Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP Elitebook 840 G2

Originally posted by Tjaytony View Post
    Hello guys, i have an hp 840 g2 that a customer brought in. it wont detect usb connection. i have troubleshooted the components relating to the usb. everything seems fine. now i realized that it initially detects usb connection then after the cmos reset reboot, it wont detect usb connection anymore.

so i decided to bring the case here, may be its bios error. here is my main and ec dump below.
    following up on this, one of the dumps posted here worked and usb connection is workinf fine now. but its showing machine not in commited state, and it takes several seconds to boot up. could anyone work on my own bios main dump/backup.

Comment

following up on this, one of the dumps posted here worked and usb connection is workinf fine now. but its showing machine not in commited state, and it takes several seconds to boot up. could anyone work on my own bios main dump/backup.
      What is your serial number? The original file you posted is from the HP EliteBook 850 G2 Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) with serial number: 5CG5400FK2.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
      Become a Badcaps supporter
      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
      Thanks to all supporters.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

thats a terrible mistake on my end. yes its 850 g2. serial number is 5CG5400FK2

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
          What is your serial number? The original file you posted is from the HP EliteBook 850 G2 Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) with serial number: 5CG5400FK2.
          I will check 850 g2 forum maybe i could find a dump there. or if you could help fix my own bios dump

Comment

I will check 850 g2 forum maybe i could find a dump there. or if you could help fix my own bios dump
            Here
            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...38&postcount=5

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
            Become a Badcaps supporter
            >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
            Thanks to all supporters.
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Hello!
              Have in hands abandoned:
              elitebook 840 g2
              sn 5cg6266w84
              pcid a3009d510303

bios with password

tried to reset it with hp_unlock tool and rcunlocker - w/o result. lap turns on after battery attached and blinks

chip was desoldered from m/b and read twice, dump attached. Read with ch431 clamp (desoldered, don't have nest for it) with settings 26/26 spi flash, winbond, w25q128fv (same written on bios)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JNM...ew?usp=sharing
              https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g-i...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Originally posted by toha-1 View Post
                Hello!
                Have in hands abandoned:
                elitebook 840 g2
                sn 5cg6266w84
                pcid a3009d510303

bios with password

tried to reset it with hp_unlock tool and rcunlocker - w/o result. lap turns on after battery attached and blinks

chip was desoldered from m/b and read twice, dump attached. Read with ch431 clamp (desoldered, don't have nest for it) with settings 26/26 spi flash, winbond, w25q128fv (same written on bios)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JNM...ew?usp=sharing
                https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g-i...ew?usp=sharing
                post the original bios here not on another site..
                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

ok but when i am trying to upload it doesn't works

Comment

Trying to unlock a BIOS but made a quite a mess here,

First of all I did not disconnected my cmos battery while dumping, dumped files are attached. Also while I was trying to figure it out probably erased the small chip. Now if I want to reprogram it (desoldered) it says verification error. Picture 1 (small chip, 2mb)

If I use latest AsProgrammer 2.0 as stated in this thread for the 16mb chip and when I try to program it with my HPUnlocker unlocked or some of the unlocked roms in this thread, I noticed erasing goes VERY fast. But write verify takes time. And flash succeeds. Picture 2 (16mb chip)

So I have both chips desoldered, I have dumps for two. When I put them back on laptop laptop goes into rebooting loop. No display.

Obviously something wrong here, why I cannot reprogram the small chip with the original dump?

And why I have a problem of with the 16mb chip?

Thanks
                    Attached Files

Comment

My problem is solved. Issue was the lazy soldering job. Also I will attach the image that worked for me. After reprogramming chip log in to bios as a guest user, surprisingly create an admin account, login to that account and delete existing accounts. Also remove the password for the admin. Voila!

Thanks for the original poster for the BIOS also I used Colibri as programmer. Thanks again for the poster of Colibri. It worked without any errors. I will attach that too.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello.
                        I have trouble after trying to remove my password.
                        I didn't check the original file with the bios save...
                        And now I have bios with FF's
                        After all I've got caps & num lock blinks, fan rotates at full speed & the screen is black.
                        I've tried bios from #153 - it's the same.
                        Can someone give me a hint what do now?

Patient:
                        HP 840 G2
                        BIOS: Winbond 25Q128FVSQ

I was using Neoprogrammer 2.2.0.10 & CH341A 1.4

Comment

Originally posted by kreatywny View Post
                          Hello.
                          I have trouble after trying to remove my password.
                          I didn't check the original file with the bios save...
                          And now I have bios with FF's
                          After all I've got caps & num lock blinks, fan rotates at full speed & the screen is black.
                          I've tried bios from #153 - it's the same.
                          Can someone give me a hint what do now?

Patient:
                          HP 840 G2
                          BIOS: Winbond 25Q128FVSQ

I was using Neoprogrammer 2.2.0.10 & CH341A 1.4
                          Look for a bios on the site according to the motherboard pattern and try it ...
                          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                            Look for a bios on the site according to the motherboard pattern and try it ...
                            Thanks for response. I've got another small question, maybe stupid, but I'm a little confused.
                            Everybody write about motherboard model with 605...-MB-A02 etc. But on sticker on motherboard I've got only CT: PEVE... + sticker on heatpipe (604... ver: a03) + sticker under battery (607... ver: a02) + under SSD (another 607).
                            I'm guessing there's another sticker, I need to take the case apart to get into it or I'm blind?

Comment

Originally posted by kreatywny View Post
                              Thanks for response. I've got another small question, maybe stupid, but I'm a little confused.
                              Everybody write about motherboard model with 605...-MB-A02 etc. But on sticker on motherboard I've got only CT: PEVE... + sticker on heatpipe (604... ver: a03) + sticker under battery (607... ver: a02) + under SSD (another 607).
                              I'm guessing there's another sticker, I need to take the case apart to get into it or I'm blind?
                              the model of the base plate should be written in white paint on one of the parts of the base plate...it has this shape
                              6050a2637901-mb-a02

Comment

Hi all! I'm trying to flash a modified BIOS. The flash itself succeeds, but when I install the chip in the motherboard and turn on the laptop, the bios (or some service) runs an automatic recovery tool due to "bios corrupt" or the checksum is wrong. As a result, I have an old bios.
                                1) Can anyone help me avoid or disable the automatic recovery?
                                2) I suspect I need to flash the second chip on the motherboard as well, the one 2Mb
                                But how to create and write the right checksum?

HP Elitebook 840 G2 i7-5600
                                System board: PEVDT00WB9C00G
                                BIOS M71 v. 01.31

Comment

So, as far as I understand, you ended up flashing both chips?

Comment

Originally posted by electrofrankenstein View Post
                                    So, as far as I understand, you ended up flashing both chips?
                                    post the original bios, which programmer do you use? how do you know that the bios is the problem?

Comment

This works, but shows machine not in committed state

Comment

Re: HP EliteBook 840 G2 clear password

Originally posted by Pasha_Lu View Post
                                        Try.
                                        Thanks its working.

Comment

Hello. Help is needed. There is HP 80 g2. I'm trying to remove the bios password through the programs - HPUnlocker, RCUnlocker_v_1_0.
                                          But I'm getting flashing white and red light.
                                          Help me please.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X