Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ASUS ROG GX531GW BIOS Request

Originally posted by peste View Post
    bios extracted from the Asus site update..
    thankyou for your effort, but but i already have that one and dont know what to do with that, i can only extract bios region from that , other --- dont know.. . . . . . i have cleaned ME region, PMC region and put the latest bios on it but without modifying discriptor regon or changing its S/N , bios is not working , thats what i feel so... ; so i just want the bios with the s/n on it or whatever the input may require. . .since i dont have backup bios of old one so my summerized question is like.............. what to do when you change PCH , what modified bios we need ? . . . again thankyou soo much for your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzn123 View Post
      thankyou for your effort, but but i already have that one and dont know what to do with that, i can only extract bios region from that , other --- dont know.. . . . . . i have cleaned ME region, PMC region and put the latest bios on it but without modifying discriptor regon or changing its S/N , bios is not working , thats what i feel so... ; so i just want the bios with the s/n on it or whatever the input may require. . .since i dont have backup bios of old one so my summerized question is like.............. what to do when you change PCH , what modified bios we need ? . . . again thankyou soo much for your time.
      you only have to write it on the bios chip... you don't have to delete anything on it .. it's the virgin bios..
      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Anyone , please hep me with the bios. laptop turns on , takes 1.3 Amp , but no display. . i dont have the backup bios, i tried cleaning ME region with the backup bios from the internet but no good result. all voltages are OK to me , dont know what is the fault so first i wanna make sure bios is ok, then i can go back to board again, if same problem .. . . . so please someone rebuild fresh working bios with this serial number .. . . . and can can anyone share their dump file/ working bios backup of GX531GS with us??? please

Model - GX531GS-AH76
        S/N - J9NRCV029123394
        CN - JL52
        MFD - 2018-09
        Perhaps this BIOS will help you, try it.

If it doesn't work, take an image for any QR code/Bar code sticker on the motherboard and post it here.
        Attached Files
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
        all donations are welcome,
        see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
        >>>>>
        click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
          Perhaps this BIOS will help you, try it.

If it doesn't work, take an image for any QR code/Bar code sticker on the motherboard and post it here.

thankyou so much for your effort , and , but its similar to above GX531-F1 image which i have already tried, but still it does not hurt to try again. . .. will try and let you know . . till then here are the QR image and also MEanalyzer error for that bios , could be the reason for not working . . . thankyou again.
          Attached Files

Comment

thankyou so much for your effort , and , but its similar to above GX531-F1 image which i have already tried, but still it does not hurt to try again. . .. will try and let you know . . till then here are the QR image and also MEanalyzer error for that bios , could be the reason for not working . . . thankyou again.
            Just try my file and see what will happen. You got errors by ME Analyzer because you are using an old version. This isn't the correct QR code, search for another one, it could be on a sticker or printed on the board.
            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
            all donations are welcome,
            see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
            >>>>>
            click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<

Comment

Just try my file and see what will happen. You got errors by ME Analyzer because you are using an old version. This isn't the correct QR code, search for another one, it could be on a sticker or printed on the board.
              OMG , my life was a lie, i thought i was using the latest , didnt check. and luckily version r329 just been arrived, so that means you too now using old version. . . .
              .. and thanks alot. .. . . . i will give it a try. . . . abd about QR, i dont see anywhere else, just many barcodes. .which i share here . . .
              and if someone have (board view) brd version of this motherboard- GX531GS, please share. i could only find the pdf version which makes it difficult to find the connections.
              thanks again. have a great time. . .
              Attached Files

Comment

and if someone have (board view) brd version of this motherboard- GX531GS, please share. i could only find the pdf version which makes it difficult to find the connections.
                All schematic and/or boardview requests should be placed at "Schematic Requests ONLY!" sub-forum, so make your request in the thread where you "found the pdf version" as well, not here!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                Become a Badcaps supporter
                >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                Thanks to all supporters.​
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

NO luck . . my problem is similar to https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84282 i guess. . but i dont have proper bios to verify if its PCH or bios. . .

same condition like him, all PWRGD voltage checked ok, PCH is turning suer hot to touch while starting, , 1.05VSUS voltage for PCH is ok but its 40ohm resistance to the groung, unlike another acer nitro 5 with similar PCH has 1kohm resistance to the ground . . is it ok?

he is lucky to find doner board, which i dont have .

i cant request brd here, . but i would like to request bios file from working motherboard or similar board. i want to make sure its not the bios , before moving on to PCH
                  and what i dont understand is the bios is 128mb but the bios file is 16mb , , am i missing something? . . please help.

thankyou

Comment

and what i dont understand is the bios is 128mb but the bios file is 16mb , , am i missing something? . . please help.
                    128 Megabits flash memory chip = 128 Megabits (Mb) = 16,384 KiloBytes (KB)

16,384 KiloBytes (KB)=16 MegaBytes (MB)
                    1 MB = 1,024 KB

All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                    Become a Badcaps supporter
                    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                    Thanks to all supporters.​
                    Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

ohh is it in megabits (Mb). . . Ohhhhhh lord where is my brain at. . this problem is killing my brain cells but i dont wanna give up. . trying again, keep learning... its addicting

hope someone making right bios for me to try again . . . .

Comment

Working...
                      X