Originally posted by narsil View Post
    Plz i need to clear bios password for lenovo thinkpad T470...thanks
    ok
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad T470 bios password decrypt

Hi. Thank you in advance.
      I have 2 t470 identical once.
      Both have supervisor password and now I cant set date and time etc.
      One I was able to patch it with Lenovo patcher the other one
      when bios file patched gets stuck on Lenovo start-up screen - give no output to keyboard internal or external and I can't do anything but when reflashes with original bios it starts to work like normal - still with password as i could not execute the patched bios.
      I even tryed to load patched bios file from the one I succeeded with but still same behaviour.
      Could anyone explain this to me and / or just remove the SP from attached dump please?
      I really appreciate your time and effort in it - I'm just to stupid do manage on my own so have MERCY!
      Thank you once again.
      My best regards
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ecolaptop View Post
        Hi. Thank you in advance.
        I have 2 t470 identical once.
        Both have supervisor password and now I cant set date and time etc.
        One I was able to patch it with Lenovo patcher the other one
        when bios file patched gets stuck on Lenovo start-up screen - give no output to keyboard internal or external and I can't do anything but when reflashes with original bios it starts to work like normal - still with password as i could not execute the patched bios.
        I even tryed to load patched bios file from the one I succeeded with but still same behaviour.
        Could anyone explain this to me and / or just remove the SP from attached dump please?
        I really appreciate your time and effort in it - I'm just to stupid do manage on my own so have MERCY!
        Thank you once again.
        My best regards
        OK so I'm stupid and I completely forgot the fact that to get in you need to press F1 as it boots up lolol. It is not like I do this first time but for some reason I just left it without pressing awaiting post screen lol. I'm stupid - good that nobody replied that would be awkward lol.
        This worked 2nd time now so I thank you once again.

Comment

plsss remove password t470
          Last edited by badola; 08-29-2023, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by badola View Post
            plsss remove password t470
            Read this,you can unlock it yourself - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

My son bought a T470 on ebay and it came Supervisor password locked in the bios. I pulled the bios and attached it, but I am totally lost on how to remove the password. Does anybody have the ability to fix the bios for me or step me like a newb through the process please?

Thanks!
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wiltd View Post
                My son bought a T470 on ebay and it came Supervisor password locked in the bios. I pulled the bios and attached it, but I am totally lost on how to remove the password. Does anybody have the ability to fix the bios for me or step me like a newb through the process please?

Thanks!
                Read post #125 and the rules
                RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*
                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                Become a Badcaps supporter
                >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                Thanks to all supporters.
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by wiltd View Post

Thanks!
                  Read this page ...

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...52&postcount=1

Or this YouTube video ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ypCYSxbxyY
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Markus1741; 09-09-2023, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Hello wonderful group, I need your wise advice, to start, thanks to you, I have finally managed to remove the administrator lock from my Lenovo T470 and it now allows me to modify the bios, now my problem is that when I connect the SSD m2 PCI NVME hard drive immediately The password lock appears, but when I turn on the PC without said hard drive there, it does let me enter the bios or execute USB boot, when I do the process to install the operating system, it does not recognize the hard drive, is there a way I can format and thus be able to install the operating system?

In an improvised way, using a mechanical external hard drive, I was able to install the operating system but only with that external hard drive installed. I would like your advice so I can use it in the normal way. I thank you very much for your attention and I hope for your help and suggestions to try to to be able to use my computer correctly.

Comment

Thank you Markus1741 for pointing me in the correct direction. I followed those instructions for the autopatcher, his script needed some chmod'in and an alias in bashrc to make python in his scripts run as python3 but then I got it to spit out my file. A diff on my file to yours show a match! Thank you for helping me learn how to do this!

Next time my kid's home from college with that laptop we'll follow the rest of the steps and hopefully it goes well I'll try to remember to report on it then.

Comment

frphpaz, I don't know what I'm doing yet with the BIOS unlocking, but the guide says after you flash the patched rom/bin and remove the password you need to flash your original rom/bin back on. Did you do that?

Also, a drive won't show up if your laptop BIOS drive setting is set to use intel rapid storage technology (IRST)/optane you can't boot a generic windows build from microsoft without adding the IRST drivers to the boot and image wim files. Easiest to change to AHCI for your drive in the BIOS and try again. Or get an OS image from the original manufacturer if they offer it.

Comment

Thanks guys, my son's T470P worked using those directions!

Comment

Hello friends!!!! Please help me remove the password for Lenovo T470 CT470 u32. Bios subtracted CH341...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Vlas196 View Post
                              Hello friends!!!! Please help me remove the password for Lenovo T470 CT470 u32. Bios subtracted CH341...
                              Read posts 125 and 127 !!!

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Post # 128 actually is the useful one, follow that guide/video for help, let me know if and where you get stuck with those steps.

Markus1741 was most helpful....

Comment

try
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello Eveyone Please i need help to unlock Thinkpad T470.
                                    I have tried The AutoPatcher but i get melody tone without display
                                    and i tried extract bios region from a patched bios but no luck no display
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by shiriff47 View Post
                                      Post the serial number

RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*
                                      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570

Comment

@SMDFlea
                                        Thinkpad T470
                                        TYPE : 20JN-S1C700
                                        S/N: PF-0VSCVS 17/11
                                        P/N : SL10M95114

Comment

Originally posted by shiriff47 View Post
                                          So you visited the following link:
                                          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...52&postcount=1

1)And got python downloaded and installed first?

2)Downloaded the autopatcher zip?
                                          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...2&d=1597843816

3)Unzipped the files and opened a command prompt (type "cmd" without the quotes in the address bar of the explorer windows showing the unzip files and hit "enter")

4)Copied your BIOS rom/bin file to the folder and typed:
                                          autopatch <your_bios_image.ext>

5)looked for an output file similar to:
                                          your_bios_image_PATCHED.ext

Let me know where you are stuck in that. If you got that far make sure you follow step 1-9 after that bearing in mind the NOTES section if you have trouble

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                          X