acer predator ph317-52 how to flash ec, no post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

acer predator ph317-52 how to flash ec, no post

i need help with this laptop, mboard: la-f991p, no post but turns on, fans spins only once when power button is pressed, no capslock or numlock light, voltages are correct & resistances from coils, i compared from working predator mboard, tried clean me bios flash (many versions) with programmer but same behavior, and me state does not change when i dumped clean me bios back and checked it with me analyzer, so it does not write to bios

Re: acer predator ph317-52 how to flash ec, no post

should i try to flash ec or is that waste of time? does the symptoms match if ec firmware is corrupted , i have no ideas anymore what to try and help would be nice

Comment

Originally posted by swammyw View Post
      should i try to flash ec or is that waste of time? does the symptoms match if ec firmware is corrupted , i have no ideas anymore what to try and help would be nice
      post here the original bios of the laptop...
      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

i accidentally did not detect chip right, it was 16mb chip and, it got autodetected 8mb so i got only 8mb dump of the bios

Comment

me analyzer gives error: detected incomplete firmware size 0x800000 expected 0x1000000, warning firmware size exeeds engine region, possible data loss,

the bios chip is 16mb so i dont know bc there is also 8mb bioses available to this laptop should i try that or is it also waste of time
          Attached Files

Comment

ok, the me state changes configured to initalized, so bios is initalizing me, but how can i flash ec, i am suspecting it bc fans spins only once when laptop is booted, in flash image tool i just load ec binary file, is that all? or do i have to do something else, what is ec region enable & ec region pointer file?

Comment

ok, the me state changes configured to initalized, so bios is initalizing me, but how can i flash ec, i am suspecting it bc fans spins only once when laptop is booted, in flash image tool i just load ec binary file, is that all? or do i have to do something else, what is ec region enable & ec region pointer file?
              you have everything you need for post #4...what programmer do you use? the bios has 16MB not 8MB...for the EC bios you need a different kind of programmer (Svod, Vertyanov, etc)..the EC bios is in the I chip I/O...
              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79204
              https://ioprogrammer.com/
              Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

ok, thanks, i use ch314a with 3,3v mod

Comment

but the question is can i flash ec somehow, i dont have ec programmer & problem might not be ec fw but i want to try anyways

Comment

but the question is can i flash ec somehow, i dont have ec programmer & problem might not be ec fw but i want to try anyways
                    you got an answer above.. you have no choice but with a programmer for I/O chips...

Comment

Working...
                    X