Asus X541UVK Bios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Asus X541UVK Bios

hi guys. is there anyone can remove the bios password of this bios? this one is working, but i cant remove the bios password. anyone please remove the password?? thank you.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by techtik View Post
      hi guys. is there anyone can remove the bios password of this bios? this one is working, but i cant remove the bios password. anyone please remove the password?? thank you.
      password: emma
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
      all donations are welcome,
      see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
      >>>>>
      click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
      Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by techtik View Post
        try..
        Attached Files
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Comment

Hi All, please can i get assistance with Asus X541UVK rev2.0. Windows updated the firmware with x541UAK... Now the laptop powers on but doesnt charge, Charging LED solid white. Also, not sure on the procedure to Flash the rom, i have the stock bios UVK.308. Anu guide on how to flash it. Looked at AFUDOS, finding the commands complicated.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by aadzrx8 View Post
            Hi All, please can i get assistance with Asus X541UVK rev2.0. Windows updated the firmware with x541UAK... Now the laptop powers on but doesnt charge, Charging LED solid white. Also, not sure on the procedure to Flash the rom, i have the stock bios UVK.308. Anu guide on how to flash it. Looked at AFUDOS, finding the commands complicated.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks
            put bios file into a USB stick formatted FAT32, enter in bios and you have in "Advanced" Asus EZ Flash Utility. click on it and select file from USB stick.
            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
            >>>>>

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, I've tried that, it says selected file is not a bios file. Because the model name is registered as x541uak, when in actual fact it's x541uvk. I need to somehow force flash this. 308 bios

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, I've tried that, it says selected file is not a bios file. Because the model name is registered as x541uak, when in actual fact it's x541uvk. I need to somehow force flash this. 308 bios
                then you have to read bios chipset with programmer and post the dump here along with serial number and board ID's, including QR code.
                >>>>>

Comment

Hi All, so I found another post with the same issue where just the battery won't charge. However no response. Can this be done for me please.

Could someone modify F541UA bios so it will be read as F541UAK?

Version 307 (F541UA): https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/X5...AAS307.zip
                  Version 311 (F541UAK): https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/X5...KAS311.zip

Comment

Hi All, so I found another post with the same issue where just the battery won't charge. However no response. Can this be done for me please.

Could someone modify F541UA bios so it will be read as F541UAK?

Version 307 (F541UA): https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/X5...AAS307.zip
                    Version 311 (F541UAK): https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/X5...KAS311.zip
                    Post the required laptop serial number - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570

Also post a picture of the white barcode sticker next to the soldered ram ,if there is one.

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Hi SMDFlea, The serial number is H5N0CX103759209... Unfortunately no sticker.

So the actual bios i need is f541UA...the latest on asus website is .307. AFUWINGUI complains about Size of rom file does not match the size of system rom. And thats where im stuck.

Comment

Hi SMDFlea, The serial number is H5N0CX103759209... Unfortunately no sticker.

So the actual bios i need is f541UA...the latest on asus website is .307. AFUWINGUI complains about Size of rom file does not match the size of system rom. And thats where im stuck.
                        The file from the ASUS homepage is an incomplete file, you need the original bios file to create a complete bios file.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                        Become a Badcaps supporter
                        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                        Thanks to all supporters.
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                          The file from the ASUS homepage is an incomplete file, you need the original bios file to create a complete bios file.
                          Attaching the Bios i downloaded from the Asus website. x541UA.307. Current bios installed is x541uak.304
                          Attached Files

Comment

Attaching the Bios i downloaded from the Asus website. x541UA.307. Current bios installed is x541uak.304
                            Delete offsets 0 - 7FF (length 800) with a hex editor or use UEFITool ,capsule- extract body UEFITool https://github.com/LongSoft/UEFITool..._A59_win32.zip

Go to the setup tab on AFUWIN tick main bios image ,untick program all blocks.

Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-30-2023, 06:17 AM.
                            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I have the UEFItool, please guide me on how to delete the offsets... not sure how to do it.

Comment

I have the UEFItool, please guide me on how to delete the offsets... not sure how to do it.
                                SMDFlea explained very well what you have to do, he almost made a drawing for you
                                So, look at the image attached: open UEFITool, load X541UAAS.307, extract capsule, save it as .rom file, download AMIBIOS_and_Aptio_AMI_Firmware_Update_Utility, copy extracted file in AFUWin/64 folder, launch AFUWINx64.exe , load saved file, check "Main Bios image", uncheck "program all blocks" then click on "Flash" tab.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by volinakis; 10-31-2023, 03:46 AM.
                                >>>>>

Comment

Lol Thanks for that volinakis, I've done that already, is there any workaround for the filesize issue that comes up in AFUWINGUI? I cant open the file. File size does not match system rom.

Comment

Lol Thanks for that volinakis, I've done that already, is there any workaround for the filesize issue that comes up in AFUWINGUI? I cant open the file. File size does not match system rom.
                                    when you open AFUWIN what size of bios is displayed? take a picture and post it.
                                    >>>>>

Comment

Herewith the screenshot
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Herewith the screenshot
                                        use newer version of afuwin, I uploaded one for you. open afuwin, go to settings, check boxes as SMDFlea indicated and after that load bios file.
                                        >>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by volinakis View Post
                                          use newer version of afuwin, I uploaded one for you. open afuwin, go to settings, check boxes as SMDFlea indicated and after that load bios file.

It bluescreens when I run v4.8😕

Comment

Working...
                                          X