T14 Gen 2 (Type 20W0, 20W1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T14 Gen 2 (Type 20W0, 20W1)

hello , plz i have this lap t14 gen2 st : PF3QYDY6 , sometime display sometime no , sometime screen blue . thanks
    Attached Files

Re: T14 Gen 2 (Type 20W0, 20W1)

Originally posted by skazide View Post
    hello , plz i have this lap t14 gen2 st : PF3QYDY6 , sometime display sometime no , sometime screen blue . thanks
    T14 Gen 2 Laptop (ThinkPad) - Type 20W1
    Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Re: T14 Gen 2 (Type 20W0, 20W1)

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
      T14 Gen 2 Laptop (ThinkPad) - Type 20W1
      thanks bro ,pc not not turnin on ..i did return ec original and repair main dump & clean ...pc turn on but not display with same issue ..i think problem maybe not bios ..i will cheek thank you bro for your help

Comment

Thinkpad T14 Gen 2 (20W0)
        SN: PF-2WQMVG

Symptoms:
        30 second black screen on boot
        EC firmware number not listen in BIOS
        NVME drive not detected
        Can only boot into a Linux OS with compatibility options turned on (Not using IGPU I presume?)
        Cannot boot into an OS otherwise
        Network card and ethernet port not functioning

Initial problem:
        Didn't boot/intermittent boot. Black screen with nothing showing up

Attempted Fix:
        Flashed new EC and BIOS, did not clean ME (I was getting errors with the intel tool)

Other symptoms:
        Bios dump seems to be partially corrupted, ME analyzer was throwing up an unable to read error at 0x29000

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm very grateful for anyone who takes their time to look at my issue

BIOS and EC binary dumps have been posted below.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Vesko356
          Vesko356 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thread merged.
          Please use the forum search to find related threads where you can post your request. You're NOT allowed to start a new thread if there's an existing one!!!

RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*
          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...before-posting

Originally posted by ThinkpadFlasher View Post
        Thinkpad T14 Gen 2 (20W0)
        SN: PF-2WQMVG

Symptoms:
        30 second black screen on boot
        EC firmware number not listen in BIOS
        NVME drive not detected
        Can only boot into a Linux OS with compatibility options turned on (Not using IGPU I presume?)
        Cannot boot into an OS otherwise
        Network card and ethernet port not functioning

Initial problem:
        Didn't boot/intermittent boot. Black screen with nothing showing up

Attempted Fix:
        Flashed new EC and BIOS, did not clean ME (I was getting errors with the intel tool)

Other symptoms:
        Bios dump seems to be partially corrupted, ME analyzer was throwing up an unable to read error at 0x29000

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm very grateful for anyone who takes their time to look at my issue

BIOS and EC binary dumps have been posted below.
        T14 Gen 2 Laptop (ThinkPad) - Type 20W0

Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
        Become a Badcaps supporter
        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
        Thanks to all supporters.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
          T14 Gen 2 Laptop (ThinkPad) - Type 20W0
          I have attempted to flash the provided EC and BIOS binaries. When they are flashed to the board, it does not boot under any condition. When I flash the files provided for the 20W1, the board boots into the BIOS, but the issues mentioned in my original post appear. What may be the issue causing this?

Thank you for taking your time to help me on my issue

Comment

keep your original ec and flash out image only
            if no luck than flash 2nd one both ec and main
            Attached Files

Comment

None of these worked, so I attempted to re-flash the dumps that at least let the laptop POST. After this, the laptop doesn't post and just has a black screen with a charging port LED that lights up.
              I'm out of ideas here, but thank you for everyone who attempted to help me, I really appreciate your time and effort .

Comment

Working...
              X