No Display X550CC Rev 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Display X550CC Rev 2.0

Tried the first thing that comes to mind: a lite reflow of the gpu. Tried connecting to an external monitor via HDMI but no display.

Laptop powers on with fan etc but no display. Tried bios reflash; still same. Any pointers?
    Full-time computer repair tech (10am - 6pm) and full-time, (8am - 11pm), Ruby on Rails Developer

Re: No Display X550CC Rev 2.0

Check with MMtool if there is the correct vbios inside main bios.
    I don't remember well how, but with same model, I have disabled gpu power using EN pin on it's power chip and the system has switched to UMA .
    This only to check if the problem is on gpu or in other part of motherboard.

Comment

Hi. What is a MMTool?
      Full-time computer repair tech (10am - 6pm) and full-time, (8am - 11pm), Ruby on Rails Developer

Comment

MMtool it's a tool to extract or insert some parts of bios , modules, as in the case that a bios of graphics card resides in the system bios.
        For example, on X550C asus has installed various graphics chips, for each chips there is a different video bios. it's possible, also, insert in the system bios more than one vbios (compatibly with his size) in those notebook that use a mxm socket for interchangeable graphic cards.
        anyway the argument is more complex than what i wrote.
        If you download this tool, to see which card refers to the BIOS that you've used, open MMtool and loads the bios, in the "extract" menu, enable "link present" and you can see how vbios there is in the system bios.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello , did you solved the problem? I have the same issue.

Comment

Same problem here....

Comment

Did that fix it? I am having same problem here

Comment

Working...
              X