Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus UL30A Will Not Power On (High Res Pictures Attached) - Please Help

Hello badcaps members,

I've recently started to re-build an old UL30A I had lying around to use as a mobile command centre for my Quadcopter... Sadly while I had the laptop motherboard out of the casings I decided to try and connect the battery to it (don't ask me why!). It appears that I connected the battery to the motherboard upside down and hence I believe it killed the motherboard... This is all I can think of as the motherboard worked before it was taken out the old casing and rebuilt.

There was no magic smoke or noises when the battery was attached wrongly.

Symptons.

When powered up out of the casings with the memory attached the power light comes on, there is no fan or HDD activity. The laptop does not power up purely via the battery anymore. The strange thing is that if the battery it attached when it's powered on via AC, the charge light comes on. I cannot get the laptop to turn off once powered on, it does not respond the an 'off' command from the power button.

I've attached high res 24MP images taken with my DSLR in the hope this will help.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzp...it?usp=sharing

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I really cannot justify a new motherboard given the high prices and am kicking myself for letting my inquisitive side take hold of me! It worked fine before...

Kind regards,

Mark

Re: Asus UL30A Will Not Power On (High Res Pictures Attached) - Please Help

If I remember correctly, not responding to a hard-power-off indicates the southbridge is dead. Can check to see if it warms up at all?
    Dell E7450 | i5-5300U | 16GB DDR3 | 256GB SSD

Comment

Working...
    X