X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need bios hp la-e841p

Originally posted by RotVik View Post
    Hello Again, I just flashed BIN from post 7, 08330
    I shows 2 times "Flashing Boot Block" to 100% and then boots, still shows the message "Manufacture Programing mode is in Unlock Mode"
    Also, it wont boot from any HDD, or USB now, it simply jumps to:
    "Boot Device not found"
    Hard Disk (3F0)
    F2 System Diagnostics

If I hit F2 and go to HDD test, it shows SMART Test Pass and show a progress bar, so It is detecting a HDD apparently, It just wont boot from any device

No matter what I plug, HDD or SSD or USB , any advice?
    Try this one, the bios for your exact model (15-bw014la) should be 08332 according to my google fu .You serial etc is included .
    Attached Files
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

No luck, just flashed it and it wont post, no video at all, just led and Fan at full speed, 08330 maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by RotVik View Post
        No luck, just flashed it and it wont post, no video at all, just led and Fan at full speed, 08330 maybe?
        oops,try this one
        Attached Files
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Hi Friends...

HP 15 La-E841P rev:2.0 schematic please...and there is 5 times blinking caps lock Light in the keyboard . anyone resolved
          this issue? there is no any voltage in PLW1, PLV2, PLV1

any one have account..to this site..?
          Last edited by SMDFlea; 08-25-2021, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by prageeth badcaps View Post
            Hi Friends...

HP 15 La-E841P rev:2.0 schematic please...and there is 5 blink caps lock. anyone resolved
            this issue? there is no any voltage in PLW1, PLV2, PLV1
            Originally posted by SMDFlea
            ...do not post bios requests in a schematic thread and vice versa.
            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=98377
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
            Become a Badcaps supporter
            >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
            Thanks to all supporters.​
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
              oops,try this one
              Hello, sorry polfor the long response time, I went with the other working BIn I mentioned earlier as the owner of the laptop wanted it fast, I had no opportunity to test the new Bin you posted, Ill try it in another chance, thankyou again fornyour help, much appreciated!

Comment

Hi guys, I'm hoping it won't be a problem to post so long after the last message, if so, let me know and I'll open a new thread.

I have the same laptop indicated in the first post, and by what I diagnosed the issue is most likely a corrupted bios.

The information of the machine is as fallows:

Model: 15-BW019NP

Motherboard: CTL51/53 LA-E841P
                rev:2.0

Bios Ver. F. 11

SPI IC: WINBOND 25Q64FWIQ

The symptoms:

Pressing the power button, the equipment turns on, doesn't display logo, backlight stays on with no image. Shuts down after a couple of minutes.

Pressing the power button and F9/F10 do their respective functions, althou I can't boot from any external device or disk.

In bios there is an evident anomaly, with or without the internal disk plugged in, the name of the disk IS listed on the booting devices options. Pressing enter over the disk unit in the list shows the name of the disk but totally freezes the bios menu, once even giving a screen artifact that covered the whole screen.

Trying Win+B Bios recovery with the image on the internal disk or a pre-prepared usb flash drive with the bios version on the official website both ends with the message "The system bios recovery failed to verify..." e.t.c.

I do not have a programmer with me right now so I can't make a dump of the file and post it, but in the next 2/3 days I might be able to do it.

I have a question before reflashing the bios, as this isn't one of the most common repairs I make, I lost some information which once had.

I mentioned my SPI IC, the one I intend to solder on my programmer and reflash using one of the dumps available here, but some of the files available also have an EC file, that if I still remember from a similar issue I solved, is the part referent of control kb light, fan speed, special buttons e.t.c.
                But I can't remember how I actually done it. I kinda remember there being 2 ics and flashing both with their respective dump, but as far as I remember (I cannot check right now), there is only one ic in this board.

I would say that I should flash the file "HP 15 bw series LA-E841P Rev2.0.bin" from "HP 15 bw series LA-E841P Rev2.0.rar", but if so what is "HP 15 bw series LA-E841P ENE KB9022Q.bin" used for?

I apologize for the lengthy post. I will deeply appreciate it if you can show me the right way.
                Last edited by Umadbro; 01-07-2022, 04:31 PM. Reason: Adding information

Comment

post the backup copy of the original laptop bios, when you have the programmer .... the EC bios is in the I / O chip.
                  Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                    post the backup copy of the original laptop bios, when you have the programmer .... the EC bios is in the I / O chip.
                    Hi, and thank you for your quick response. I have done a few dumps and compared them using HxD. You can find the dumps in the attachment.

When you say the EC bios is stored in the I/O chip, do you mean the big I/O 128 legs controller? I'm pretty sure I never had to program one of those, I don't even own a programmer for that or had in idea that it could be programmed.

I will assume it is not this ic, although looking at the mb from both sides, I can only find two other SOCs which I'm pretty sure ae there for other reasons.

Please let me know if I can supply any more information, and once more thank you very much for your help.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you very much SMDFlea for the BIOS!

Comment

Originally posted by Umadbro View Post
                        Hi, and thank you for your quick response. I have done a few dumps and compared them using HxD. You can find the dumps in the attachment.

When you say the EC bios is stored in the I/O chip, do you mean the big I/O 128 legs controller? I'm pretty sure I never had to program one of those, I don't even own a programmer for that or had in idea that it could be programmed.

I will assume it is not this ic, although looking at the mb from both sides, I can only find two other SOCs which I'm pretty sure ae there for other reasons.

Please let me know if I can supply any more information, and once more thank you very much for your help.
                        try post # 23 ...
                        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

try post # 23 ...
                          Hi. As suggested I flashed the .bin on post # 23. Unfortunately after soldering back on the motherboard, turning on the laptop gives me 5 long 3 short capslock code.

I made the mistake to solder the ic without removing the CMOS battery I don't think this is the reason for it not to work but I thought it would be best to report it.

Any other options?

Comment

Hi. As suggested I flashed the .bin on post # 23. Unfortunately after soldering back on the motherboard, turning on the laptop gives me 5 long 3 short capslock code.

I made the mistake to solder the ic without removing the CMOS battery I don't think this is the reason for it not to work but I thought it would be best to report it.

Any other options?
                            you probably made a mistake in writing ... take out the chip, and write it down again.

Comment

you probably made a mistake in writing ... take out the chip, and write it down again.
                              I have just done that, and I'm now reading back to compare the writing to the reading.

I'll come back to you straight away to post the results.

Comment

Well you are totally right. Something didn't go well. After flashing I compared the memory in the flash with the file I used, and sure enough they ae different from the first line.

I added some images. Im using a CH341A MinProgrammer. Maybe is the software version I'm using?

*****EDIT***** I DONT WANT TO BE BLOCKED FOR MULTIPLE MESSAGES IN A ROW SO IM EDITING

This time I erased the flash and after writing and comparing it the files are identical.

I put it back in place and the pc is turns on, tries to boot from disk but something is failing so it reboots. Most likely a reinstalation of the O.S. wil fix the issue.

I do have a message as soon as I turn on the laptop which says: "Manufecturer programing mode is in unlock mode"

Is there a way to get rid of it?

And thank you so much for your guidance, you really were a star!!
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Umadbro; 01-11-2022, 12:20 PM. Reason: Adding information

Comment

I do have a message as soon as I turn on the laptop which says: "Manufecturer programing mode is in unlock mode"

Is there a way to get rid of it?

And thank you so much for your guidance, you really were a star!!
                                  Try this bios, your DMI (serial etc) included.

D 31000 - 32FFF
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                                    Try this bios, your DMI (serial etc) included.

D 31000 - 32FFF

Hi, I'm happy you are also able to help me.

I flashed the file you sent me, this time erasing the flash before writing to it again. But for some reason, in the two attempts I made, after comparing the file with the flash, one offset didn't match on both occasions, not in the same place thou, and exclusively that one offset.

I tried it anyway after the second attempt and I got the same result as before, Manufacture mode unlocked, and it does try to boot, thou I believe is still in need of reinstallation.

I guess you corrected the dump so it would fit my serial e.t.c. and I'm also guessing that the Manufacture mode is on whenever the machine doesn't have one?

Just to be sure I'm gonna try it again with another computer and I'll come back with the results.

Comment

After trying it out on another computer it went smooth after the first attempt, and comparison showed that both the file and the memory on the flash were identical.

Once again I get the same message "Manufecturer programing mode is in unlock mode", but I wish to stop wasting your time, so I'm going to follow some instructions I found on the internet referent to the subject. I hope I manage to solve it, but I will post my results at the end. Thank you guys so much you were both amazingly helpful.

Comment

After using the HP Bios Configuration Utility I was able to get rid of the post Message, and Manufacture mode is not unlocked anymore.

I would like to thank peste and SMDFlea for their availability in helping me with finding and correcting the right file to flash the bios on this machine. They truly are masters in what they do.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X