Asus UX533FD no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus UX533FD no power

Hi guys, I need a bit of help, I have a Asus Zenbook with motherboard UX533FD Rev 2.1. Connecting the laptop draws 30mah and not coming on, Measuring the coils I got the values below. Measuring in resistance all coils have normal values, cpu about 8ohm and the gpu about 5ohm but I guess its normal. Checking with the thermal camera, the only 2 chips that have a bit of heat signature are the U3501 (pd controller) and the U3001 that is the KBC. Now I guess the PD controller it's not the the problem because the battery is fully charged and trying to turn on on battery is the same.

Just to give a bit of overview, then I got the laptop, connecting the power jack will get a 30mah consumption, all coils have power 1,2v, 1,8v, 3,3v, 5v, 1v, the only coils that are missing the power are the pch coil, the 3 cpu coils, the 3 gpu coils and the vram coil, while measuring the coils after a lot of tries, I noticed the amd jumped to 700ma - 1a, cpu was getting hot, so the board started, removed power, connected the screen and turned on fine, I used it for 2 days and worked fine, turned on, battery was charging, windows was loading. After 2 days, I decided to disable it again so that I can install it properly, after reinstall, it's back to the 30mah like in the beginning.

Without the battery, connecting the power, the light on side comes on, and the current is 30mah. connecting the battery and without the power adapter, pressing the power button, the same all voltages as with adapter, the light on the side comes on but still dead. I tried to reprogram the bios, without any change.

I´m stuck, please help.

PL8301 : 1V
    PL8104: 0V
    PL8102: 0v
    PL8101: 0v
    PL8103: 0v
    PL9101: 0V
    PL9102: 0V
    PL9103: 0V
    PL9401: 0V
    PL8701: 3.4v
    PL8702: 5V
    PL8601: 1.2v
    PL8901: 0V (with the battery disconnected)
Working...
X