Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a2289 macbook pro 2020 no boot

Dear friends
    I'm thinking that the MacBook Pro 2020 13-inch a2289 couldn't be solved during repair

It is said that beer burst out of the bag and became flooded.

The charging amperage was not normal, so when I looked for the short line, there was a short in the first picture and the chip was removed.

Then, when I plugged in the charger, the trackpad responded, but there was no boot up response.

As soon as the charger is connected, it quickly rises to 1.4 amps based on 5 volts, keeps it a little, and then falls back to 0 amps.

So, looking at the board again, when I checked, the 2 ohm chip was scorched black.

So I removed the chip in the part shown in the second picture.

I didn't do this with accurate information because I don't have a circuit viewer.

Can you help me?? ㅠㅠ
    Attached Files

Re: a2289 macbook pro 2020 no boot

oh!~ News

I just removed the circled part of the photo and stuck it back on.

And when I plug in the charger on this MacBook, there is a trackpad response, so when I take the charger out and plug it in again, the charger sound is heard, but there is no screen response at all.

And the power supply is charging, but if you give it 5 volts, it goes up to 1.2 amps, but it keeps dropping to 0 and then rising again.

I didn't do anything for a second, but something changed again.
    This time, it is charging stably at 1.2A, and it becomes a double tap on the trackpad and the touch bar and keyboard light respond.

I did nothing more.
    However, the screen is still unresponsive, and even when connected to an external monitor, it seems to be unresponsive.

The monitor seems to recognize

Anyone who knows what I'm missing ㅠㅠ
    Attached Files

Comment

If you shine a flashlight (cell phone light) on the front of the screen, do you see any graphics? Try to move around the light to check if there is an Apple logo or any desktop graphics.

Your model is too new to have boardview or schematics. For these key reasons, it will be a difficult repair to know which parts to study but do the above test.

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=90053
        OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Thank you for answer!

In fact, I'm not a Macbook doctor like you did, so I don't know how to read schematics well.

And since the words came out, I was curious...

Sometimes there is a rar file other than the circuit brd file that members upload, but I can't open the rar file I wonder if there is a way to open this.

The reason I ask is just you're like a great master

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
            If you shine a flashlight (cell phone light) on the front of the screen, do you see any graphics? Try to move around the light to check if there is an Apple logo or any desktop graphics.

Your model is too new to have boardview or schematics. For these key reasons, it will be a difficult repair to know which parts to study but do the above test.
            Thank you so much for answering!!.

I tried shining the light as you said, but I can't see any screen.

Is there a case that the backlight goes out of this model? ㅠㅠ
            Which part should I look at

I want to solve it too much, but I am very sorry that I do not have information about the circuit.

Comment

If you press the CAPS LOCK key on the keyboard, does the GREEN LED turn ON / OFF ?

If yes, this indicates that some parts of the computer are alive.

The touchbar lighting up is a good sign from the limited knowledge on these newer models.

The real issue is that the model is just too new and there is little to no information on the logic board. If you can see graphics but the display is dark then this means the power supply that is required to backlight for the LCD display is damaged or not working.

Since the display is dark with no graphics, you will have to carefully power down, remove the battery connector for safety. This will remove all power to the logic board. Then review the LCD display video cable and where it mates with the logic board.

Perhaps the cable is not making contact or is dirty from some liquid spill ? Usually alcohol is used here (90+ purity) to clean the contacts.

Here in Canada, saw the medical grade alcohol at Costco at fair prices. You may have the same locally there. Ironically we have bought some great quality PCBs in Seoul for many years (Seil and other shops) - for sure you have a very high tech industry there. Check your local cell phone repair shops for assistance on the alcohol or connector review.

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
                If you press the CAPS LOCK key on the keyboard, does the GREEN LED turn ON / OFF ?

If yes, this indicates that some parts of the computer are alive.

The touchbar lighting up is a good sign from the limited knowledge on these newer models.

The real issue is that the model is just too new and there is little to no information on the logic board. If you can see graphics but the display is dark then this means the power supply that is required to backlight for the LCD display is damaged or not working.

Since the display is dark with no graphics, you will have to carefully power down, remove the battery connector for safety. This will remove all power to the logic board. Then review the LCD display video cable and where it mates with the logic board.

Perhaps the cable is not making contact or is dirty from some liquid spill ? Usually alcohol is used here (90+ purity) to clean the contacts.

Here in Canada, saw the medical grade alcohol at Costco at fair prices. You may have the same locally there. Ironically we have bought some great quality PCBs in Seoul for many years (Seil and other shops) - for sure you have a very high tech industry there. Check your local cell phone repair shops for assistance on the alcohol or connector review.

Thank you.
                The caps lock button is turned on when pressed. Which means the keyboard responds.

However, the display is not responsive at all. It's not dark either. It's just that nothing comes out.

Cleaner uses 99% pure alcohol.

In conclusion, the screen is not responding at all and it doesn't come out even if I connect to the external monitor.

I was originally an iPhone mainboard repair expert, so I have a short experience in repairing MacBooks.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
                X