Help with Elitebook 745 G5 capacitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Elitebook 745 G5 capacitors

Due to lack of luck, these 2 buggers left their spot when I replaced the BIOS chip. SSD died a month later, but probably because it got too hot, because it wasnt removed from the board, long story. Then I baked the SSD, it worked for 2 months then again, sometimes boots, sometimes says no HDD. Everything should be fine on the board, except these 2 milletric buggers arent there. I dont have the stuff this small to resolder them, so I used the laptop without them. Now Im scared to put new SSD because Im not fully sure this one was killed by heat-gun. Another problem now, fans kick on 100% as soon as I click the power button. What should I do, can the laptop work without these 2, or these 2 are culprits for 1 or both of these issues?
    Attached Files

Re: Help with Elitebook 745 G5 capacitors

Edit: this 100% fan issue occured few days ago, when I tried to boot it with this half dead SSD, it didnt show HP logo and froze there with fans, and now theyre stuck from that moment at max rpm

Comment

The two capacitor are likely for the output of the buck converter ic U60400, Yes these need to be in place.
      This is a step down buck converter, without the capacitors the output voltage is likely wrong and may have damaged whatever this regulator supplies.
      Last edited by R_J; 01-08-2022, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
        The two capacitor are likely for the output of the buck converter ic U60400, Yes these need to be in place.
        This is a step down buck converter, without the capacitors the output voltage is likely wrong and may have damaged whatever this regulator supplies.
        Would you know what are my options?

Comment

Parts are 2 * 22uf ceramic capacitors.

See attached for the regulator with '1U=' markings datasheet.

Do you have any soldering tools?
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post

Some richtek IC`s can have more than 1 part with the same marking.The RT6255AHSGJ8F ,ending with J8F : TSOT-23-8 (FC) .Marking 1U=

It could be an RT8097ALGE https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...7ce396bf51.pdf Ending in E , SOT-23-6 .Marking 1U=
            Last edited by SMDFlea; 01-09-2022, 06:31 AM.
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post

Im sorry but sadly I lack the knowledge to understand these diagrams and datasheets ... I was on a mission of replacing bios chip, that went well except these 2 fellas and the thing with big C on it got knocked over. I reinstalled the big C thing there, but these 2 capacitors are just too miniature for my basic soldering equipment. I do have a cousin that works with car electronics and who has good soldering equipment. I just need to know what has to be done. Laptop worked for 2 months with no consequences except Ive noticed LCD ghosting, when image was shown at hogh brightness it would stay there for 30 mins ghosted behind the normal image. SSD is 99% dead because it stayed in place while I heatgunned the BIOS chip. Also Im not sure what has happened on the bottom of the motherboard as screws are stripped to remove it from the basis.

Comment

Originally posted by elitebooker View Post
                Due to lack of luck, these 2 buggers left their spot when I replaced the BIOS chip. SSD died a month later, but probably because it got too hot, because it wasnt removed from the board, long story. Then I baked the SSD, it worked for 2 months then again, sometimes boots, sometimes says no HDD. Everything should be fine on the board, except these 2 milletric buggers arent there. I dont have the stuff this small to resolder them, so I used the laptop without them. Now Im scared to put new SSD because Im not fully sure this one was killed by heat-gun. Another problem now, fans kick on 100% as soon as I click the power button. What should I do, can the laptop work without these 2, or these 2 are culprits for 1 or both of these issues?
                hello, you can back up rom U366(on top mainboard) help me please!!

Comment

Working...
                X