Lenovo Ideapad 320-15IKA NM-B452 not charging battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 320-15IKA NM-B452 not charging battery

Reflash the bios and post your updates and details of the bios that works with the other system.

So the laptop CAN charge the batteries if 2 cell. Not if 3 cell.

You are testing with the battery pack that is open and working with raw battery cells and a the BMS board inside the battery pack? If yes, that is very dangerous to do.

Comment

I made a new bios dump from the lenovo site just to be clean but it didn't fix the battery charge issue.
      This laptop is unable to charge any battery, either 2 or 3 cells.
      A similar model can change all the batteries so the batteries are not to blame.

No I haven't dismantled any battery, I do that only for scap batteries to get cells for projects.

Thank you for your time, it seems we have checked all the suspected parts but with no luck.

I upload the blank clean bios I cut from lenovo site for anyone that might need it.
      DMI data at block 234000, length 2000
      Attached Files
      Last edited by rookieme; 06-16-2023, 08:23 AM.

Comment

It is hard to remotely troubleshoot a physically damaged board without getting one single picture of the actual damage.
        FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

ok, this time I have some photos too.
          So far I have replaced again the PU301, both dc-in mosfets and the KBC.

First picture shows the PU301 area with the new lines at the shunt resistor.

Second picture shows the board at the other side of PL302 which has a lift [where the green solder mask is]

Third photo shows probably what caused the issue, it has burned lines from the lan and a lift at the spot there...
          Attached Files

Comment

You must see 25V on the ACDRV Bro. Change PQ311.

Comment

Working...
            X