iwl but seller from Aliexpress sent me s145-14iwl board.
              Laptop works, but not numeric pad and delete key. (Insert behaves as Delete).
              I understand why, because 14" model has compact keyboard with power button placed on "delete" key location.

Since both models are covered by same BIOS on Lenovo website, I wonder how is differed which one is 14" and which one is 15" model? Is there some fixed part of BIOS where that is set in factory, or that can be hacked/tricked to work? Or you need to enter Product or MTM (because now is empty)

I read about some BIOS advanced menu, but I found no way to access such menu on this board.
              Any help is appreciated, especially from people who have experience with this.
              I don't think the bios is the problem... I think you have to change the keyboard too... if the boards are similar, from the socket on the motherboard and the I/O chip... (routes)....
              Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by CA50 View Post
                Thanks a lot. Can anyone please explain the what DMI offset means?
                Can I just burn the ROM chip with the downloaded image ?

Did you manage to install it without the DMI?

Hello, what does DMI mean?

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                have bios in bin format of lenovo ideapad s145-15API (motherboard: GS440&GS540 NMC511 REV-1)
                Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-06-2023, 04:00 PM. Reason: Merged 3 seperate posts

Comment

Originally posted by illiantech View Post
                  Did you manage to install it without the DMI?

Hello, what does DMI mean?
                  The serial number,windows key.

Originally posted by illiantech View Post
                  have bios in bin format of lenovo ideapad s145-15API (motherboard: GS440&GS540 NMC511 REV-1)
                  If you`ve made a good backup you`ll find everything you need to make a new bios with your DMI at post 342

Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-25-2023, 11:26 AM.
                  All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

lenovo IdeaPad S145-15IWL bios needed

Hello,
                    I need an updated Bios. Power LED is blinking. Attached the read out Bios.

Bios/EC Version: ASCN39WW
                    MTM: 81MV014QGE
                    Serial number: PF214HF1

Thanks a lot
                    Attached Files

Comment

Re: lenovo IdeaPad S145-15IWL bios needed

Originally posted by Necklace View Post
                      Hello,
                      I need an updated Bios. Power LED is blinking. Attached the read out Bios.

Bios/EC Version: ASCN39WW
                      MTM: 81MV014QGE
                      Serial number: PF214HF1

Thanks a lot
                      you`ll find everything you need to make a new bios with your DMI at post 342
                      Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-25-2023, 11:25 AM.
                      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Already tasted. Continues to blink. Video was there before. Laptop is but always regularly rebooted so every 10 seconds. Battery charges normally without interruption. Could call Bios but after the 10 seconds always reboot the laptop. So no Biosupdate possible via Windows. Therefore tried to flash. Chip can be written normally and also read out again. But comes when writing verifity error at 00000022 or 00000042. Already tried different Bioschips when writing. Therefore, I thought I'm doing something wrong with the Bios bin creation.

Translated with www.********/Translator (free version)
                        Last edited by Vesko356; 10-07-2023, 12:05 PM. Reason: External advertising url removed.

Comment

Thanks for the detailed guide!!! it helped me recover my Lenovo.
                          Last edited by ehud0406; 11-09-2023, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Hello.
                            Lenovo S145-15API 81UT, gs440&gs540 nmc511 rev 1.0

The laptop's LED was flashing and it wouldn't boot. I uploaded the bios from the Internet and the laptop started up. Unfortunately, I can't cope with copying DMI to the new bios. Can anyone find the DMI in the old bios?

EDIT

sn PF1XDE5K
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Dominiks1980; 11-25-2023, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominiks1980 View Post
                              Hello.
                              Lenovo S145-15API 81UT, gs440&gs540 nmc511 rev 1.0

The laptop's LED was flashing and it wouldn't boot. I uploaded the bios from the Internet and the laptop started up. Unfortunately, I can't cope with copying DMI to the new bios. Can anyone find the DMI in the old bios?
                              You must post the laptop serial number - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...before-posting
                              Is the bios you attached the original one,the DMI is corrupt.Find another S145-15API bios in this thread to use with someone elses DMI in it (and the windows key),the laptop will work.If you want to change it try the U1 tool and Thinkpad config info utility - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...ls#post1622424

Comment

I added the serial number to the post
                                The bios that I attached to the post is a bios downloaded from a laptop, I don't know if it is original. Searching for the serial number in the hex editor does not find it. Could this not be the original bios?

Comment

I added the serial number to the post
                                  The bios that I attached to the post is a bios downloaded from a laptop, I don't know if it is original. Searching for the serial number in the hex editor does not find it. Could this not be the original bios?
                                  The DMI is encrypted so you can`t see the serial in the bios.The Offsets are 1000 - 2FFF ,starts with the word LENV. Sorry i didn`t look at it more carefully earlier,it looked like it was empty but there is some code there.If you want to copy the DMI yourself you`ll find everything you need at post 342
                                  Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-25-2023, 10:33 AM.

Comment

I already copied 1000 - 2FFF before adding the post, unfortunately it didn't help.

Comment

In post 326:

"The DMI and Key is at these offsets DMI 520000 - 5207FF , Key 62D000 - 62D03F"

Only it's not in my bios 5207FF and 62D03F

Comment

In post 326:

"The DMI and Key is at these offsets DMI 520000 - 5207FF , Key 62D000 - 62D03F"

Only it's not in my bios 5207FF and 62D03F
                                        I edited my post ,its at post 342 now,that post used to be at 326 ,two threads might have been merged together. Anyway here`s your bios + DMI .If its not wiorking you can try older versions ,and if they don`t work you have a hardware problem

Click image for larger version

Name:	BUCN33WW.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	3153792

Comment

The bios I added to the post does not work. This is the bios that was in the laptop. I searched the Internet and downloaded the BIOS which works. Now I want to experience DMI from the Bios that I added to the post, to the BIOS from the Internet that works.

Comment

Working...
                                          X