Asus k52f short

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Asus k52f short

Good flux can make some difference but it is the skill which is more important to avoid solder joints between pins of smaller IC's

Comment

Genuine Amtech 559.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
        Genuine Amtech 559.
        Yes get genuine 559, watch out theres lots of fake stuff on ebay, buy it from here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/insatinternational

Edited to add ,i have no affiliation with insat whatsoever other than being very happy with their products.
        Last edited by SMDFlea; 06-08-2018, 07:26 AM.
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thanks diff and smd

Comment

i think thier maybe short on j6802 pins am looking
            BAT54C SOT-23 PHILIPS
            Last edited by Stevie2001; 06-08-2018, 03:50 PM.

Comment

found another short please give me advise how to track this maybe using heat method or anything.

all legs on transistor D2701 short
              part D2701 on boardview

now i did not get this transistor out yet because the nearby caps also show sign of short to.
              C2702
              C2701
              D2701

can it be
              Q9101
              Q9104
              check attachment
              or is this normal?
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Stevie2001; 06-08-2018, 07:23 PM.

Comment

My ITE is here will put it on.
                Am worried about post 26 is this normal or what
                Last edited by Stevie2001; 06-09-2018, 12:51 PM.

Comment

the ITE ic well inserted.

now the problem was with
                  UM6K1N causing short.

thats what this ic does look at the boardview parts.

when i connect the dc power supply get short.
                  when i removed this mofset and used dc power supply again short gone and green light i have.

now my question is this mofset is here for a purpos i cant just leave it out, why is this getting heated up and causing a short.

what are the marking on this type of mofset so i can se if i can salvage more.
                  Last edited by Stevie2001; 06-09-2018, 03:32 PM.

Comment

You already have the part number, UMK61N ,just google it and get the datasheet and other info. The top case marking is K1 . Look on the boardview and click on each pin of the UMK61N, it shows what each of those pins are connected to. Pin 2 is connected to R5614 and pin 24 of the KBC that you`ve just replaced. Pin 3 is connected to parts on BOTH sides of the board (wifi LED) . The part is heating up because its burnt as it shows on one of your pictures. Replace it .
                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                      You already have the part number, UMK61N ,just google it and get the datasheet and other info. The top case marking is K1 . Look on the boardview and click on each pin of the UMK61N, it shows what each of those pins are connected to. Pin 2 is connected to R5614 and pin 24 of the KBC that you`ve just replaced. Pin 3 is connected to parts on BOTH sides of the board (wifi LED) . The part is heating up because its burnt as it shows on one of your pictures. Replace it .
                      seems like a UMK61N gets heated and now i remove it, the green light comes on but unable to power up still , and the resistor near the UMK61N gets heated while it shows 19v 0.04amps short.

the problem is defo elsewhere and UMK61N or other resistor IEEE is taking the beat.
                      i replaced it with another k1 and it heats up.

am now starting to think it maybe
                      PWM CONTROLLER RT8206AGQW RICHTEK WQFN-32
                      PIN3 P_5V3V_VCC_20 short with gnd
                      PIN7 +5VAO short with gnd
                      pin19 +5VAO short with gnd
                      pin25 P_3VSUS_LX_40 short with gnd
                      pin30 P_3VSUS_VO_10 short with gnd

showing signs of short with gnd.

part D2701 on boardview tested the transistor all 3 leg joints short.
                      is their a way i can inject voltage can you tell me where so i can locate it quicker
                      Last edited by Stevie2001; 06-10-2018, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Comment

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Richtek-R...sAAOSwBLlVTkwF

Comment

I can`t edit my post ,got it wrong sorry,i`d left the reference schematic open and looked at that instead of the boardview.
                            Test R5618 it should be 10K ohms

Comment

I changed ic found from another board stil short.
                              The transistor i mention about that had 3 leg short 1 leg goes to
                              C.S BD82HM55 904127 INT IBEXPEAK HM55 SLGZS

I think its a gonner unless there is a way to find the short
                              Last edited by Stevie2001; 06-10-2018, 12:50 PM.

Comment

It also connects to C2738 and R2706 on the other side of the board. Take D2701 off and test the pins again for short.

Comment

It also connects to C2738 and R2706 on the other side of the board. Take D2701 off and test the pins again for short.
                                  Ok bro thanks for taking the time to reply il check and get back.

D2701 already out all 3 pads short.
                                  I may have to open each leg from the pads to resistors on the backside thats connected to this their are 38 or more connected
                                  Last edited by Stevie2001; 06-10-2018, 03:46 PM.

Comment

C.S BD82HM55 904127 INT IBEXPEAK HM55 SLGZS
                                    even in shorted pads i set voltage less then 1v and 0.79amps this ic gets heated seems like am out of luck to fix this.

Comment

It will measure very low ohms to gnd.

Comment

Any suggests as you can se the image above of boardview it has all connected parts.

Comment

Just uploading a picture of openboardview in use ,so you can see the difference between it and boardviewer.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X