Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer Predator Helios 300 (LA-E911P) is switching off after some time

Hi all,

I have Acer Predator Helios 300 with motherboard LA-E911P with GTX1050TI and Core i5 7th gen.
    The problem with it is, that after some time it is swithing off without any reason (and without any message), temperatures are OK. Now it is swithing off while windows is loading, so I can't even go there. I checked voltages and 5V is on after plug in, after pushing power button, every voltage is on, but 5V is only 4.5V now. And after some time, laptop is swithing off and the only voltage is 19V on mesurements resistor. (there is no 5V after).

I checked this switch near RAM that has to be closed to power on the motherboard, but there everything is fine, it is not it.

I have no idea what to do next, will really appreciate any help.

Re: Acer Predator Helios 300 (LA-E911P) is switching off after some time

Start with removing all power. Meter in resistance mode (2k scale is ok).

Check each coil on the board with red meter probe to the coil (either side of the 2 pin coil) & black meter probe to ground.

Looking for a low resistance to ground on the coil. Each coil is linked to a local power supply rail. Respectively there are filter capacitors on the rail. Over time, the caps die and can cause such events.

Post details - perhaps start with the 5v rail that is showing 4v5 which is low. Reference the part where you are taking this measurement.

Comment

4v5 was mesured at PL404.
      Others coils:
      PL806 - 5 ohm
      PL809 - 16.9 ohm
      PL803 - 3.1 ohm
      PL7202 - 55.5 ohm
      PL502 - 258 ohm
      PL602 - 206.5 ohm
      PL1602 - 67.5 ohm
      PL301 - 5 Mohm
      PL404 - 15.4 kohm
      PL402 - 3.15 kohm

Comment

PL404 should be 5V as u r aware. Try replacing caps connected to PL404. Check whether VREG5(LDO) is stable 5V or not

Comment

But isn't it strange that 5V is 5V before power button? And only after that button it is down to 4V5. Should I change that caps even if there is stable 5V before power button?

To be honest I was thinking about some sensors and switches, maybe temperature sensors or some signals connected with this switch BI SW (sw2).

Comment

I mesured it with motherboard inside case and I was wrong, 5V is stable, before power button, while laptop is turning on and while it is switching off and after it is switched off. So 5V is not good lead. After laptop is switched off, it wont turn on for some time. After some time it once again is switching on (3 times resetting at the beginning). Then it comes to loading windows (or no bootable device without disk) and then switch off...

No idea what to do...

Comment

Working...
            X