Aspire 3 and KB9022Q (SIO) chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aspire 3 and KB9022Q (SIO) chip

I have a problem with +5V ALW and +3V ALW. These voltages are generated by RT6575 IC.
    For correct function RT6575 needs 5V_EN and 3V_EN. These values are provide by KB9022Q chip.
    I replaced KB9022Q and flashed, yet not 5V_EN and 3V_EN.

My question:
    If there is no 5V_EN and 3V_EN , does it mean that I did not flash correct EC( embedded controller firmware) to that KB9022Q?
    Or 5V_EN and 3V_EN does not depend on firmware running in KB9022Q?
    Thank you for help
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jane; 03-06-2024, 06:44 AM.

5V_EN/3V_EN does depends on the correct firmware in SIO. But since the firmware flashed succesfully,SIO is very likely ok.

To me it appears classic Acer thermal protection for which i have provided solution in this forum.

Tell us the mb markings and link schematic if available.

Comment

Thank you for your reply.
      Yes, I successfully flashed SIO. But I do not know if the firmware was exactly right for my version of mainboard
      I have DH5JV LA-G021P mainboard. Can you please let me know how to check( so that I know)if it is classic Acer thermal protection error? And how to repair it?
      Thank you

Comment

First try flashing the EC linked by smdflea. If situation dont change then

01.Check voltage on both sides of R3926
      02.Voltage on D2012-both pins.

If its due to thermal protection,there is a way to bypass it. I'll guide you to that effect but first the measurements please.

Comment

I flashed KA8G116A.rom but still no correct 5V_EN/3V_EN voltages.
        I measured:
        5V_EN is 3.28V
        3V_EN is 0V

R3926: both sides have 0V
        D2012: this diode is missing on the mainboard. Maybe someone else already repaired mainboard or is it a factory modifications?. Is it necessary to be there?
        Voltages on D2012- pin 1 - is about 3.3V; pin 2 is 0V

Thanks again for help

Comment

D2012 is marked@ in schematics-so not used by factory. Now follow these 2 steps carefully
          01.Remove R3926
          02.Put a jumper wire between Pin1 & 2 of D2012.

Hopefully your problem may be solved.

Comment

Working...
          X