mec 16xx dump with info block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wangbreeze View Post
    Sharing my experience. I have two t490 that need svp removal. I have the rt809f programmer.

the first one did not give me problems. Read erase write and svp is gone.

however, the second one I cannot even recognize the mec chip. The programmer reported 0xCDCDCDCD as the mec chip id. This is the same as if the chip is disconnected from the programmer (i actually tried it with out any pins attached to the programmer, it also reported this chip id).

I wonder what could be the cause of this discrepancy in the chips response. The one without problem has it's BIOS dated back to 2021 while the one giving me problems has BIOS dating back to 2022 (so it's newer).

anyone can help? Thanks.
    Turned out to be the programmer issue. The RT809F I have worked on the first machine but stopped working on the second (showing 0xCDCDCDCD chip id and reading garbage). I used another rt809h and everything works now.

Comment

Originally posted by wangbreeze View Post

did you update the product brand to thinkpad T**?
      Sure. I have successfully entered the brand name. Just like in the photo.
      But every time I start up, the laptop still reports error 2202.
      I don't know what to do anymore
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by vuquanghoanh View Post

Sure. I have successfully entered the brand name. Just like in the photo.
        But every time I start up, the laptop still reports error 2202.
        I don't know what to do anymore
        not 7th gen just 7th
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Nouveau Image bitmap (2).bmp Views:	0 Size:	1.14 MB ID:	3220764
        otherwise use planar service with your serial
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...id#post3220825
        Last edited by Maxpower3; 02-21-2024, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vuquanghoanh View Post
          I have successfully removed EC password. The system has received complete information. But when starting the laptop there is still message 2202: Product name is invalid.
          I used the Gold key to re-enter the information but the problem was not resolved.
          Has anyone solved this problem yet?
          Thanks,
          Change the ec you use. and write another one and enter your information again

Comment

Originally posted by Maxpower3 View Post

not 7th gen just 7th
            Click image for larger version Name:	Nouveau Image bitmap (2).bmp Views:	0 Size:	1.14 MB ID:	3220764
            otherwise use planar service with your serial
            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...id#post3220825
            Thank you so much.
            I have been trying to enter Brand name for 1 week but without success. With your guidance, I succeeded the first time.
            Thank you so much.

Comment

Originally posted by noktabiz View Post

Change the ec you use. and write another one and enter your information again
              I followed Maxpower3's instructions and it worked. Follow him, you will also succeed.
              Let's thank Maxpower3.

Comment

Hello, maybe one of you can help me. I have 2 T14s laptops with board number NM-C891, after soldering the wires and moving the resistor, I still get the message in SVOD 4.

MEC IDCODE: B1240020
                Device ID: 0
                Device Revision: 0
                Device Status: 0
                Flash Status: 0000000000
                Boot Block in not protected mode

the reading is empty every time. I will add that in the X390, where the board is very similar, I managed to do it every time. Maybe someone had a similar problem ?

Comment

Originally posted by mily.gawel View Post
                  Hello, maybe one of you can help me. I have 2 T14s laptops with board number NM-C891, after soldering the wires and moving the resistor, I still get the message in SVOD 4.

MEC IDCODE: B1240020
                  Device ID: 0
                  Device Revision: 0
                  Device Status: 0
                  Flash Status: 0000000000

the reading is empty every time. I will add that in the X390, where the board is very similar, I managed to do it every time. Maybe someone had a similar problem ?
                  I think the chip is locked sometimes. In this case, you cannot read. You would need to erase and write the EC file extracted from Lenovo BIOS update package.

Comment

Unfortunately I tried but it also cannot be cleaned.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxpower3 View Post

try
                      Hey Maxpower3, I've noticed that you've filled with F the blocks from 0x300 to 0x34F. Is this all it takes with all MEC1663 to erase SVP or was this something specific for this user's laptop?
                      I've screwed up a T14 gen1 and now I need to erase the SVP to make it bootable again (0199 System Security error). I'm going to use a Vertyanov JIG V3 for that and I would like to avoid losing all OEM info and windows activation.

Comment

Originally posted by TigTex View Post

Hey Maxpower3, I've noticed that you've filled with F the blocks from 0x300 to 0x34F. Is this all it takes with all MEC1663 to erase SVP or was this something specific for this user's laptop?
                        I've screwed up a T14 gen1 and now I need to erase the SVP to make it bootable again (0199 System Security error). I'm going to use a Vertyanov JIG V3 for that and I would like to avoid losing all OEM info and windows activation.
                        yes 300 to 34F is enough, no loss of DMI information or windows key​
                        just look at the following CON# (43 4F 4E 23 53 00 02 A8 F4) or BC B0 B1 DC AC FF FD 57 0B 02 A8) in Xor version.
                        Same principle for all, can be doubled on certain models​
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by monolith-2001 View Post
                          I have read the EEPROM area of MEC1663.
                          Where and how should I edit the BIN file to remove only the BIOS password?"
                          Thank you in advance.

X1 Carbon Gen8 20UA
                          how you did it bro

Comment

Working...
                          X