HP Elitebook 645 G10 BAD BIOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Elitebook 645 G10 BAD BIOS

Hi. I had someone from ebay try to remove computrace from this laptop but now I just get flashing caps light (6,1). I have attached a backup bin here if someone would be willing to have a look.

Device - HP Elitebook 645 G10

Thanks in advance for and help.
    Attached Files

Re: HP Elitebook 645 G10 BAD BIOS

Originally posted by bcrsr View Post
    Hi. I had someone from ebay try to remove computrace from this laptop but now I just get flashing caps light (6,1). I have attached a backup bin here if someone would be willing to have a look.
    Device - HP Elitebook 645 G10
    Thanks in advance for and help.
    RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570

Provide the full machine model number, serial number (or Service tag, SNID) and the board model number (see https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88758 )

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Sorry..

I have added the serial number and board number here.

S/N - 5CD324KFYV

BOARD - DA0X9TMB8D1 REV D

Comment

Sorry..

S/N - 5CD324KFYV

you backup bin is likely corrupted also

Comment

Sorry..

S/N - 5CD324KFYV

TRY A NEW ONE
          Attached Files

Comment

Sorry for the late reply. This did not work either. Still have flashing caps. Thanks for your help.

Comment

• hoaca388
              hoaca388 commented
              Editing a comment
              There are 2 files: Bios and Ec.

• bcrsr
              bcrsr commented
              Editing a comment
              Should I upload both files? Honestly, I am a bit out of date with all of this. Only really worked with BIOS file. Thanks.

• hoaca388
              hoaca388 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, you can try

Hi, have you ever managed to get this one sorted? I am having a strange case with this laptop. So there was a BIOS password on it. I attempted to remove it by flashing the chip with the .bin provided above "HP EliteBook 645 G10_new_4MATIC.rar". I have also managed to get just blinking capslock. I have loaded back my original bios image and I still get flashing capslock. Machine has been booting just fine before. I have only taken off the chip to program it. No components have been knocked off or anything like this. I am 100% certain I have loaded the origina image back. Still just a flashing capslock. 3V and 5V are on. Rest of the voltages comes on for a sec and then off. Capslock is flashing 7 times. How it is not working with the original image back on the chip? How is that possible... Anyone having any experience with this device?

Comment

Hi,

I am having problems with the following laptop:

Brand: HP
              Model: Elitebook 645 G10
              Motherboard model: DA0X9TMB8D1 REV: D

It is an AMD 7000 series CPU laptop.

The problem is this: computer has came with BIOS password and also Windows locked to a company domain. I have done what I would normally do in such case:

1. Desoldered BIOS chip
              2. Put it into the programmer
              3. Made two .bin backups of original bios
              4. I found a fresh BIOS image on the internet
              5. Write the new fresh BIOS image to the machine

After I have done this the machine would not boot. It starts automatically when power is plugged in then:

1. F5 key LED lights up Orange
              2. Power LED flashes White/Orange
              3. Machine turns on and off like this a few times
              4. Finally the F5 key LED turns off and the Power LED stays white
              5. If I press power button in such condition I get 7 flashes on the CapsLock LED
              6. Laptop reacts to the power button: if I press it long enough the machine turns off but then turns ON automatically and the cycle repeats

Under such condition I can see voltages on the motherboard going up: 3.3v, 5v are ON all the time. For a second or two I do get 1.8v for RAM and one of the CPU power stages (the high resistance one) goes up to 0.8v. Later these voltages go down and only 3.3v and 5v remain ON.

I thought this was just a corrupted image I downloaded from the internet. So I written back the original image. After soldering the chip back to the laptop I still get the same issues as described above. Power light flashing white / orange, Caps Lock LED flashing 7 times. Same voltages on the board.

I have checked the BIOS chip few times and it is programming and verifying fine each time. The soldering is done right: chip is always soldered back correctly with all the pins making contact. No components has been blowed off the board with hot air. Soldering has been done very carefully. I do not think my original BIOS would be corrupted. It has been read on two different computers but using same programmer (I have made two copies).

What could be the problem? I have seen on another forum someone having simillar problems with G8 and repaired by flashing the EC ROM.

I have attached both images of BIOS and EC ROM.

Could anyone please help?
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RWS93 View Post
                Hi,

I am having problems with the following laptop:

Could anyone please help?
                try
                Attached Files
                Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-19-2024, 08:53 AM. Reason: edited full quote

Comment

Originally posted by danito View Post

try
                  Thank you very much for preparing this image for me. It seems like it is bigger than the original .bin: 32.769 KB (your image) vs 32.768 KB (original image). Maybe the difference is in the first bytes of the file as I showed in the screenshot?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ah I think I understand now. Is it the security register? In AsProgrammer it does not show after I detect the chip... but in NeoProgrammer it does. It is called "security register1". It is exactly of the size 1KB - the extra data at the beginning of your BIOS you prepared for me. Hmmm maybe I just used AsProgrammer initially to work with this laptop and erased the whole chip including the security register. But when making a backup it did not read the security register as my original images are only 32 768KB? Later I wrote just the backup 32 768KB leaving the security register empty? And this is why it won't boot? Hmmm... I took that 1KB of the BIOS you provided and wrote it to the "security register" of the chip. Now the main BIOS image goes in the 32 768KB part. Will see... hopefully this will sort the issue. I think it is quite a logical reasoning here.

Comment

OK so I am an absolute idiot. I do hot air soldering very often but turns out this time I made a mistake. I allowed the idea for this in my head and I started thinking I could knock a component off. I could not find a schematic or board view but I found HP YT channel where they are posting maintenance videos about their machines. There was a picture of the motherboard. On this picture ROM is installed in some sort of a socket unlike on my board where it is soldered but everything else is the same. I noticed I must have knocked off a resistor when desoldering the chip. This resistor has been connected to pin 1 of the ROM. I found that on the other side of the track the voltage goes up to 3.3V max so I decided to replace the resistor with a soldered bridge. After doing so on original BIOS picture laptop wakes up. Keyboard backlight turns ON, power LED turns ON, all the voltages on the board are present, CPU getting warm but no display backlight and no picture. After about 10 sec the machine restarts.

I guess the bridge is not enough and replacing that resistor is essential. There is no board view no schematic so I do not know the value of the resistor. I found schematics for other laptops with similar ROM and design with the resistor connected to pin 1. Normally these resistors are within 22 - 220 ohm. I will give it a go later today. Any other ideas on the resistor value? Thank you.

Attached Files

Comment

Ok sorted. 22ohm resistor worked fine. Machine runs on original BIOS. I will later try the BIOS provided above to unlock it.

Comment

hi master

This is my HP EliteBook 655 G10 in bios password can any one unlock my laptop?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Muhammad Faizan View Post
                            hi master

This is my HP EliteBook 655 G10 in bios password can any one unlock my laptop?
                            just flash the winbond dont touch the gigadevice
                            Attached Files

Comment

ok tomorrow i will check and update you

Comment

Originally posted by alfredposadas09 View Post
                                just flash the winbond dont touch the gigadevice
                                After all I enter in th bios why password appear again how
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X