Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo Yoga Flex 16 - LID Sensor Schematics

Hello everyone,

I've got a laptop in after a screen replacement where the lid-sensor is non-responsive; I have been assured that all magnets were transferred over.

I can't physically see any hall-sensors on the board, nor will a magnet anywhere around the board do anything.

Looking at the Schematics I can find the Hall Sensor and its component designation (U14), I also note that J3 (the USB sub-board connector) has pins 26&27 as LID Signals #1 and #2 and pin 28 is +3VL VCC.

Because I couldn't visually locate the component, I was going to attempt to short the LID pin to ground and see if it triggered sleep, however, when I look at the schematics for the sub-board itself the pin orientation has been reversed and pins 1,2&3 are crossed out.

Am I reading these schematics right?

If anyone has any insight I would much appreciate it!

Re: Lenovo Yoga Flex 16 - LID Sensor Schematics

The usb board is connected thru a cable. Right?? The cable's one side is on top and the other side is on bottom,ie, the cable pins are reversed between mb and usb sub board-so the schematic is right. The LID should be very likely on the usb board itself.

Comment

That's what I thought, but it's not; yes there is a flex cable connecting the boards.

What do the crosses mean on the USB board schematic?
      Last edited by CohenC; 04-07-2021, 11:21 PM.

Comment

crosses means non connected.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
          crosses means non connected.
          Hmm, that's what I thought, I'm puzzled as the pins read 3V when measured.

Comment

Working...
          X