• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please help with unlocking BIOS password from bin file Lenovo X380

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
    Flash using programmer.
    What programmer do you use?

I tried with Intel FPTW64.exe and it says BIOS is locked.
    I tried with AFUDOS from a bootable USB and it says BIOS not recognized.

Maybe a confusion. By programmer did you mean the CH431 Asprogrammer?
    Last edited by Liken; 09-16-2023, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Liken View Post
      What programmer do you use?

I tried with Intel FPTW64.exe and it says BIOS is locked.
      I tried with AFUDOS from a bootable USB and says BIOS not recognized.
      https://www.sflytech.com/English/Pro...986173950.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
      Become a Badcaps supporter
      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
      Thanks to all supporters.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Ah OK, sorry. You were referring to the hardware programmer. CH431A Asprogrammer again.

It's just that I was trying to avoid disassembling the laptop again and inserting the clamp. I thought that now that the laptop starts up I could do it from Operating System.

Comment

X380 Yoga Laptop (ThinkPad) - Type 20LJ

Hi. It works great. With ME and fast boot. Thank you.

For knowledge purposes, how did you make the image?, more or less, with my serial number. Because I was trying the ME cleansing procedure, without much success.

Comment

Hi. It works great. With ME and fast boot. Thank you.

For knowledge purposes, how did you make the image?, more or less, with my serial number. Because I was trying the ME cleansing procedure, without much success.
            I just copied the serial number from the old file.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

I just copied the serial number from the old file.
              First I flashed an image published in this thread from another laptop. ME had problems but Serial Number was preserved. So, is Serial Number outside of the BIOS, somewhere in mainboard?

What image did you use? some standard factory image with clean ME?

Comment

First I flashed an image published in this thread from another laptop. ME had problems but Serial Number was preserved. So, is Serial Number outside of the BIOS, somewhere in mainboard?

What image did you use? some standard factory image with clean ME?
                I think so, too.

Comment

How do you managed to extract the bin bios files please? Only 1mb i managed to extract.
                  thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X