Dell E7450 ZBU11 LA-A963P BIOS DUMP NEEDED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell E7450 ZBU11 LA-A963P BIOS DUMP NEEDED

I have same model laptop.The problem is only hdd detect 320gb,250gb.I want to install 500gb ,SSd all other no detect have idea or face this type problem no detect hdd..
    Also change bios clean me new same..detect only 320gb minimum capacity..

Comment

Originally posted by imranromi View Post
      I have same model laptop.The problem is only hdd detect 320gb,250gb.I want to install 500gb ,SSd all other no detect have idea or face this type problem no detect hdd..
      Also change bios clean me new same..detect only 320gb minimum capacity..
      Did you remove the mSATA bracket. You can install a 2nd drive in the WWAN slot but it has to be m.2 NVME,and it won`t be bootable.
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
        Did you remove the mSATA bracket. You can install a 2nd drive in the WWAN slot but it has to be m.2 NVME,and it won`t be bootable.
        I install 2.5 SSd or hdd.Only work 320gb,250gb hdd.500GB not detect.

Comment

You tried another bios so must be a hardware issue.
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

You tried another bios so must be a hardware issue.
            Yes i thought hardware i have many laptop this model i also use bios but same.Not know why not detect.

Comment

My E7450 doesn't boot up anymore. When pressing the power on button it blinks a few times and the palmrest LEDs show different blinking patterns which suggest issues with the CPU, another time with the GPU and yet another time with memory. The display doesn't go on anymore. I cleared CMOS to no avail, pulled out components like the WIFI card, memory etc.

I have now disassembled it and the main board is in front of me. I tried to dump and write the UC2, UC3 and UV9 with a CH341A (green), CH341A sw v1.34 on Windows 10 and a Pomona SOIC 5250 test clip. As soon as I clip on either the UC2 (Winbond 25Q64FVSIQ) or UC3 (25Q32FVSIQ) the CH341A chip detect button is greyed out and no operation like reading or writing the chip is possible. Just one time I managed to dump the UV9 (MXIC MX25L1006E), but erasing or writing it didn't change the existing contents.

Did any of you guys, in particular reverendalc, manage to flash in-place with a soic clip or do I really have to desolder the chips? Or can it perhaps work by providing enough power to with an external 3V power supply?

Comment

Try AsProgrammer software instead. Choose the hardware first,then choose the chip manually.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...6&postcount=10

Comment

Thanks for the super fast reply. I just tried it. What happens is that if the Pomona clip is connected to either UC2 or UC3, AsProgrammer does not see the CH341A anymore. It says Error connecting CH341(-1). Also the driver unload tune can be heard as soon as I clip on. If the clip is not connected to the IC, AsProgrammer sees the CH341 and it can do a Read IC (of course only returning FFs)

Comment

Remove all power to the board,including the CMOS battery ,try again.If that doesn`t work desolder them.
                    Last edited by SMDFlea; 07-10-2020, 09:56 AM.

Comment

I just connected the CH341 to a powered USB hub and clipped to UV9 and could immediately dump it with AsProgrammer

Will continue after a break...

Comment

EDIT: although the UV9 can be dumped, it can unfortunately not be flashed. And neither UC2 nor UC3 can be detected. So even with the actively powered USB hub, the CH341 cannot provide sufficient power for both the motherboard and the flash ICs. Tomorrow I will try again with a bread board and an external 3V power supply

SMDFlea: did you manage to dump it without desoldering?

Comment

I used an external power supply (Hanmatek HM310P) and could finally program UC2 and UC3

During programming UC2, the power supply provided a current of ~1100mA. Things were totally different for UC3: after attaching the test clip total current was around 1600mA, but during programming only ~36mA !! I have no explanation for that. I had to try at least 20 times before the UC3 was finally correctly recognized by AsProgrammer.

Current programmer: CH341
                          ID(9F): EF4016
                          ID(90): EF15
                          ID(AB): 15
                          ID(15): 6060
                          Old SREG: 00000000(0x00), 00000010(0x02)
                          New SREG: 00000000(0x00), 00000010(0x02)
                          21:17:45
                          Erasing memory...
                          The process can take more than a minute on large flash!
                          Done
                          Execution time: 00:00:06
                          21:17:52
                          Programming memory(verifying)...
                          Done
                          Execution time: 00:02:47
                          21:20:56
                          Reading memory...
                          Done
                          Execution time: 00:00:42
                          CRC32 = 0x41D02182

Now I have to reassemble the laptop and hope that it will boot up again....

Comment

Too bad I am getting a "Memory failed to initialize" diagnostic code

I checked and swapped the memory modules to no avail. Without memory I am getting "no memory detected"

Does anyone have any tips for repairing the mainboard?

Comment

Using known good compatible DDR3L right?
                              OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

I think they are: 2x Hynix 8GB 2Rx8 PC3L - 12800S - 11-13-F3
                                They work fine in another Dell E7440

Looks like I fixed the original problem where I got LED diag codes like "a possible processor failure occurred" and "a possible graphics card/video failure has occurred" by flashing the BIOS ICs uc2/uc3/uv9, but introduced this new "memory initialization" prob. By the way, the built-in display and graphics card test ("BIST") works fine (power on with "D" pressed). If I try the built-in ePSA test by power on with the Fn key pressed, then I get the "memory failed to initialize or memory is unsupported" LED code.

I found the mainboard schematics somewhere else in this forum. I think I should start measuring Vcc voltages (1.35V?). Any other hints and tips are most welcome
                                Last edited by jockyw2001; 07-19-2020, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Here`s UC2 and UC3 with clean ME, also UV9
                                  does this work only on the borad that have gpu mine dosent have i need it

Comment

Here`s UC2 and UC3 with clean ME, also UV9
                                    Every time same result , if SMDFlea post something it just work

Comment

Need Dell Bios E7450 without Service Tag

Hello everyone, i'm looking for Dell Bios E7450 without Service Tag,
                                      please upload if you have.
                                      Regards

Comment

Re: Need Dell Bios E7450 without Service Tag

Post your original bios file.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                        Become a Badcaps supporter
                                        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                        Thanks to all supporters.
                                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Re: Need Dell Bios E7450 without Service Tag

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                                          Post your original bios file.
                                          Please:
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X